Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There is certainly an advantage to being in the places where things are happening. One of the major problems RL in the UK has in my opinion is that we aren't strong enough in culturally influential places.

I've often said that one of the problems RL has had is that it isn't trendy. It is largely played in unfashionable towns in an unfashionable part of the country by unfashionable people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Yes, very good crowd at Wigan given the weather. Worcester v Bristol was on BT, one would normally expect around 9,000 but I would be surprised if there was more than 4/5, 000 last night.

I had to reread this, I thought for a second you were suggesting that Worcester vs Bristol was going to reduce the Wigan crowd!

16 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I've often said that one of the problems RL has had is that it isn't trendy. It is largely played in unfashionable towns in an unfashionable part of the country by unfashionable people. 

It is a major problem the sport suffers from, and it doesn't have the financial connections that RU or Cricket has to overcome that.

46 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Take it cross code if you want pal, not on this thread.

You, not I, made it cross code by talking about the "biggest rugby club" instead of the "biggest rugby league club in Britain". Or do you think that rugby union isn't rugby? Again, not looking for an argument just looking for plain talking. Fact is that I would welcome great crowds at your ground and want to see progress across the board with attendances at League matches, particularly in the high population areasv with greater potential.

Edited by Hello

1 minute ago, Hello said:

You, not I, made it cross code by talking about the "biggest rugby club" instead of the "biggest rugby league club in Britain". Or do you think that rugby union isn't rugby? Again, not looking for an argument just looking for plain talking.

Every aspect of that is Cross code, I'll refer you to my earlier post and leave it there:

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Dave I'm from Leeds, Rugby means 13 men and a Rhino mascot.

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Apologies I'll use Rugby League from now on... for me though it is Rugby and Union.

And still, Leeds are the biggest Rugby League club by those metrics

And fully endorse this from Matt of Leigh:

15 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And anyone saying otherwise should be handed an immediate lifetime ban.

• Like 2

It’s been long established on this forum by the moderators no less that rugby means rugby league by default. It being a rugby league forum n ‘all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

15 hours ago, fevtom said:

Yep i’ve just seen someone say 12,575 on twitter. Not as bad as I thought it could be.

15 hours ago, Josef K said:

That is a bloody excellent crowd. 

4 hours ago, bratman said:

Great crowd at Wigan given the weather, maybe attractive rugby will bring the crowds back?

58 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Looks a good crowd at Hull but with the weather conditions I feel like I'm watching a evening game.

Yet over 13,000 at Leeds was labelled a poor crowd by most on this forum 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

For the self proclaimed biggest club in rugby it was a poor crowd 😜

It is worrying that Leeds can have relatively low crowds yet still be pretty comfortably the best attended. Shows the direction of the sport over the past few years really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EggFace said:

Looks a good crowd at Hull but with the weather conditions I feel like I'm watching a evening game.

You've got to give credit to Hull FC for making sure the first half was played where the majority of the crowd are situated.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jannerboyuk said:

It’s been long established on this forum by the moderators no less that rugby means rugby league by default. It being a rugby league forum n ‘all

Yes it should be a given. I doubt this kind of distinction is used on RU forums.

• Like 2

To all. I am not a lifelong follower of League, watched the odd game in my childhood on Wales but have started following and watching regularly in the last ten or so years.  If it is accepted on this forum that the term "rugby" means only league then please accept my apologies because I honestly was not aware of this. Let me also reiterate what I posted above - I support improved crowd levels across the board, and also feel that successful expansion is vital. Have a good weekend all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

To all. I am not a lifelong follower of League, watched the odd game in my childhood on Wales but have started following and watching regularly in the last ten or so years.  If it is accepted on this forum that the term "rugby" means only league then please accept my apologies because I honestly was not aware of this. Let me also reiterate what I posted above - I support improved crowd levels across the board, and also feel that successful expansion is vital. Have a good weekend all.

No problem mate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I quoted about 6 people who said exactly that about 10 pages ago on this thread 

I can see one post where you quoted one person in M j M who said it was a bit disappointing, a person who funnily enough is a Leeds fan. That isn't most people on this forum.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2