7 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Salford I fear, and I ain’t a Salford fan are going to do down the same or similar road that Swinton have been on since 1992.

Moor Lane next for the Pinks then? Even more inaccessible than Peel Green

Edited by Bleep1673

Where were you last Thursday?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Salford add nothing ? Which Million £ game is the most talked about, especially with non RL fans? Which cup final was the closest and most exciting in recent year? Which play off att

I think he's a bit busy right now

Maybe they could groundshare with Dewsbury?

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The Willows could have been redeveloped. The North Stand was one of the best places to watch Rugby League from, although it was a long way from the nearest bar, and burger stall, the "Main Stand" could quite easy have been demolished and redeveloped within planning permission to accommodate decent sized changing rooms fit for the 21st century (Did anyone on here change in there? The rooms were appalling.), rebuild the Weaste Road stand, rebuild Kennedy Rd to a three tier full length stand, keep the social club, but revamp it, the church and school opposite had been demolished, so car parking was not a problem, reopen the burger/bars under the North Stand, and you had a place that Brian Snape suggested could hold Internationals.

The problem with the Williows was not necessarily the ground, but where it was. It wasn't uncommon for reports to emerge after many games about vandalised cars or people being assaulted at the tram stop and it was pretty much accepted that the area around the ground was discouraging people from visiting. 

There's not a lot of development that the club could do to change that. 

• Like 1

Don't matter anyway, as all the games are being played at St. Helens and Leeds, you could play them anywhere, they are all being played at Saints & Leeds because of TV Viewing rights. You could play them at the KC, or Snowdonia.

Edited by Bleep1673
Spelling

30 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

It was Marwan who signed the deal, Wilkinson had nowt to do with it.

I was on the committee at Irlam Hornets, and met John Wilkinson when he stepped on board as a main sponsor, and he came across as a very astute businessman. I don't think he would sign a naming rights to a Union fan, he was League 100%.

It was January 2013 when Dr Koukash took over.

The stadium had been in use for a year or two.

Wilkinson agreed to the stadium terms.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/fond-farewell-from-john-wilkinson-mr-1293316

It was amazing how the Labour government had a stadium built in overcrowded Stratford.London.without any problem.Not even a lesser-spotted Newt to delay things.

Helped West Ham FC and the local criminals.

All Labour councils should be the same. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

The problem with the Williows was not necessarily the ground, but where it was. It wasn't uncommon for reports to emerge after many games about vandalised cars or people being assaulted at the tram stop and it was pretty much accepted that the area around the ground was discouraging people from visiting. 

No, I disagree, there were no vandalised cars, that was a rumour put about by Castleford Supporters, who had a window broken on a bus. We never touched cars. There was more violence in Bradford & Featherstone to supporters from west of the Pennines. I spent a night in a hospital because of a visit to Fev.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yeah maybe Swinton would get a Stadium!

5 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was January 2013 when Dr Koukash took over.

The stadium had been in use for a year or two.

Wilkinson agreed to the stadium terms.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/fond-farewell-from-john-wilkinson-mr-1293316

It was amazing how the Labour government had a stadium built in overcrowded Stratford.London.without any problem.Not even a lesser-spotted Newt to delay things.

Helped West Ham FC and the local criminals.

Read the article, "The future is bright for Salford Rugby League under Marwan" hahahahahahahahahahaahahah

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

No, I disagree, there were no vandalised cars, that was a rumour put about by Castleford Supporters, who had a window broken on a bus. We never touched cars. There was more violence in Bradford & Featherstone to supporters from west of the Pennines. I spent a night in a hospital because of a visit to Fev.

I mean, incidents were more than just rumours. I certainly saw plenty of damaged cars on one trip (particularly those parked on the flyover on the M602) as I walked back to Weaste tram stop, where a fan was assaulted by a group of locals (although no indication that they were fans of the club) as a tram arrived. I also recall being on 'the other forum' at the time where such reports were common and where Salford fans even came onto the forums of visiting fans to advise on where to/not to park. So yeah, it was an issue. 

We can all come up with anecdotes, but it's wrong to say that Salford weren't minded to think that their location was an issue. 

3 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

I mean, incidents were more than just rumours. I certainly saw plenty of damaged cars on one trip (particularly those parked on the flyover on the M602) as I walked back to Weaste tram stop, where a fan was assaulted by a group of locals (although no indication that they were fans of the club) as a tram arrived. I also recall being on 'the other forum' at the time where such reports were common and where Salford fans even came onto the forums of visiting fans to advise on where to/not to park. So yeah, it was an issue. 

We can all come up with anecdotes, but it's wrong to say that Salford weren't minded to think that their location was an issue. 

That was BS, there is no evidence of it being RL related, I got beat up twice, in Halifax and Warrington.

Then you shouldn't park on the M602, it's a motorway, not a car park.

Edited by Bleep1673

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

That was BS, there is no evidence of it being RL related, I got beat up twice, in Halifax and Warrington.

What part is BS? The thing I saw happen? 

And I explicitly said that the assault was committed by people who didn't appear to have anything to do with RL, but you knew that and decided to ignore it anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Moor Lane next for the Pinks then? Even more inaccessible than Peel Green

Well should the worse case scenario happen and I think we have to assume and prepare for that,then yes Moor Lane is the ONLY option anywhere within the boundaries of Salford City Council.

BUT that stadium is not big enough for Super League. And as such it is my understanding that it is not Super League standard.

So what are the options for Salford then?

5 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

So what are the options for Salford then?

Swinton had to sell because of debts, Salford moved because of greed, now they are on their asses.

7 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Swinton had to sell because of debts, Salford moved because of greed, now they are on their asses.

You are right about Swinton,and I believe also that Station Road was refused a Safety Certificate.You only need to see their nomadic existence since then.And I am a Lions fan.

Salford yes perhaps to a point it was greed. And I think it is also fair to say they were stitched up.

And yes it is now biting them on their asses.

On 09/05/2021 at 00:13, The Frying Scotsman said:

Fair enough. I presume they are from Salford or thereabouts.

Most people I know would have no clue who Salford Red Devils are, or Salford Reds, or Salford City Reds. They certainly would have no idea about a "million pound game".

I think the situation is tragic. Salford were moving to their new stadium in a blaze of publicity. The stadium (below pictured in the MEN) never materialised and they ended up with 4 ikea-style stands. Still - a nice new stadium.

Then Sale appeared on the horizon.

Now, somehow.... Salford are looking like becoming tenants of a rugby union club, while Sale Sharks, who already own a top of the range training facility, and are not from Salford..... are now going to buy the stadium from what is effectively Salford City Council (partnered with a developer). 

Utterly tragic chain of events. I wish Salford all the best - the game (I firmly believe) needs a strong Salford team. They are one of very few city-based clubs we have at pro level, and without them we run the risk of filling the League with small towns who nobody has really heard of. 

C_71_article_1200312_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Not from Salford, couple from Liverpool another from Stoke, but all heard and took the time to watch highlights

4 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

The last time I went to The Willows, I drove and was approached by local scallies with the old ‘look after your car mister’? It was a heap of junk that was due to be scrapped anyway so I told em to do their worst. I was nonetheless relieved to find it in one piece after the game, I didn’t fancy walking home. 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, The Future is League said:

There is a lot of if, but's and maybe's in that story, more than a usual Sun story. Why would Salford City FC, move from Moor Lane, after all the money that has been spent on it, and just missing the play-offs, spend £4m on buying Gigg Lane, ditto Salford RLFC?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnoco said:

The last time I went to The Willows, I drove and was approached by local scallies with the old ‘look after your car mister’? It was a heap of junk that was due to be scrapped anyway so I told em to do their worst. I was nonetheless relieved to find it in one piece after the game, I didn’t fancy walking home. 

Probably because they didn't think it was worth nicking?

• Haha 1

The last time I went to The Willows was for the last game at the willows v Catalans, pretty good atmosphere that day.

17 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

glad you took the trouble to edit the post down to a specific question and then not bother to answer it but just to have another pop/laugh at at the club... 

17 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

That's not why SRD moved and rewriting history doesn't help anyone.

1 minute ago, RP London said:

glad you took the trouble to edit the post down to a specific question and then not bother to answer it but just to have another pop/laugh at at the club... 

The trouble is that's fairly common these days and even the back handed support contains stuff like that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Probably because they didn't think it was worth nicking?

Yes....the clue was in the bit about me not being bothered that they threatened to damage it.

• Like 2