Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Absolutely torrential at York, still quite a breeze too.

Respect to York and Leigh for keeping the game on. I’m watching Limoux v St Gaudens on YouTube, looks like lovely weather over there. 

A good 450-500 approx Leigh fans here at York, good effort given the conditions (and lack of train station in Leigh!).

D746A3F5-E972-448F-977F-CDAC8F9A898E.jpeg

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

A good 450-500 approx Leigh fans here at York, good effort given the conditions (and lack of train station in Leigh!).

There is a train station in. Leigh i will drive passed it tomorrow on my way home from Spain to Kent.

Its on the Tonbridge branch line:)

Paul

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Any idea what the York attendance was AB? 

49 minutes ago, JonM said:

Announced as 2069.

Pre-match, I felt it would be about 2,000. York’s hard core 1,500 (very few ‘floaters’ on such a horrible day) plus 500 from Leigh.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

From which station? 😂

We got the train from Newton Le Willows but spotted the sticker on a bus stop while on the number 9 bus to the ground. In our defence, Leythers are irony impaired. 

We did at least mix it up and have a pint in the bowling alley pre match and the mini golf area post match. Certainly a creative (and seemingly popular) use of spare space in the stadium. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Pre-match, I felt it would be about 2,000. York’s hard core 1,500 (very few ‘floaters’ on such a horrible day) plus 500 from Leigh.

That’s decent isn’t it, I bet York City don’t get many more than that? 

11 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Back to same level York got vs Leigh pre-covid. If York go well they may be pushing the 2000 average again, boosted by some targeted games. 

2411 average so far, pre Covid our last full season was 2025. With warmer weather eventually on its way and the visit of your good selves (usually biggest gate of the season) I’d be disappointed if by the end of the season the average doesn’t break 2500.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AB Knight said:

2411 average so far, pre Covid our last full season was 2025. With warmer weather eventually on its way and the visit of your good selves (usually biggest gate of the season) I’d be disappointed if by the end of the season the average doesn’t break 2500.

2000 would be solid. Depends what state the bulls are in playoff wise but it´s normally around 4000. If Widnes stay on a role they might make for another good game. 

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

2000 would be solid. Depends what state the bulls are in playoff wise but it´s normally around 4000. If Widnes stay on a role they might make for another good game. 

Halifax is usually a good crowd at York too. Do however think York will struggle to get a 4 figure crowd this Sunday in the cup.

20 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Halifax is usually a good crowd at York too. Do however think York will struggle to get a 4 figure crowd this Sunday in the cup.

Cup is always odd one now that we only have 5 non SL teams with chance to play them. But should you win might just be one game away from the big draw that would get more eyes and commercial sponsors eyes on the product. 

4 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Why don't you comment on the score, petal ? 😀

Don´t normally come to his defence but this is an attendance thread. Besides, once they are out of that box and in Moor Lane next year it goes from looking awful on TV to suddenly every game Salford get at home now looks worth picking up from a TV perspective. That´s 13 more TV worthy games a season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That’s a poor attendance for a Super League club no matter what the circumstances imo 

If you were in charge at Salford what would you have done to increase today’s attendance? 

• Like 2

Leeds  v Man United only finished at 3:50pm, maybe some 'fair weather' supporters of Salford had been watching that at home or in a boozer. I'm sure Sir Kev would have been aware of this possibility. Leigh Centurions have brought their K.O. time (v Newcastle) forward to 1-45, as it's Man City v Man United at 4-30.