Combined Nations All Stars Squad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Id be surprised if they can raise a team!

If it were me I would want to play for my club as its on the same weekend/day!

its a farce- our game is a total joke

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

I don't know about the rest of squad, but all the chat around Hull FC is that Satae, Sao and Connor are all in the squad.

Who else does Connor represent? Or are they allowing picking English players to play English players?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Who else does Connor represent? Or are they allowing picking English players to play English players?

It's called combined nations so I don't see why English players can't represent them.

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

There is a delay in announcing the final 17.

Pelé, Ossie Ardiles and Sylvester Stallone are awaiting visa clearance. Michael Caine is struggling with a hamstring injury after the Leigh v Hull game.

_89902099_team-rex2.jpg

Always thought John Walk would have been a good forward in RL.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

It's called combined nations so I don't see why English players can't represent them.

I didn’t realise they could pick English players also (Hastings issue aside). Actually think it’s a great idea, gives them a chance to prove a point!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I didn’t realise they could pick English players also (Hastings issue aside). Actually think it’s a great idea, gives them a chance to prove a point!

Might as well go back to Roses match if they're going to do that. At least it would be clear who to support!

I'm English, but I'm also part of the combined nations too I guess if that also includes England! And with numerous Hull players in one side and none in the other, I can see people's allegiance being easily shifted.

... Although, they're playing it same night as the Hull game so no one will watch it anyway!

17 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Might as well go back to Roses match if they're going to do that. At least it would be clear who to support!

I'm English, but I'm also part of the combined nations too I guess if that also includes England! And with numerous Hull players in one side and none in the other, I can see people's allegiance being easily shifted.

... Although, they're playing it same night as the Hull game so no one will watch it anyway!

Yeah fair point actually … maybe it’s better without the English in the All Stars*

(*note a rare moment on this forum where someone openly changes their mind in a debate 😂)

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

If an English player is good enough to play in this match then it should be for England otherwise the whole made up team to play at a higher intensity just becomes farcical

Maybe the said English player is better than the alternative from another country.

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Maybe the said English player is better than the alternative from another country.

In which case might as well pick all English players split them in 2 and have a game against each other, no roses nonesense just a trial game.

A hands up who wants to play for England, pick the best 34 and off we go.

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

In which case might as well pick all English players split them in 2 and have a game against each other, no roses nonesense just a trial game.

A hands up who wants to play for England, pick the best 34 and off we go.

Hardly an recent worth watching though other than just to watch rugby league. Sounds more like a training session than something people would pay to watch.

There needs to be some fan engagement at least.

When GB were last consistently successful against the Aussies Possible v Probable trial matches were part of the process (see the Dick Huddart  interview in today’s RL Express).

Using the All Star game in something of a similar fashion not a bad idea in my book.

They've named the squad, it's Jackson Hastings.

Sheens felt he didn't need anyone else when deciding who should play for the Combined Rest of the World Other Nationalities All Stars Invitational XIII, although I hear Blake Austin is an outside chance of either Wing, Fullback or Prop forward. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hardly an recent worth watching though other than just to watch rugby league. Sounds more like a training session than something people would pay to watch.

There needs to be some fan engagement at least.

Why?

The game isnt being put on for fan enjoyment, its being put on for Sean Wane to have a look at some players playing under pressure.

If they want fan interest we would be playing another nation, ideally away..

11 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I've seen it mentioned that Connor is eligible to play for Jamaica and he's been selected on those grounds.

7 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Why?

The game isnt being put on for fan enjoyment, its being put on for Sean Wane to have a look at some players playing under pressure.

If they want fan interest we would be playing another nation, ideally away..

They’re selling tickets, they’ve released a load of merchandise for both sides, they’ve (poorly) advertised and marketed the game to the people on The RFL’s database and they have been building the game up on Sky for a few weeks now. Of course fan interest is a part of this fixture. 

It’s just not very appetising and appealing for Rugby League fans. As was the case with the Exiles a few years ago but if you do the same thing again and again, maybe you’ll get different results. You probably won’t mind but that’s Rugby League. 

Archived