Elite 1 is back this weekend

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

Is this streaming smoothly for anyone else? It's really jerky for me.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Same for me.

More sorting through the loft has turned up a load of old copies of "Treize" magazine. I suspect the AS Carcassonne players might not want to be reminded of this crime against fashion.

IMG_20211030_172803164.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm out; I can't watch this. Hoping for better streams tomorrow.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's not a good watch at all, gonna give it a miss. 

On the positive side, that's the second time I've seen Dimitri Biscarro play and I think he has a lot of potential. If I were Toulouse I'd take a look at him, he could go well in a full time environment 

Edited by The Daddy
  • Thanks 1

The Aude sides winning all 6 games in the opening 2 weeks. Impressive recruitment all round. Limoux with Robin and Ader both French internationals and experence with TO in the Championship. Lezignan extraordinaire with Maloney, Baitieri, Belmas and Inu in tow. Carcassonne with Boyer interntaional prop also from TO adding to an already strong pack of forwards.

Can't remember when all three sides have been so strong at the same time. The Aude is kind of in the middle of the dog leg between Toulouse and Perpignan geographically. Like a French M62 sort of with Avignon, Albi,Villeneuve and St Gaudens out on the periphery.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

The demise of Palau demands another Catalan side to take it’s place in Elite1 and it’s looking like as the resurgent Pia club. Already this season in Elite 2 they are leading the way undefeated in 4 games and racking up nearly 200 points already. Led now by two former Dragons reserves of note in Thomas Ambert and Ugo Perez who had senior status at St Esteve amongst the teenagers these last two years.

Pia has a population of 9000 similar to that of Limoux and Lezignan Recently they have spread their wings linking up with two junior clubs in the Salanque area north of the town. Salses will be Pia’s reserve team while St Laurent will act like wise to Salses.

Pia earlier had carried the name of Pia Salanque Mediterranean taking in the whole area north of Perpignan up to Aude border covering a population of 25,000. Their ground has been refurbished in recent times and would be one of the best in Elite 1. Pia played six Elite 1 championship finals between 2006 and 2013 winning three before cut by the Federation. There return could not come at a better time. St Esteve would benefit from that hugely too.

ecole-de-rugby-pia-panoarmique-christophe-vidal-324x160.jpg.fcd546d7213dc61f9ce0a46539c9a46f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

4 hours ago, oiseau said:

Hi again Gordon, hope you are well.

I watched the ASC v Albi game on the computer, the crowd looked quite small ?

The two sides looked well matched.

Peter - was a feisty affair for sure. I think Albi will do well this season. Full back decent player and Fabre back at last after a long time out injured was excellent. TO Elite looking better too- like their full back Laguerre and wing Depeyre

1 hour ago, audois said:

Peter - was a feisty affair for sure. I think Albi will do well this season. Full back decent player and Fabre back at last after a long time out injured was excellent. TO Elite looking better too- like their full back Laguerre and wing Depeyre

The Albi v TO game was entertaining with a good crowd too. FB Cance is a tidy player but the mom was Brad Wall with Fabre close by.

Laguerre looks ok but did look vulnerable with the high ball.

On 06/11/2021 at 08:54, barnyia said:

Lézignan v Carcassonne, Sunday on via Occitanie TV 

First games for baitieri and inu.

Canaris pack looking formidable. The first of 6 Aude derbys this season. Shoud be a belter to start it off.

https://viaoccitanie.tv/direct-tv/     Covering the game

Interesting too that this Toulouse station now is listed daily in La Depeche/ L'Independant along with all national TV programmes

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

At Federale level today, congratulations to Clairac on notching up 60 points on their visit to Nantes.

Congratulations to Nantes on winning by four points!

I wonder if maybe both teams were short of players so that there were plenty of open spaces.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

At Federale level today, congratulations to Clairac on notching up 60 points on their visit to Nantes.

I wonder if maybe both teams were short of players so that there were plenty of open spaces.

It was 9-aside.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, audois said:

Canaris pack looking formidable. The first of 6 Aude derbys this season. Shoud be a belter to start it off.

https://viaoccitanie.tv/direct-tv/     Covering the game

Interesting too that this Toulouse station now is listed daily in La Depeche along with all national TV programmes

Kick off 2pm UK time for Lezignan v Carcassonne

Edited by Whippet13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Kick off 2pm UK time for Lezignan v Carcassonne

Will be on the air 5 minute or so from KO. Commentators Pierre Verges, Elisa Ciria and Jessika Guehaseim courtesy of the French Federation

Interesting visitors swich two centres into their starting back row from last week - Albert and Bitigri. FCL have Biaitiri and Inu on the bench with Maria starting. Six former Dragons in home side  line up.

Edited by audois

56 minutes ago, audois said:

Will be on the air 5 minute or so from KO. Commentateurs Pierre Verges, Elisa Ciria and Jessika Guehaseim courtesy of the French Federation

Great off to the pub for a quick lunch then back for the second half:)

Great guy Pierre Verges I hadn't seen him for around 10 years and then we ended up pretty much sitting next to each other at the SLGF the other week.

Paul

16 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Do Clairac whine about having to travel all the way to Nantes, and expect their travel costs to be paid for them? 

• Like 1

A penalty and an unconverted try put Lezignan ahead at the quarter-hour mark.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson