2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Love the home shirt, and agree with others that the away would be much better without Conwy Castle. I thought alcohol sponsorship was banned, maybe that’s just England though. 

I'm going to go against the grain. I like the castle on it!

• Like 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Proud Salfordians? I hope we're going down the MLS route of nonsense write-ups to explain designs on kits.

Here's Cas...

L7ReixXHdRAt3gOjgO5V.jpg

Dear God,who designs this rubbish & more worryingly who from Salford & Cas passed off on the designs.

On the Cas one, it’s to acknowledge the clubs history. I’m not a Cas fan but I have a few questions;

1. Why orange and black? For the most part of the clubs history it’s been amber and black. Black and orange has been Cas’ adopted colours for maybe ten years out of 125+ years. 

2. Are they clouds?

3. Is that a cartoon tiger playing rugby in the sky?

4. Where’s the acknowledgment to the clubs history?

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

On the Cas one, it’s to acknowledge the clubs history. I’m not a Cas fan but I have a few questions;

1. Why orange and black? For the most part of the clubs history it’s been amber and black. Black and orange has been Cas’ adopted colours for maybe ten years out of 125+ years. 

2. Are they clouds?

3. Is that a cartoon tiger playing rugby in the sky?

4. Where’s the acknowledgment to the clubs history?

*founded 1926

These shirts are going to have a very limited sales window, so they are only really ever going to be a sublimated print on an existing shirt template.

This type of approach, while not particularly attractive from an aesthetic point of view, is obviously done with minimal risk in mind.

I'd be surprised if they shifted more than 1000 of either of these jerseys.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I really do not get who they see that being sold to.

Are there many fans of clubs who buy three shirts a season. I haven’t bought one for years, because they’re very expensive, and the quality is shocking with the cheap polyester/nylon stuff. If my club made one of cotton then i might be tempted. 

30 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

These shirts are going to have a very limited sales window, so they are only really ever going to be a sublimated print on an existing shirt template.

This type of approach, while not particularly attractive from an aesthetic point of view, is obviously done with minimal risk in mind.

I'd be surprised if they shifted more than 1000 of either of these jerseys.

Saints did a limited run on the Magic Weekend shirt last year where “once it was gone, it was gone”. I can’t see that either club appear to have done that here and I do wonder if creating that scarcity helps, though Saints’ was much better aesthetically than these two (so I wonder if scarcity would even affect sales of these anyway). 

35 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Are there many fans of clubs who buy three shirts a season. I haven’t bought one for years, because they’re very expensive, and the quality is shocking with the cheap polyester/nylon stuff. If my club made one of cotton then i might be tempted. 

I think 2 is probably the limit for most fans if they like the kits. Over the spacing of a season and the release schedule you often cover Christmas and birthdays quite easily, and sales too. They're often easy presents for men.

I'm at a stage where I'll only get a shirt if I really like it or it is on sale and that makes me like it more. As you say the cotton (version) shirts are often a bit more premium.

3 kits make sense to me as the absolute most a team would want on sale at any point; hoping they are different enough to cover all tastes. Any more than that seems like overkill.

6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I really do not get who they see that being sold to.

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Salford with the first awful magic round kit of the year.

F2FDCD0B-12E5-429E-B7E5-BC1A9C2CA720.jpeg

Funnily enough I saw a lot of positive comments about this on social media. I was surprised when I then saw the actual shirt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Funnily enough I saw a lot of positive comments about this on social media. I was surprised when I then saw the actual shirt. 

A blue and white shirt would look nice, but this is just naff imo. Its one of those designs that is dated.

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Those most likely to post on social media about this shirt are probably the same people who will sharply correct you if you claim that Salford is in Manchester. 

So something that over eggs its "Salfordism" with a sketch of the Quays is going to win those sort of supporters over.

Personally I have bought just one. That beehive gold version apres the MEN Arena explosion, which transcended  any polyester doubts on my part.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Christ.

If they're happy with it then good but that is one ugly mother.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)