Jump to content

Thur 1st Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45


Who will win?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos
      22
    • Leigh Centurions
      11

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/21 at 19:15

Recommended Posts


How weak are the Leighthers? With a decent strength team they would have an ok chance against the Leeds squad - although that said the Leeds pack, one of the best in the league, is mostly intact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, M j M said:

How weak are the Leighthers? With a decent strength team they would have an ok chance against the Leeds squad - although that said the Leeds pack, one of the best in the league, is mostly intact.

Lost Reynolds to injury and might be losing Mellor at disciplinary , leaving us with no HBs , packwise hopefully more than one prop 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Lost Reynolds to injury and might be losing Mellor at disciplinary , leaving us with no HBs , packwise hopefully more than one prop 

Mellor didn't get a ban, so hopefully him and Wildie in the halves with Peats interchange 9. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mellor and Brierley at Half back surely.

Tierney can play FB.

Would fancy Leigh at the LSV, but still Leeds by 20 although Headingley was always one of my favourite playing surfaces to play on. Depends if Leigh have some self belief or not !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Watching the England V Germany game, saw a man wearing a Leigh shirt on TV.... could be a sign, Leigh to win?

That depends. Was he an English or German supporter? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Mellor and Brierley at Half back surely.

Tierney can play FB.

Would fancy Leigh at the LSV, but still Leeds by 20 although Headingley was always one of my favourite playing surfaces to play on. Depends if Leigh have some self belief or not !

I'd rather us keep Brierley at FB and Tierney on the wing(if fit) than shuffle multiple players around.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Mellor and Brierley at Half back surely.

Tierney can play FB.

Would fancy Leigh at the LSV, but still Leeds by 20 although Headingley was always one of my favourite playing surfaces to play on. Depends if Leigh have some self belief or not !

No leave Brierley at Full Back, I was one of the big doubters about him playing FB but he has probably been the highlight of the season so far, who thought he would make all those last ditch try saving tackles he has pulled of and even ran Reagan Grace down when in space, as for Tierney at FB I doubt he has tfe nounce to join the offensive line properly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No leave Brierley at Full Back, I was one of the big doubters about him playing FB but he has probably been the highlight of the season so far, who thought he would make all those last ditch try saving tackles he has pulled of and even ran Reagan Grace down when in space, as for Tierney at FB I doubt he has tfe nounce to join the offensive line properly.

Brierley to 6, Tierney/Mullen to 1. Wildies lack of pace would get exposed at 6, alternately Peats to 7 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leythers MJ, 

Yeah I knew it didn't look right when I posted it 😳

As for this game it depends how the teams cope with lack of players. Focussing on Leeds, they look set to have a new half back partnership again - and if Rob Lui plays it will be the first time this year so hard to expect much from him. Leeds haven't won without Gale all year which is not coincidence.

A lot for Leeds also depends on how knackered Oledzki and Prior are in their third game in 6 days. In the named team they are the key pack players.

I'd be very disappointed if Leeds lost this - but also wouldn't be at all surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have been struggling for Middles but it looks like we might have 4 playing which is a huge leap from the single one we have had for a number of weeks. Might get a decent game out of Peteru with being ex Leeds, for a big man he really doesn’t like the physical stuff so far

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...