2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, RP London said:

Cheers mate just having a good look now, so far been all extreme sizes.. but will keep looking

I’ve ordered the third shirt at lunchtime as it was only £14.40, though can see there aren’t any L’s left now (just S and 5XL). Another thing to be left in a drawer and thrown away when I die. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Not as good as our previous 3 pink designs sadly. They were stylish, this is garish.

Hopefully it looks better in person.

Yeah I thought that, obviously trying to cash in on the past popularity of the pink jersey's but they look completely different and more tacky. May still be popular though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M j M said:

1920-x-1080.png

Truly awful effort and a quite appalling statement attached to it on Rhinos website. 

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/03/03/rhinos-launch-distinctive-new-look-third-kit/

Essentially reads 'look we made a bit of balls up by having a fair bit of blue in our away kit and we're here to sell shirts so this was win win.' 

Having had a look through all other SL teams kits i'm absolutely baffled which 'kit clash', on TV or otherwise, would've ever caused a problem for the Rhinos?? Warrington away would probably have been the closest, but even then that is a stretch. 

Oxen have been known to just throw as much training/leisure out as they can - that now seemingly applies to kits. 4th Kit in 4 months with a 5th for Magic no doubt getting drawn up on a fag packet as we speak. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Truly awful effort and a quite appalling statement attached to it on Rhinos website. 

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/03/03/rhinos-launch-distinctive-new-look-third-kit/

Essentially reads 'look we made a bit of balls up by having a fair bit of blue in our away kit and we're here to sell shirts so this was win win.' 

Having had a look through all other SL teams kits i'm absolutely baffled which 'kit clash', on TV or otherwise, would've ever caused a problem for the Rhinos?? Warrington away would probably have been the closest, but even then that is a stretch. 

Oxen have been known to just throw as much training/leisure out as they can - that now seemingly applies to kits. 4th Kit in 4 months with a 5th for Magic no doubt getting drawn up on a fag packet as we speak. 

Yep, really weird one, but then if anyones read my thoughts on Oxen on here they’d know I think they’re dire and I wish we had have gone with a much better supplier. 

So to go along with the Pink kit that isn’t needed, we’ve got a whole new range of training gear that’s not needed, which I’m sure will be on sale within a week or so.

Really wish the club had gone with someone like Hummel both their kits snd training gear look a class or 5 above Oxen’s rubbish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yep, really weird one, but then if anyones read my thoughts on Oxen on here they’d know I think they’re dire and I wish we had have gone with a much better supplier. 

So to go along with the Pink kit that isn’t needed, we’ve got a whole new range of training gear that’s not needed, which I’m sure will be on sale within a week or so.

Really wish the club had gone with someone like Hummel both their kits snd training gear look a class or 5 above Oxen’s rubbish.

I do remember, Chris - I very much agreed. Rhinos and England should've stayed well clear. 

Do you or anyone have any insight into how these kit manufacturer deals work? Does the club get a percentage of all shirt sales and/or some kind of initial payment from them? Or do the club pay Oxen/Elite Pro Sports based on certain KPIs? 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

5 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

Yeah I thought that, obviously trying to cash in on the past popularity of the pink jersey's but they look completely different and more tacky. May still be popular though.

I think it would look very nice with a bit less pink and a bit more blue/black. I have every one of the 3 previous pink kits and they were much better balanced.

The reasoning just sounds ridiculous and smacks of where the club is commercially at the moment when looking at "normal" fans. Stack it high and they'll lap it up.

Ironically, this is still better than the grey away shirt we've got!!!