Jonathan Ford signs...

17 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yeah he's a class player but I'm a bit split about this one.  A great signing but like you say it  does feel like its as much to do with preventing our rivals signing him (or more specifically a battle between Campbell and Beaumont).  Ford may step straight in as first choice but didn't we already have the best in the league in that position ? (and the best cover).

Call me old fashioned but I would like us to get promoted with a team that resembles the one that started the season.  Are we becoming too much like Leigh ?

Exciting times for now though! .......

Yer old fashioned.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Smith thought York wasn't good enough for him! Wonder if Fev are now thinking he is not good enough for them.

Everything I have read and heard suggests Morgan's departure from York was on good terms and he's not that type of character. He's had a regular starting spot at Fev, his coach has spoken highly of him and I would imagine he's still very much in contention for a place in the rotation, at the very least.

2 hours ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Smith thought York wasn't good enough for him! Wonder if Fev are now thinking he is not good enough for them.

To be honest I think Smith has been our best half so far this season, granted Riley Jacks is really coming into his own and is starting to look a really good player. On you tube there is an interview with where BM talks about the need for some players to go full time to progress and I wonder if Smith is reluctant to do it.

On 17/04/2022 at 18:11, plug said:

Who we gonna drop to play him because i don't think he is any better than who we have at the moment in his earlyer years he was good player but last couple of years not really broken any pot's for me 

Agree with that,Plug. Performances over the past three seasons  been nothing sparkling. Lacking in defence and definitely not SL standard.

22 hours ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

He's been great so far this season but was out injured for the Barrow game.

Just now, OldManMarley said:

Anyone else hearing that we are in talks with Hardaker?

Can't see that why would we want Zak ? Haven't we got a big enough squad,  there more going out on loan by the day.

18 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Anyone else hearing that we are in talks with Hardaker?

Heard it, but struggling to believe it. 

In any case, his preferred position is full back. We've just signed one of those. Obviously he can play centre or wing, but would he step down to the championship to do that, when he'd be pretty guaranteed to play FB at say Leeds, who can afford bigger wages than us.

12 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

In any case, his preferred position is full back. We've just signed one of those. Obviously he can play centre or wing, but would he step down to the championship to do that, when he'd be pretty guaranteed to play FB at say Leeds, who can afford bigger wages than us.

Salary caps issues for Leeds?

13 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Salary caps issues for Leeds?

Aye, could be. There also could be Wigan not wanting him going to a rival, but still wanting shut of him in a hurry.

Colossal signing if we pull it off, should have Degsy blubbing on his plastic decking.

We just need to keep him out of Biggies 

35 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

We aren't particular strong in the centres, so I'd assume he play there if we did sign him.

6 minutes ago, lingaro said:

he’ll get the best out of Zak.

He played under  BM for 6 years   at the Whinos

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Colossal signing if we pull it off, should have Degsy blubbing on his plastic decking.

Apparently Derek Beaumont will have two more big signings to announce in the coming weeks. They will arrive in time for the huge Round 15 Championship clash between Leigh and Featherstone in June.

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

Hardaker sacked at wigan🤔

WHOOOO C you drama queen according to wigan he's left the Club with immediate effect, which enables him to return to his family base in Yorkshire to pursue career opportunities closer to home. You must have forgot he asked for this last season but because he had a year left on his contract wigan said NO 

6 hours ago, POR said:

WHOOOO C you drama queen according to wigan he's left the Club with immediate effect, which enables him to return to his family base in Yorkshire to pursue career opportunities closer to home. You must have forgot he asked for this last season but because he had a year left on his contract wigan said NO 

What “statement” was issued today and what the actual truth is are two different things - all i will say is when you go for a job nowadays your current/previous employees arent allowed to give out a poor reference to the potential new employer

Needs to get his house in order to be honest - you cant turn up late for the Wakey cup game when youve been allowed special permission to travel from ponte instead of on the team bus from Wigan and turn up half an hour after the Wigan bus and team has got there

Not suprised Wigan are seething considering what theyve spent trying to sort him out - but maybe Bri Mac is the man to get the best back out of him again 

Archived