Greg Ingliss for for 2 months with injury

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that hamstrings are an occupational problem for rugby league players, but Inglis (not Ingliss) may turn out to have been a very costly investment by Warrington, and one who provides a limited return.

21 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I know that hamstrings are an occupational problem for rugby league players, but Inglis (not Ingliss) may turn out to have been a very costly investment by Warrington, and one who provides a limited return.

Do you think the same about Matty Ashton?

48 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Didn’t you say he would tear Superleague defences apart & take Warrington to a premiership ?

10 hours ago, Southerner said:

Disaster signing so far.
His body seems shot to pieces. 

Probably and Warrington seem better balanced without him. He's not a loss because we've never had him(fit). 

21 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Inglis was always going to be a huge risk for Wire and I think it's fair to say that, so far, it hasn't come off.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he started to feel a bit homesick.

He will probably hang on till the end of the season just in case by accident Steve Price gets us to a final and give price one last chance to mess the selection up. 

25 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

The folly of signing a has been from the NRL and yes he is a has been.

The wages he is being paid would have been better spent on developing youth players

Why don’t you go and run a super league club, you obviously know how it’s done? Inglis if fit would still be top class in SL, and he isn’t on top whack in terms of salary either. 

41 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

The folly of signing a has been from the NRL and yes he is a has been.

The wages he is being paid would have been better spent on developing youth players

They do spend on youth, so its not they have took money from somewhere else in the budget. They also recoup quite a lot from sponsorship deals etc. 

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why don’t you go and run a super league club, you obviously know how it’s done? Inglis if fit would still be top class in SL, and he isn’t on top whack in terms of salary either. 

In his prime he was a world class player, but he hasn't been in his prime for many years. He retied for a reason, because his body could no longer cope with playing top class RL. To the back end of his NRL career he was picking up more & more injuries, and taking longer & longer to recover.

Like so many arrogant Aussies before him he came to SL thinking it was a step down and that he could cope with it, and like all the others before him he's found the game over here isn't. The players train just as hard and the physicality on the pitch takes just as much out of you.

He should have stayed retired and gone out on a high, now he'll largely be remembered for just being a money grabbing, overweight flop.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

In his prime he was a world class player, but he hasn't been in his prime for many years. He retied for a reason, because his body could no longer cope with playing top class RL. To the back end of his NRL career he was picking up more & more injuries, and taking longer & longer to recover.

Like so many arrogant Aussies before him he came to SL thinking it was a step down and that he could cope with it, and like all the others before him he's found the game over here isn't. The players train just as hard and the physicality on the pitch takes just as much out of you.

He should have stayed retired and gone out on a high, now he'll largely be remembered for just being a money grabbing, overweight flop.

I don’t think he is money grabbing, iirc he isn’t a marquee player and didn’t come here for big money. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think he is money grabbing, iirc he isn’t a marquee player and didn’t come here for big money. 

Is he playing for free then ?

Doubt it, so he'll still be taking a chunk of the SC while predictably spending large amounts of time on the treatment table instead of on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Is he playing for free then ?

Doubt it, so he'll still be taking a chunk of the SC while predictably spending large amounts of time on the treatment table instead of on the pitch.

So any sportsman who gets injured (in your opinion) is a money grabber? 

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So any sportsman who gets injured (in your opinion) is a money grabber? 

Just the previously retired (through injury), unfit, overweight Aussies coming to SL for a holiday 😉

54 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I think if Aussies are looking for the definitive of being ‘arrogant’ they would refer to you as an example.

51 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I would agree with your argument on a lot of Aussie signings - especially by Warrington - but it's the wrong call on this occasion.   He really isn't on that much - merchandise deals aside - and his attitude is top drawer.   He's openly admitted it will be very difficult, and I think the club also knew this but have weighed up the risks against the marketing opportunities his signing would create.   It's a shame it's not worked out, but it's certainly not down to arrogance or the club overpaying a past-it flop.

I personally doubt we'll see him again but it would be a nice if he could make a few cameos later in the season.   

22 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Just the previously retired (through injury), unfit, overweight Aussies coming to SL for a holiday 😉

He didn’t come for a holiday, as he said when he joined. And his retirement was partly due to serious MH issues which he has largely overcome, not all physical. But it’s easy to throw stones from the safety of an anonymous Internet forum. 

19 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

What's the judgement of Warrington management, and the fans who paid for replica jerseys.  He needed several extra weeks to get fit and now injured and then needs to get fit again.  When will he be available?  Good luck to him, he may do something special that end of the season, but it's unlikely.

But really, why was he given a 3 shirt and if so why selected as full back in his last game?

Is this a political  injury to phase him back to Australia?

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

now he'll largely be remembered for just being a money grabbing, overweight flop.

Nonsense . He’ll be remembered as one of the greatest players of all time . This will have zero bearing on that .  He came here when he could have stayed retired and I’m sure as a proud top level sportsman he wanted to make an impact . It’s unfortunate his body hasn’t been up to it so far but he deserves better than being rubbished 

Archived