Challenge Cup Semi-Final Draw

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

There is nothing to suggest neutrals make up only 15k or less. 

And I'm not sure why you think clubs shouldn't take 20k but double that number of neutrals should be interested. 

Of course clubs should be looking to take 20k.

In those days that you now crave for we didn't onky have 10k from each club. That's nonsense. 

Initial allocations were 10k. More were released to clubs when sold alongside neutral sales but if they didn't sell those they were reallocated 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I didn't realise you were using a covid final to make your numbers up. 

The last proper final likely had 30k plus neutrals. 

That was a long time ago and the habit is broken. There is no guarantee Spurs will even hit 50k this year. That would mean less than 20k neutrals - maybe even 15k

Leigh and Fev (or Sheffield or Barrow) are not neutral fans either.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That was a long time ago and the habit is broken. There is no guarantee Spurs will even hit 50k this year. That would mean less than 20k neutrals - maybe even 15k

Let's just see. You are using terrible data to position that less than 15k is the new normal. 

Just now, Dave T said:

Let's just see. You are using terrible data to position that less than 15k is the new normal. 

If Saints/Wigan take 15k, Hudds/Hull KR 10k, Leigh 5k and Fev 5k and the crowd is 50k - do the maths.

Looking at pre sales on RFL website they look sparse.

Just now, Scubby said:

If Saints/Wigan take 15k, Hudds/Hull KR 10k, Leigh 5k and Fev 5k and the crowd is 50k - do the maths.

Maybe that has something to do with the way neutrals cannot arrange parking at WHL 😉

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

A lot of ifs in there to make a point about something that hasn't happened. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

A lot of ifs in there to make a point about something that hasn't happened. 

Maybe so, but you can get a rough guide of the pre sales for yourself by looking around. 

My guess is that there is little or no bounce from last year in terms of neutrals.

5 hours ago, meast said:

You'd think so!

But the new/old Town chairman doesn't seem to have much time for the Giants or Ken.

Probably more chance of him and his angry mob doing something to discourage fans to go given the past.

16 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Maybe so, but you can get a rough guide of the pre sales for yourself by looking around. 

My guess is that there is little or no bounce from last year in terms of neutrals.

Maybe not but I don’t think 2022 is “new normal” given some of the pressures on pockets right now.

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I don't disagree with your frustration mate, just some of your shonky numbers. 

And I won't be surprised if we see a further drop as we continue to tinker with the cup and weaken it almost every time. I do hope you are wrong. 

But times are hard, I have no desire to go to a neural RL game and spend hundreds of quid - I'll be saving that budget for the World Cup. We do often see a bit of a hit for big games in World Cup years. 

48 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Who's to say Leigh and Fev will get there ?

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Let's hope they do. 

Probably be a better game than the final. 

Would go if a curtain raiser to the main game. If it is afterwards, no chance. 

WHL either sells out or we give up! 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

I did mention others 

34 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Let's hope they do. 

Probably be a better game than the final. 

Would go if a curtain raiser to the main game. If it is afterwards, no chance. 

WHL either sells out or we give up! 

It is the curtain-raiser 

I’ll be going to the final Wigan appearance or not and out of the 5 of us planning to go, me and 2 others haven’t been to a final as a neutral since the first game back at the new Wembley. I think we’ll see neutral fan ticket sales pick up now another 4 teams have fallen out the comp.

We’ll wait until after our semi final on the off chance we’d get there because we’d want to be at the Wigan end. It’s probably going to be the Saints end though, so I won’t be rushing out and buying them before the game at Elland Road. A day in the Saints end watching them lift another trophy isn’t my idea of fun🥺 (I’ll hide down the HKR/Huddersfield end instead). 

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I’ll be going to the final Wigan appearance or not and out of the 5 of us planning to go, me and 2 others haven’t been to a final as a neutral since the first game back at the new Wembley. I think we’ll see neutral fan ticket sales pick up now another 4 teams have fallen out the comp.

We’ll wait until after our semi final on the off chance we’d get there because we’d want to be at the Wigan end. It’s probably going to be the Saints end though, so I won’t be rushing out and buying them before the game at Elland Road. A day in the Saints end watching them lift another trophy isn’t my idea of fun🥺 (I’ll hide down the HKR/Huddersfield end instead). 

I think the fans of both finalists will want to be allocated that huge kop end at Spurs. It looks pretty awesome when you see it full. 

At a purely personal level, and therefore subjectively, my  "event" priorities this year are :

1.World Cup

2.Magic Weekend

3. Cup Final.

Might make two or even all three, health and other commitments permitting, though that's a long shot.

17 hours ago, Dave T said:

SKS has become nothing more than a troll now. 

Of course he has but what other avenues were left for him to contribute?

After his embarrassing monologues about the upcoming legendary status of this years Rhino’s team he can hardly be taken seriously on any RL related topic.

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Our train is at half 9. Kick off is at 5.

That's all you need to know...

You want me to send you match updates?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived