2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I do remember, Chris - I very much agreed. Rhinos and England should've stayed well clear. 

Do you or anyone have any insight into how these kit manufacturer deals work? Does the club get a percentage of all shirt sales and/or some kind of initial payment? Or do the club pay Oxen/Elite Pro Sports based on certain KPIs? 

Oxen/EPS took over Leeds' sales for 10 years under license. As I understand they pay Leeds X each year for the privilege and Leeds don't need to organise the club shop/retail.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Oxen/EPS took over Leeds' sales for 10 years under license. As I understand they pay Leeds X each year for the privilege and Leeds don't need to organise the club shop/retail.

Cheers Tommy - so that 'X' is a set amount you feel or dependent on how Oxen get on with sales? Just concerning to me that Leeds appear to have such a lack of control over this and if you, like I, have read the comments after today's 'launch' and the constant flogging of various new 'ranges' - fans are feeling quite frustrated. It never felt like this a few years ago. 

5 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Cheers Tommy - so that 'X' is a set amount you feel or dependent on how Oxen get on with sales? Just concerning to me that Leeds appear to have such a lack of control over this and if you, like I, have read the comments after today's 'launch' and the constant flogging of various new 'ranges' - fans are feeling quite frustrated. It never felt like this a few years ago. 

I don't know tbh. Being kind to Leeds I'd assume there would be a base figure and then a % above that dependent on sales maybe - although even Man United don't get that % above with Adidas so who knows

Whilst Leeds have handed away a lot of control, they have also handed away a lot of risk too. The concern is that the brand is cheapened and the culture becomes "wait for a sale" in the meantime. Does anybody pay £50.00 for these shirts anymore? 

• Like 1

The Oxen template is very much 'add a pattern'. Theres no real design involved at all. It's a lazy approach for a sports brand IMO, but It is a very cost effective way of doing things. And obvs works for Oxen currently.

And thats not to say other bigger sports brands don't do something similar, but it is generally to be able to provide a solution for the less profitable sports clubs.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

56 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think it would look very nice with a bit less pink and a bit more blue/black. I have every one of the 3 previous pink kits and they were much better balanced.

The reasoning just sounds ridiculous and smacks of where the club is commercially at the moment when looking at "normal" fans. Stack it high and they'll lap it up.

Ironically, this is still better than the grey away shirt we've got!!!

And ironically we haven’t actually worn the away shirt yet, it would also have clashed with Wakefields home shirt

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't know tbh. Being kind to Leeds I'd assume there would be a base figure and then a % above that dependent on sales maybe - although even Man United don't get that % above with Adidas so who knows

Whilst Leeds have handed away a lot of control, they have also handed away a lot of risk too. The concern is that the brand is cheapened and the culture becomes "wait for a sale" in the meantime. Does anybody pay £50.00 for these shirts anymore? 

Id gladly pay for a player’s edition shirt, if they don’t end up selling them as they usually do it wol be the first time in over 20 years I haven’t bought a shirt

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And ironically we haven’t actually worn the away shirt yet, it would also have clashed with Wakefields home shirt

The home shirt would have been absolutely fine tonight. 

I really do not like the away shirt. Its very meh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Like the black kit,the white would have been good too if it didn’t have the silly castle drawing on it.

Conwy Castle - might be a 'silly castle' to you but it's North Wales Landmark so pretty relevant to the clubs geographical location and the regional idenity of the supporters  😟

Suppose you think Liverpool FC kits look ok but they'd look better if they ditched that stupid bird ....

Edited by Rach

4 minutes ago, Rach said:

Conwy Castle - might be a 'silly castle' to you but it's North Wales Landmark so pretty relevant to the clubs geographical location and its supporters  😟

We’ll put it on the clubs badge,media & advertising material,just don’t ruin a kit with it.

8 minutes ago, Rach said:

Conwy Castle - might be a 'silly castle' to you but it's North Wales Landmark so pretty relevant to the clubs geographical location and the regional idenity of the supporters  😟

Suppose you think Liverpool FC kits look ok but they'd look better if they ditched that stupid bird ....

I don't want to speak for @Davo5 but I suspect it's not the castle that's silly, it's the aesthetic crime of trying to incorporate it into a playing kit. It looks awful and a mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rach said:

I would if they played in a kit like this... 

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Like the black kit,the white would have been good too if it didn’t have the silly castle drawing on it.

Where Hastings lead, other follow ...

https://www.kitlocker.com/hastingsunited/replica-match-kits/nike-park-vii-dri-fit-short-sleeve-shirt-yhfze-p

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I like the black shirt, traditional, simple and smart. I think the majority of games will be played in this shirt, as colour clashes with black will be rare. Last year's second choice was pink, and we only played in it once, away at London Skolars.

I've never been a "white shirt person", but will probably buy this one for the novelty value, which is probably the whole point of this design, and the club's way of acknowledging Conwy Borough Council's support.

• Like 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

10 hours ago, Rach said:

OK.... Looks horrendous on a shirt though, like Davo said. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rach said:

Cru - simple and effective - as normal 😀

May be an image of textMay be an image of text

Love the home shirt, and agree with others that the away would be much better without Conwy Castle. I thought alcohol sponsorship was banned, maybe that’s just England though. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I thought alcohol sponsorship was banned, maybe that’s just England though. 

No, but everyone pretty much acts as if it is.

(And I thought it had been, but this question was asked a couple of years ago and it seems that it's not, it's just the rules on promotion etc make it not really worth it for the drinks companies)

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)