Will Pryce

MZH

10 games feels fair to me, it really was a horrendous tackle and harsh punishment should follow.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we know Conner Wynne is ok my thoughts go to Pryce. He’s a young player so hopefully being taken out of the game for a bit won’t be the worst thing in the world. He needs to learn lessons from this so hopefully he’s got good people around. 

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yep Matt Shaw having a normal one as usual- he’s coming across really bad lately 

The man's absolutely lost his mind. Between him and Bad News Davidson there's not much hope for our esteemed journalists. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

20 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

I can't see the argument for it being less. 

I think they had to go with a minimum of 8. I wouldn't have complained had that been the ban, but in the past we have seen offences downgraded and we end up with 5 or similar. 

Going more serious than the minimum is justified and sends a message. 

43 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Right on cue! I've never seen anyone go from a respectable journalist to caricature so quickly!

I don't think anyone else has attempted to argue that forcefully tipping and driving a player into the ground head and neck first should not receive the most serious sanction. Or at least done so unironically.

10 matches seems fair.

He is now arguing with the Castleford & Dewsbury doctor who is also the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the World Cup. I hope Matthew Shaw is well and not ill in some way

That kind of tackle is way beyond the debate around the changing nature of the game and what’s allowed , it’s just completely horrendous and runs the risks of the worst possible consequences and the ban justifiably reflects that 

27 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

The man's absolutely lost his mind. Between him and Bad News Davidson there's not much hope for our esteemed journalists. 

Don't forget that renowned journalist Mick "The Game Caller" Gledhill.

11 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He is now arguing with the Castleford & Dewsbury doctor who is also the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the World Cup. I hope Matthew Shaw is well and not ill in some way

Thankfully I haven't seen a single person even come close to agreeing with Shaw. 

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That commentary ! 

And ive just noticed the ref gave a pen for playing the ball the wrong way

Absolutely different world wasn't it.  None of the players from either team batted an eyelid on that 'tackle' the commentators described it in an almost jovial way and then laughed off the fact he was clearly concussed and played the ball the wrong way.

Staggering really when looked at through a modern lens.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Isn't Mathers still complaining about the carpet burns he got from the Widnes pitch? 🤣

Mathers is another one who likes to try and keep himself relevant on twitter. 

Shaw comparing the length of ban to Flower’s, Clubb’s and Acton’s, all completely different incidents. He’s really lost it, Shaw. He’s on a crash course for Gledhill territory. 

I expected the ban to be the longest we’ve seen this season so far. We’ve handed out pretty lengthy bans this year, some a little excessive to my liking but this is probably about right. 

Archived