Jump to content

2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers


Recommended Posts

I honestly have never seen a worse brand than oxen and that is not hyperbole. The cut of the shirts are completely wrong. I've never known any brand that can't get a t-shirt template right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Their RU stuff is also pretty good too.

Seems to me that the guys behind EPS have been involved in RL for a while/are well connected in the game, hence them getting the gig. An all too common story in Rugby League.

Sorry I just can't believe that. Its not just bad design its the whole template/cut that is wrong and the material is Spanish Market quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Sorry I just can't believe that. Its not just bad design its the whole template/cut that is wrong and the material is Spanish Market quality.

I think Tommy meant the Umbro RU stuff - not any Oxen RU stuff.

  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Sorry I just can't believe that. Its not just bad design its the whole template/cut that is wrong and the material is Spanish Market quality.

The Umbro RU stuff is good.

The EPS guys I believe held the UK ISC and Xblades licenses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

Agreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

Trinity have in the past, this was a design competition on twitter, I think, pre covid, the pattern is very much south sea Islander and is homage to the Trinity imports from that region past and present (hence why Arona, Lino and Tanginoa are facing it up of the current players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/03/2022 at 17:04, Chrispmartha said:

Wtf has Cyan and Black got to with England?

 

oxen really are shameless they should be no where near anything to do with the National side

It seems Cyan and Black is the flavour of the month where RL is concerned? I'm sure there's 3 or 4 clubs including my own, already using these colours as 'alternative' colours.

Very meh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Trinity have in the past, this was a design competition on twitter, I think, pre covid, the pattern is very much south sea Islander and is homage to the Trinity imports from that region past and present (hence why Arona, Lino and Tanginoa are facing it up of the current players. 

That’s fair enough but it doesn’t cry out Wakefield Trinity which surely it should on such a bit stage with the far greater exposure it brings,just my opinion of course and as a kit it’s far from the worst I’ve seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Giants official shop has closed, only online orders of a very sparse range, mainly in black or purple via PlayerLayer were available but they soon sold out on their minimal stock, haven't cleared quite a few orders since December and have had lots of furious customers not received their orders or any communication.

It appears that PlayerLayer had stock issues with their overseas suppliers and weren't actually able to get their hands on any stock to sell, but they failed to the communicate this information to the Giants, who were unaware that their supporters were buying stock that didn't exist.

It now appears that PlayerLayer went bust or were taken over recently, so who knows what's happening, but Giants currently have zero merchandise for sale!

 

Edit; some tacky stuff in grey and black available here http://www.bigdog-giants.com

Edited by meast
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, meast said:

The Giants official shop has closed, only online orders of a very sparse range, mainly in black or purple via PlayerLayer were available but they soon sold out on their minimal stock, haven't cleared quite a few orders since December and have had lots of furious customers not received their orders or any communication.

It appears that PlayerLayer had stock issues with their overseas suppliers and weren't actually able to get their hands on any stock to sell, but they failed to the communicate this information to the Giants, who were unaware that their supporters were buying stock that didn't exist.

It now appears that PlayerLayer went bust or where taken over recently, so who knows what's happening, but Giants currently have zero merchandise for sale!

Jeez that’s shocking on every level,there are NCL clubs with better merchandising departments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats surprising from PlayerLayer, as I thought they were one of the small sports brands that actually had a good approach to product.

That scenario does sound completely amateurish.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

I’ve always said magic should really be the retro round. Would give teams the opportunity to rerelease some classic designs from the past. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’ve always said magic should really be the retro round. Would give teams the opportunity to rerelease some classic designs from the past. 

Please don’t give oxen any more excuse to release retro tat!

i do agree in principle though, 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Please don’t give oxen any more excuse to release retro tat!

i do agree in principle though, 

If Oxen supplied teams released the kits a fortnight before magic you’d be able to get one at half price beforehand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

I bought a full length bench coat from that range.

WTF was I thinking? I was a teenager

Edited by Scubby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I bought a full length bench coat from that range.

WTF was I thinking? I was a teenager

The prices are good nowadays. Might speculatively fill out the form and see what happens. 

  • Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

100% this 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

FPU5MJwXwAAd-1I?format=jpg&name=large

Pretty awful  imo . Good job the badge is there so i know its Wakey . I agree with the comments about retro / heritage strips

Edited by DavidM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...