Bulldogs v Panthers

Batley Bob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2022 at 20:52, Piggy's mate said:

Getting giddy! Enjoy playing the so called bigger teams, it cheers me up when we beat em. Fax look ro have strengthend, so could be just in their favour, but we need a strong start and send a message

Dogs 26 Fax 22

Good luck for today.

I thought today we were lucky to be less than 10 behind in the first some strange calls went against us but we showed some character on the hooter and the 2nd half we played our game plan to a tee fax struggled when we got a roll on… I thought when brown was sin binned we’d lost it but we dug in and came away with the result in a tough battle

lucas Walshaw was brilliant today he stood out with young Collinson and Wardy 

the halves were decent too meadows will get better 

How good was that! When your 16 - 0 down and the ref is handing down daft decisions one way you're thinking, well I thought it might be tough with the brass Fax have spent, but wham! Good old JC put us back on it and second half only one team in it. Could have been 40 😁

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What a fantastic result

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Well done Batley super performance 

Like I said before the season started

Simon Grix is the coach under most pressure this season because of the arsenal he has in his armoury at his disposal 

Not a good start for Fax👊👊

But great start for Batley 👏👏

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I heard the half time draw tickets sold out which is brilliant and all Tiff's family were invited to the game which is a really nice gesture and hopefully a good chunk of money were raised. Well done Batley.

Hope you enjoyed the game. Some good rugby ( offensively and defensely) by both teams. Thought on the whole the better side won. Good luck for rest of season, some tough games ahead for both dogs and fax. 

On a different topic slightly...Woodman bus is full next Sunday, anyone likely to be going under their own steam with a spare seat, fuelshare of course! Message me ta.

Brilliant game of rugby by two good sides. Always thought we were in it, even when ref seemed to make some shocking calls against us  for about 20 mins in 1st half. A win is a win , but the manner in the way we did it was pleasing on the eye. Nice to see supporters being vocal today.  Great win.

21 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Hope leakys OK. Dint look too good at end of game. Thought he took a face punch, and looked concussed.  Anyone hear the attendance?

I thought the same regarding Leaky, his legs looked to have gone when he left the field. However, I  heard him on radio Leeds being interviewed after the game and he sounded okay. From what Linners said, we have 3 out next week due to concussion protocols.  Leak is one of them sadly.

5 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I thought the same regarding Leaky, his legs looked to have gone when he left the field. However, I  heard him on radio Leeds being interviewed after the game and he sounded okay. From what Linners said, we have 3 out due next week due to concussion protocols.  Leak is one of them sadly.

Leak, Meadows and Hodson.

Today was one of my favourite recent wins. Lots of fight and bottle shown against a confident and well-fancied team. Contrary to some comments at the ground, despite going 16-0 down, our defence wasn't too bad as we did an awful lot of defending our own line.

Of the debutants, Whiteley grew into the game and took his try really well, Hodson looked solid (despite his orange boots, only outdone by Senior's pink ones) and Meadow's looked promising, especially when attacking the line. I liked him at stand-off and White at LF, lots of options. Louis Collinson also showed up well.

Hopefully wecan build on this next week despite the absentees.

11 hours ago, phildog said:

On a different topic slightly...Woodman bus is full next Sunday, anyone likely to be going under their own steam with a spare seat, fuelshare of course! Message me ta.

Wait and see about the woodman rumour is they are trying to get a bigger coach keep an eye out on information 

10 hours ago, distantdog said:

Today was one of my favourite recent wins. Lots of fight and bottle shown against a confident and well-fancied team. Contrary to some comments at the ground, despite going 16-0 down, our defence wasn't too bad as we did an awful lot of defending our own line.

Of the debutants, Whiteley grew into the game and took his try really well, Hodson looked solid (despite his orange boots, only outdone by Senior's pink ones) and Meadow's looked promising, especially when attacking the line. I liked him at stand-off and White at LF, lots of options. Louis Collinson also showed up well.

Hopefully wecan build on this next week despite the absentees.

I think lingard has found a talent in Collinson - he grew into the game more and more 

1800 or just about there crowd wise hopefully more people from batley keep coming and coming i’m sure all the fans getting behind the lads helps massively 

Archived