Jump to content

New signings


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I don't think it's bull marra, I think it's true unfortunately.

I really hope not, but if true, must be a few questions to ask why so many players leave and importantly why others dont want to join ?????

Edited by Onreport
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I don't know if its true that Pez has left but I know he has covid so that could explain his absence this week

If the club can't update us on Pezs situation it's all going to be speculation/rumours I'm afraid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/04/2022 at 16:27, Hate the rec said:

I don't think it's bull marra, I think it's true unfortunately.

Its not bull sadly, another big gap to fill.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, wiganlad said:

Heard he wasn’t happy being left on the bench for a full game and it’s gone on from there

That was very strange 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That was very strange 

As much as I like Chris his substitutions are a bit strange, hutchings is a prime example he defo should get more game time but sits most of the matches on his arris..

Edited by anok4u

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simple as this , players come n go as long as they give 100% while here that will do.Chris has gotta hard enough job without dealing  wid all the other ###### ,I don't like what I'm seeing at the moment, but av a guess what I'll be there nxt match!

Utt

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigapple said:

Simple as this , players come n go as long as they give 100% while here that will do.Chris has gotta hard enough job without dealing  wid all the other ###### ,I don't like what I'm seeing at the moment, but av a guess what I'll be there nxt match!

Utt

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Players leaving off their own back is something completely out of the clubs hands if that's what's happened? 

Players leaving because they didn't get played is more disappointing and baffling to me than any team selection / substitutions, last thing we need when the chips are down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, troutmaster said:

 

Had a craic with a mate who works at the club and he gave me the full run down about pez but cannot put it on our forum, The 2 players brought in to the club have been training and he was very impressed with the young centre.When asked about the young forward he was happy with the kid who apparently has some get up and go about him, he also said that the one reason we only brought 2 players in was down to super league clubs had a few matches over the Easter period and kept most players back but did emphasise there will be more players coming into the club in coming days? At least it goes someway to our fans but he was not very happy with some of our so called fans who have not been very complimentary let's say, and hopes that we will all be backing the club of which I said 99% of townies are with the club all the way.. 🏉🏉🏉

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the coach and board have a plan to get us out of this mess? We are about 1/3 thro the season and if we lose at Haven  on Sunday then next week's game against Dewsbury takes on more significance. Disheartened about losing experienced players such has Pez, are loan, inexperienced players really the answer? What happens after the loan period?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, town blue said:

Does the coach and board have a plan to get us out of this mess? We are about 1/3 thro the season and if we lose at Haven  on Sunday then next week's game against Dewsbury takes on more significance. Disheartened about losing experienced players such has Pez, are loan, inexperienced players really the answer? What happens after the loan period?

On 27th March you wanted them to bring in championship level players, even if they came on loan. Now your complaining at good quality players coming on loan.

What more do you want them to do??

1011BB3B-4DBE-4AB7-89B6-936117D50252.jpeg

Edited by Townie987
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Had a craic with a mate who works at the club and he gave me the full run down about pez but cannot put it on our forum, The 2 players brought in to the club have been training and he was very impressed with the young centre.When asked about the young forward he was happy with the kid who apparently has some get up and go about him, he also said that the one reason we only brought 2 players in was down to super league clubs had a few matches over the Easter period and kept most players back but did emphasise there will be more players coming into the club in coming days? At least it goes someway to our fans but he was not very happy with some of our so called fans who have not been very complimentary let's say, and hopes that we will all be backing the club of which I said 99% of townies are with the club all the way.. 🏉🏉🏉

It's the fans who pay the wages and if they are not happy why shouldn't they voice their concerns, and if the communications between the club and the fans was a bit better maybe there wouldn't be all this negativity and rumours flying about 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone see the brow and Egremont game yesterday really liked the look off Holgate for brow and think it was turnbull for Egremont would be really good assets for town and are both only young lads 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Did anyone see the brow and Egremont game yesterday really liked the look off Holgate for brow and think it was turnbull for Egremont would be really good assets for town and are both only young lads 

Holgate was head and shoulders the best on the park. Real quality player. I'd imagine when the time is right, both town and haven will be scrapping to get him (if he wants to step up). Agree turnbull also looked a handful 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Holgate was head and shoulders the best on the park. Real quality player. I'd imagine when the time is right, both town and haven will be scrapping to get him (if he wants to step up). Agree turnbull also looked a handful 

Turnbull just runs like his farther did in the day, strong and straight, a nightmare of a forward to tackle,I didn't think Egremont used him enough personally, especially when upon in the brow 25, but both great prospects.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JMB said:

Turnbull just runs like his farther did in the day, strong and straight, a nightmare of a forward to tackle,I didn't think Egremont used him enough personally, especially when upon in the brow 25, but both great prospects.

I agree the bit about his dad and wish we was here now, but having watched the mont in all of there home games he didn't show much of his ability. The lad is has you say, a tough no nonsense head down prop but to early for the lad but if we were to have a reserve team now that would better avenue for him. On to Holgate, He has a good job I think at Sellafield? But a super league club will be in my opinion, snap him up,Mr Rooney of the Brow I would imagine be a bit more constructive about where the young boy would nd up at, Ian has a bit of a special coach at the Brow for a hundreds of😉years or so, so I would listen to him personally, but if Town were to get them both it would a major cull for our club.... UTT🏉🏉🏉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I agree the bit about his dad and wish we was here now, but having watched the mont in all of there home games he didn't show much of his ability. The lad is has you say, a tough no nonsense head down prop but to early for the lad but if we were to have a reserve team now that would better avenue for him. On to Holgate, He has a good job I think at Sellafield? But a super league club will be in my opinion, snap him up,Mr Rooney of the Brow I would imagine be a bit more constructive about where the young boy would nd up at, Ian has a bit of a special coach at the Brow for a hundreds of😉years or so, so I would listen to him personally, but if Town were to get them both it would a major cull for our club.... UTT🏉🏉🏉

Maybe the occasion got to young Turnbull yesterday then, especially playing in front of a very large and vocal crowd. but definitely one to watch for in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We brought in 2 experienced players to help us avoid relegation years ago, Kevin Ellis and Rowland Phillips, and it kick started our season and massively improved us. Hopefully we can see some kind of turn around again, though its a big ask.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dkw said:

We brought in 2 experienced players to help us avoid relegation years ago, Kevin Ellis and Rowland Phillips, and it kick started our season and massively improved us. Hopefully we can see some kind of turn around again, though its a big ask.

🙏🙏🙏

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...