2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

As things stand, Magic Weekend no longer has a title sponsor and the England kit has no sponsor. 

I guarantee the RFL/SLE haven't told Dacia they no longer want them involved. 

Were they getting a good deal from Dacia then? Or was it just a handul of Sandero's on loan for staff to rattle around in?

Just now, Whippet13 said:

Were they getting a good deal from Dacia then? Or was it just a handul of Sandero's on loan for staff to rattle around in?

That's irrelevant. The RFL may have declined any offer that Dacia made for a new deal, but they will certainly have wanted a deal. If they didn't, it is incompetence. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed! Not sure why, was a tweet advertising an upcoming "Retro Rhinos" range

They probably haven't got the discount code working.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed! Not sure why, was a tweet advertising an upcoming "Retro Rhinos" range

I think this might actually be an Ellgren item/ range. There was a tweet a few months ago with an image of the 94-95 Leeds jersey. 

On 22/03/2022 at 15:35, philipw said:

I think this might actually be an Ellgren item/ range. There was a tweet a few months ago with an image of the 94-95 Leeds jersey. 

Nah its definitely EPS/Oxen. They did 4 really ###### quality retro ones last year(?). 

They are also doing the same for their other customers it seems:

40 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Nah its definitely EPS/Oxen. They did 4 really ###### quality retro ones last year(?). 

They are also doing the same for their other customers it seems:

Ellgren tweeted this a few months ago

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So Leeds, well, Oxen released 5 - yes 5 retro shirts today - so that is now 8 shirts they've released this year, and the retro shirts look absolutely horrendously cheap, like those knock off football shirts you see in cheap souvenir shops.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The bottom two are passable but the top 3 are dreadful

I might have missed it being released in the past but surely a replica of the ‘99 Cup Final winning shirt, Leeds’ first Cup win in 21 years, would evoke more memories and sentiment than two shirts they wore in a season where they finished 5th? 

40 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I hate what EPS/Oxen/Rhinos are doing here - it's shameless. Flog flog flog. I hope fans vote with their wallets on this latest 'range' and don't open them. 

I do understand that some of them are rubbish, but is there such an issue with these shirts being on sale to customers? 

They'll either buy them or they won't. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I do understand that some of them are rubbish, but is there such an issue with these shirts being on sale to customers? 

I've got no real issue with the club bringing out products to sell (although there is a question about whether this sort of stuff devalues the brand - and particularly if it's constantly at a discount). 

But it does seem that the club shop is disproportionately full of this sort of tat, with relatively little on offer for people who are happy to pay for a bit of quality. 

I still wear the shirt I bought in the Leeds Rhinos Superdry range that the club launched some years back. It wasn't a cheap range by any means, but it was brilliant - quality stuff, nice to wear day to day and it looks good. It would be nice if the club, EPS and Oxen learnt from that and better catered for people who don't want to walk around in something you'd expect to see hanging outside beach-front souvenir shop in Magaluf. 

Edited by whatmichaelsays
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

So Leeds, well, Oxen released 5 - yes 5 retro shirts today - so that is now 8 shirts they've released this year, and the retro shirts look absolutely horrendously cheap, like those knock off football shirts you see in cheap souvenir shops.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The top 3 just don't look right. Probably thanks to the lack of sponsors/manufacturers logo due to rights.

43 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, unfortunately there is an issue if fans don't buy them. The surplus will probably end up in landfill and stay there for the next 1,000 years.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

It's a combination of the poor quality, current cost of living situation and the blatant money spinner tactics/marketing technique around it all for me. 

I get that nobody has to buy it but for me all of the above is devaluing brand Rhinos.