Venue switch - World Cup QF

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Are you sure about that. I’ve read it somewhere on the website

I logged in to the ticketing website, it still shows Group A winner v Group Runner Up as the mens game with England v Canada listed as the other part of the double header at Wigan. It may well be that England win Group A but if that doesn’t really matter as England will play their regardless of finishing first or second, it should be clearer.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've already purchased a ticket for Bolton , logistically Warrington isn't a big issue ( unless you were walking from Norwich, Horwich , not Norwich 😤 to the game ) , if you switch it to London , then you'd get a lot of returns , which would be a daft thing to do 

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Are you sure about that. I’ve read it somewhere on the website

Hmmm - when Anfield was down for a quarter final then England would play there no matter what.

However this says they would have played at Bolton if they come second.  https://www.rugby-league.com/article/36292/england-rugby-league-schedule-confirmed-for-rlwc2021

Presumably that now means Warrington? If so then that’s pretty small-time… but at least it will be a guaranteed sell-out!

16 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Hmmm - when Anfield was down for a quarter final then England would play there no matter what.

However this says they would have played at Bolton if they come second.  https://www.rugby-league.com/article/36292/england-rugby-league-schedule-confirmed-for-rlwc2021

Presumably that now means Warrington? If so then that’s pretty small-time… but at least it will be a guaranteed sell-out!

That hasn't been made clear, we bought tickets for Anfield, and didn't ask for a refund, based on an England mens QF.

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

If you've already purchased a ticket for Bolton , logistically Warrington isn't a big issue ( unless you were walking from Norwich, Horwich , not Norwich 😤 to the game ) , if you switch it to London , then you'd get a lot of returns , which would be a daft thing to do 

Fair point

Ah! That explains it! A late night phone call from Ralph to Jon. " 'ow doo mate. A great idea. It seems everyone thinks the RLWC  arrangements are going well. We can't have that. What are you going to do about it.  I know. How about ..."

Jon replies," Nah, it's not me, it's our Chief Operating Officer you need to talk to, Stephen Brown ,"

Several days later...

"Well done,Agent Brown, Scubby is blaming the RFL and all is well with the world....😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

11 hours ago, Scubby said:

What an embarrassing headline for a major tournament 😕

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61108904

So we have now lost 40,000 tickets from the original quarter finals. I am excited about the tournament but this is small time ####. The RFL reverting to type

I had a lot of hope for this tournament, but I think there are going to be some embarrassingly small attendances at some games in heartland areas purely through flooding smaller markets.

4th game at Warrington, 11th Game across Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Leigh, roughly 175k tickets to shift for 9 group stage games and 2 Quarter Finals. That's a lot of tickets to shift in venues fans from elsewhere are less likely to travel to from further afield.

11 hours ago, Scubby said:

What an embarrassing headline for a major tournament 😕

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61108904

So we have now lost 40,000 tickets from the original quarter finals. I am excited about the tournament but this is small time ####. The RFL reverting to type

Our quarter final venues are Hull, Huddersfield, Wigan and Warrington, which hold 25400, 24500, 25000 and 15200 giving 90,000 quarter final tickets in total. The combined quarter final attendances at the last World Cup was 45,000, so we can double the figure from the last World Cup.

I actually think it’s a good thing all quarter final venues are at Super League grounds rather than a random northern football stadium.

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Our quarter final venues are Hull, Huddersfield, Wigan and Warrington, which hold 25400, 24500, 25000 and 15200 giving 90,000 quarter final tickets in total. The combined quarter final attendances at the last World Cup was 45,000, so we can double the figure from the last World Cup.

I actually think it’s a good think all quarter final venues are at Super League grounds rather than a random northern football stadium.

Agree 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I actually think it’s a good think all quarter final venues are at Super League grounds rather than a random northern football stadium.

Of course, but they haven't replaced anything near like with like have they when they have had to swap grounds? They've effectively halved the capacity of 2 of the fixtures and chosen grounds with Councils that were already hosting 3 fixtures too.

If Huddersfield and Hull couldn't host their Quarter Finals for example, the equivalent replacements by this logic could be Kingston Park and Doncaster. 

Its not a good trajectory.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Of course, but they haven't replaced anything near like with like have they when they have had to swap grounds? They've effectively halved the capacity of 2 of the fixtures and chosen grounds with Councils that were already hosting 3 fixtures too.

If Huddersfield and Hull couldn't host their Quarter Finals for example, the equivalent replacements by this logic could be Kingston Park and Doncaster. 

Its not a good trajectory.

So your suggestions for replacing Anfield and Bolton would be ? , Blackburn,Preston,Burnley ? 

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So basically losing almost all our pre sales for Bolton ? 

It's good that you've got so much first hand knowledge of the personal details of the quarter final ticket buyers.

Bad for GDPR, mind.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Get lost 

Nah. Getting lost is what you do when you try and get a coach from Leigh to London.

But, you seem very certain you know all the details about who has bought tickets for the quarter final and how many there are so I assume you must be basing that on reality.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Nah. Getting lost is what you do when you try and get a coach from Leigh to London.

But, you seem very certain you know all the details about who has bought tickets for the quarter final and how many there are so I assume you must be basing that on reality.

So you think it's logical to move a quarter final 200 miles 6 months before the event , if they'd have done that they'd have been crucified on here 

Getting turfed out for some ITV4 filler snooker tournament, having already had the booking for the rugby, is really embarrassing. At least that time Wigan couldn't play a home game it was because of a wedding that had already been booked.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So your suggestions for replacing Anfield and Bolton would be ? , Blackburn,Preston,Burnley ? 

Elland Road or Etihad (even just the lower two bowls) for Anfield and Wigan for Bolton. Halved at least the number of potential lost sales there straight away.

If you don't see what has happened as a downgrade that is fine.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Elland Road or Etihad (even just the lower two bowls) for Anfield and Wigan for Bolton. Halved at least the number of potential lost sales there straight away.

If you don't see what has happened as a downgrade that is fine.

A downgrade yes , but people who aren't involved just randomly suggesting alternatives that quite possibly either aren't available , or indeed just aren't interested in hosting is crazy , just people who like having a pop at the RFL , once you've moved Anfield to Wigan , that takes Wigan out of the equation for replacing Bolton , that's why I suggested the 3 other similar sized and relatively close to alternatives , but maybe they just aren't interested , or are outside the workable costs 

Archived