Sun 10 Oct: MPG: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points or more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 17:30

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He sent it off weeks ago and it's now 'lost' in the system. There was a similar story a couple of weeks ago about one of GB's Down Syndrome junior swimming team members who was going to miss out on a trip to Italy. 

Currently about a four week turnaround, so long as you have filled in all of the forms correctly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Look at this positively, his absence creates the opportunity for someone to step up, many times the unexpected replacement has given everything to prove his worth and walked off being one of the best player's on the field.

Hoping it's Dale Ferguson. Just the kind of mongrel you need in a game like this.

14 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Are you shouting for Toulouse Tomorrow.If we get into SL Dewsbury gates will be down next season.

My perspective of RL is less parochial than that SOA.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Hoping it's Dale Ferguson. Just the kind of mongrel you need in a game like this.

Swan song?

55 minutes ago, Mark S said:

So it’s a choice between a team that represent a population of 500K, and increased commercial potential, or a team that represents a set of traffic lights, a Lidl and a row of shops.

It does have a train station tbf

9 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Haha loving it, cmon Fev! 

If you are that desperate for the big time, do the commercially sensible things and merge with Cas and Wakefield. Create a club with a large Suppprt base and take it from there.

Can we, er, y'know, stick to discussing the actual upcoming game between Toulouse and Featherstone in here please, this being a match discussion thread.

I know it doesn't kick off till late, and everyone's excited, but all that other stuff has been argued over endlessly elsewhere, let's keep this one about the on field stuff, just for once.

Ta.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And half a million or 15,0000............... the one with the best RL team on the day will be playing in SL next term and that's the way it should be, earned on the field.

Yes whether you agree, disagree, want to moan or celebrate, Toulouse can do it on the field here today if they are good enough. 

It is Fev's job to spoil the party and I think they will have a bloody good go at doing it too.

On 09/10/2021 at 09:32, lingaro said:

and how many will of paid to get in?

Even if only 20% of the gate have paid, it’ll still be more than the number of Fev fans that bothered to turn up in the alleged “heartlands” last week 🙄

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 08/10/2021 at 08:28, Dave T said:

Away fans are important as part of the match day experience for me, the atmosphere at a Wire v Salford game is far better than a Wire v Catalans game, even when the latter has a bigger crowd. We shouldn't see that as a negative. 

Is it really though? For me watching 500 Salford fans rattle around Wire’s large end terrace, when it’s only 30 mins from their houses, is far more depressing than the understandable lack of French supporters on a Friday night 

I think the value of away fans is massively over-stated. Financially the numbers, once or twice per year, are a rounding error really. And regardless, they’re rarely as many as people think: I remember when we (KR) first got promoted, people used our unroofed temporary stand (or the comedy South terrace) as an excuse for why not many turned up… since we built the all-mod-cons North stand, half of which was for away supporters, I can’t remember a single match when that section has been anywhere near full. And it ain’t that big! Even for FC games

I’ll readily take Toulouse with 10 travelling fans but all the other strategic value, over 250 people - at most -  in our North West corner from Featherstone 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

9 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

Closer to 90%…..

I don’t doubt it. Toulouse is a rugby city, has jumped through every hoop we’ve asked it to, and deserves it shot. I just hope they don’t blow it: Fev are a really good side at this level, even if the last thing we need is another pit village with at best 3,000 home fans

Archived