Fev in cup

Batley Bob

Always enjoy Batley Vs Fev. Hopefully we can can push them all the way to 80 mins.

Dogs 12 Fev 20

Ps I'm saving our win for the league game 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So, we didn't pull it off, hard luck, but I have a beef with the RFL over the way they are handing this 1895 cup, it's a total farce. Championship and Div1 teams have gone into a season knowing that of their number only 5 teams are going to be handed an opportunity to compete for 2 places at Wembley (or wherever it is to be held). I can't believe clubs are voting to allow this. If it's a cup competition room has to be made for clubs to have the chance to compete, otherwise it becomes a RFL excuse to make it look as though everybody has a chance.

Phildog....not a topic post....sorry....but why do your posts have oceans of white space after your comments. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Some super slick passing for a couple of Fev's Cuthbertson off loads just destroyed us. Pleased to see we put four trys on them, but our defensive efforts on some of their softer trys was poor. Only gripe for me was Gale or Hall raising his forearm into Meadows face which forced him to leave the game. Perhaps he'll be banded on review like Pauli Pauli was!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

30 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Only gripe for me was Gale or Hall raising his forearm into Meadows face which forced him to leave the game. Perhaps he'll be banded on review like Pauli Pauli was!

I don't think Meadows leaving the field was anything to do with any contact from Gale (which didn't look untoward to me), Meadows had been holding his arm awkwardly from an early stage and had been attended by the physio shortly before that tackle on Gale and he bounced straight up from that. He stayed on the field until Fev scored a couple of minutes later, my guess is he had some kind of dead arm/stinger injury.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think Meadows leaving the field was anything to do with any contact from Gale (which didn't look untoward to me), Meadows had been holding his arm awkwardly from an early stage and had been attended by the physio shortly before that tackle on Gale and he bounced straight up from that. He stayed on the field until Fev scored a couple of minutes later, my guess is he had some kind of dead arm/stinger injury.

I'm sure a review will clear it up. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

No gripes from me either. At times we played like we know we can, and rest of the time our defence was woeful. First 20 mins we looked terrified for some reason, then slowly started to gain a tad of confidence.  On the whole we were well beaten by the best fev side I have ever seen. Ref missed hell of a lot of forward passes and knock ons today. 

1 hour ago, BISSA... said:

Phildog....not a topic post....sorry....but why do your posts have oceans of white space after your comments. 

the white space gets bigger every post......he needs some back space

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

55 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

How does that work then ? Do they look at every game or do a club have to report anything they think is untoward ?

Good question,  I wonder myself, was in 9oyl and it looked like a high arm/ elbow at the time. 

Perhaps the Match Commissioner? He/She is impartial so anything they think is "iffy", check it ?? 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

14 hours ago, phildog said:

So, we didn't pull it off, hard luck, but I have a beef with the RFL over the way they are handing this 1895 cup, it's a total farce. Championship and Div1 teams have gone into a season knowing that of their number only 5 teams are going to be handed an opportunity to compete for 2 places at Wembley (or wherever it is to be held). I can't believe clubs are voting to allow this. If it's a cup competition room has to be made for clubs to have the chance to compete, otherwise it becomes a RFL excuse to make it look as though everybody has a chance.

I'm not sure that's quite true. Essentially this round and the previous round of the challenge cup are also the first two rounds of the 1895 cup. All championship and league one clubs have had opportunity to make it to the final 5 teams.

Poor performance today! let in some soft tries, fev were good! but we just seemed soft in defence today also dropping ball from restarts after just scoring  which normally isn't like us just deflates you, we are better than that, we just didn't seem at the races today it will be tough again next week but I'm sure we will be better! On a positive we did score some good tries today! 

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

Poor performance today! let in some soft tries, fev were good! but we just seemed soft in defence today also dropping ball from restarts after just scoring  which normally isn't like us just deflates you, we are better than that, we just didn't seem at the races today it will be tough again next week but I'm sure we will be better! On a positive we did score some good tries today! 

Our effort and body language was poor in the 2nd half yes we scored decent tries but we have to be better 

Archived