Sat 7th May: CCSF: Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 17:00 (BBC Two)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/22 at 16:30

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Congratulations to the Giants , always been a fan of Watson , and my mate Hilly , hope to see you at WHL , missed the game , but sounds like it was a ' perfect ' display 

Yes near perfect. They never let Hull KR into the game and won very easily.

I like how Watson is on the touchline near the action, encouraging and giving instructions. He also prepared his team well beforehand, making sure his key players were fit. 

It's no coincidence he has taken 2 unfashionable sides to big finals.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s been pointed out elsewhere on the internet that, although we don’t have many to judge from, Hull KR’s consistency in recent big games cannot be called in to question.

In their last major final they conceded 50 whilst yesterday, in their last major semi final, they conceded 25.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

It’s been pointed out elsewhere on the internet that, although we don’t have many to judge from, Hull KR’s consistency in recent big games cannot be called in to question.

In their last major final they conceded 50 whilst yesterday, in their last major semi final, they conceded 25.

Different coach, different players, just how results go in rugby sometimes there’s no secret sauce to it. 

Well done to Hudds yesterday, well coached team and they controlled the game. Rovers were flat, partly because of half of the spine and most of our middle missing, but I still expected more. But that happens all the time in sport, we get up and go again. 

Looking forward to the final, would be great to see Hudds win for first time in almost 70 years. Great story that. I’ll be there and supporting them.

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Having now watched the game back, albeit with fairly sore and tired head, I knew we had played well, but didn't realise just how well we had played, watching the game live with am mixture of alcohol, adrenaline, and emotion of the day you don't always get a clearer picture but here are my thoughts now.

Our forwards were absolutely immense, we simply battered rovers, Hill, Wilson, Trout were all excellent, Jones was his usual workhorse self, although McQueen was quiet by his standards and ended up going off with a groin injury.

Luke Yates is just an absolute beast of a rugby player, probably the best in the league right now, he just does everything at 100mph and 100%, his work rate is phenomenal, he makes metres, gets a quick PTB and he stops everything that runs at him, as I say almost every other week, pound for pound he's the best in the business.

Our backs were absolute class, Leutele and Senior worked well together and have a good partnership going and Leroy and Jerry rolled back the years, Ryan Hall and Kenny-Dowall must still be wincing at the spectre of those 2 this morning.

Our halves and Levi were far too good for the opposition, Levi never stopped running, never stopped tackling, never gave KR a moment's peace.

But our coach totally outcoached Smith, his tactics were spot on.

He's the best in the business right now, taking 2 unfancied, fanless clubs who a lot of people believe offer nothing to the game and should be kicked out for York and Newcastle is a remarkable feat.

What chance a Fartown double in 2022?

🙂 

On 05/05/2022 at 04:50, Old Frightful said:

Well, by the time this comes on the telly, we'll have been in t'Bone for around four hours so we should be suitably relaxed for it. I think this will be a fairly close and nervous encounter with both teams doing their level best to avoid a shellacking down White Hart Lane on May 28th.

Seriously though, I don't think there is much of a favourite here, both sides will fancy their chances, I just hope the result is in doubt until the last couple of minutes.

Is it GP extra time in the event of scores being level after 80 mins?

Huddersfield 18 Hull KR 19.

Compliments to the caterers, the buffet was excellent. Beer outstanding as usual and the rugby was very enjoyable too.

A grand day out.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well, what a good day out.

Got there good and early to watch all 3 games, and credit to the Elland Road staff and stewards who were exemplary as to how to host a game and treat visitors.

And 3 very different but also 3 fantastic games on show.

As for our attendance, we weren't outnumbered that much by Hull KR and from where I was sat, we had similar numbers to Wigan, definitely made as much noise as anyone else on the day (though credit to Saints who turned up in numbers to support their women) 

But, the result is what matters. Dominant in defence, patient in attack and some real flair and class when it was on.

Jerry and Cudjoe rolling back the seasons, Innes showing he has matured into a very good winger at this level - and a middle unit as good as any in SL I think.

Roll on Tottenham! 

58 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Compliments to the caterers, the buffet was excellent. Beer outstanding as usual and the rugby was very enjoyable too.

A grand day out.

Why thank you!

wallace-gromit-a-grand-day-out-aardman-6899222-640-480 - SME Business  Solutions - Business & Executive CoachingSME Business Solutions – Business  & Executive Coaching

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, meast said:

My head and throat hurts this morning, quality over quantity again from the Giants supporters!

It must’ve been you i heard the most then meast. Our seats were in the corner but with majority of Saints fan’s going home after the Wigan match we moved to seats behind the sticks. The Huddersfield fan’s were singing for the full 80mins and they were very noisy. I’m not a fan of doubleheader’s but i did enjoy yesterday despite us losing. I think i was dropped off back home for 8.15am so we did quite well getting home. 

6 hours ago, meast said:

Having now watched the game back, albeit with fairly sore and tired head, I knew we had played well, but didn't realise just how well we had played, watching the game live with am mixture of alcohol, adrenaline, and emotion of the day you don't always get a clearer picture but here are my thoughts now.

Our forwards were absolutely immense, we simply battered rovers, Hill, Wilson, Trout were all excellent, Jones was his usual workhorse self, although McQueen was quiet by his standards and ended up going off with a groin injury.

Luke Yates is just an absolute beast of a rugby player, probably the best in the league right now, he just does everything at 100mph and 100%, his work rate is phenomenal, he makes metres, gets a quick PTB and he stops everything that runs at him, as I say almost every other week, pound for pound he's the best in the business.

Our backs were absolute class, Leutele and Senior worked well together and have a good partnership going and Leroy and Jerry rolled back the years, Ryan Hall and Kenny-Dowall must still be wincing at the spectre of those 2 this morning.

Our halves and Levi were far too good for the opposition, Levi never stopped running, never stopped tackling, never gave KR a moment's peace.

But our coach totally outcoached Smith, his tactics were spot on.

He's the best in the business right now, taking 2 unfancied, fanless clubs who a lot of people believe offer nothing to the game and should be kicked out for York and Newcastle is a remarkable feat.

What chance a Fartown double in 2022?

🙂 

I think Theo Fages had an excellent game also. What St Helens would have given to have had him there yesterday!

2 Of us sat it out Saturday afternoon in a pub in Leeds with a very raucous set of HKR fans getting stick about having no fans. They were great natured and a credit to the club I explained it wasn't the existing giants fans fault we are all RL after all. I did say to to the wife let them them burn themselves out in the boozer. We will do our singing in the ground and so it turned out. Can we beat Wigan absolutely with the machine that is Luke Yates COYG.

On 07/05/2022 at 18:02, OMEGA said:

Ball from left hand to right hand

in and away to go on the outside

switches the ball from right hand to left hand

Swerves to go on the inside of Dagger

switches the ball from left hand to right hand

goes on the outside of the cover and scores

Fantastic skills on show

Superb Try

He may be 34 but Jerry can still produce magic moments like that, a superb individual effort with so much skill involved.

On 07/05/2022 at 18:27, DavidM said:

Mcgillvarry’s won that battle , been very good 

If Ryan Hall was smaller he may have been able to climb out of Jerry's pocket  but he's still there i think.

10 hours ago, Josef K said:

The Huddersfield fan’s were very noisy throughout the whole game and they were a credit to their side. Id imagine Smith will be bitterly disappointed with HKR’s performance. 

We usually are, folk are usually too busy counting us though so probably miss it!

10 minutes ago, meast said:

I wonder if Jon Wells still thinks Hull KR have nothing to fear?

Be interesting to see if he retracts his silly comments on Thursday 🤫😄

Nah the guys a proper 1st class knob and uses his 'job' to peddle his fartown bitterness as much as he can

Well done from an FC fan. Its always nice when our neighbours get their come uppance. All mouth and no trousers as they say. On the subject of your fans, we really don't care whether its 10, 50 or even 10,000 so you need to just ignore the people who constantly refer to it. You've done the talking on the pitch and that's all that matters. Wigan will obviously be a tougher proposition but another performance like Saturday's and there's no reason you can't bring the cup home. Good luck in the final.

Probably not quite the right thread but I love this attitude from Jermaine McGilvary. There's something special about players who are loyal to a club like this and with no offence intended especially not one of the big clubs. Its great when that loyalty gets rewarded:

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Probably not quite the right thread but I love this attitude from Jermaine McGilvary. There's something special about players who are loyal to a club like this and with no offence intended especially not one of the big clubs. Its great when that loyalty gets rewarded:

Him, Cudjoe and Lawrence getting a winners medal would be fitting reward for over a decade of loyalty and work. 3 players who would have made their way into any SL team  but stuck it out even when it was going badly in the last few years 

14 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well done from an FC fan. Its always nice when our neighbours get their come uppance. All mouth and no trousers as they say. On the subject of your fans, we really don't care whether its 10, 50 or even 10,000 so you need to just ignore the people who constantly refer to it. You've done the talking on the pitch and that's all that matters. Wigan will obviously be a tougher proposition but another performance like Saturday's and there's no reason you can't bring the cup home. Good luck in the final.

Most Fartown fans accept and even self deprecation is the order of the day when it comes to our lack of numbers, but enthusiasm and loyalty will always trump numbers as we proved on Saturday.

We even sang "we're going to Tottenham in a taxi" while enjoying thousands of "better fans" walking out.

What frustrates me and others is that the same level of criticism isn't labelled at other teams for poor followings, or that our support gets called out for being poor when it's not really that bad.

Anyway, cheers for the wishes, I think all the pressure is on Wigan for the final, we will just slip nicely under the radar again I feel and let the pundits talk down our chances.

Mr Wells anyone 🤫😀

Giants played well right enough, but there's such a thing as winning gracefully and without starting to slag off opposition players  and it's worth mentioning that Rovers had a fair amount of poor luck. As well as we played we will have to step up from that in the final, Wigan showed what they can do , when you consider they were on the back foot for most of that game it was a great effort to come away with the win, They will certainly be a different proposition to an under strength HKR.

All that said i'm delighted we got to the final,  I've been to each final we have got too starting with 1953 and a few we didn't get too, we were the underdogs that year as well so you never know ,we do beat Wigan every now and then, ( we shall use this Thursday to practice on them ) I'd love Ken Davy to get a top trophy the man deserves something for all his efforts and money.

I thought the Giants were not much behind HKR fanswise but i'm not one to bother overmuch about numbers , we've had poor crowds since the Devery, Valentine days ended but we are still here. Well done to HKR fans they stayed and clapped their team off when they must have felt really disappointed , I thought they were a credit to the club.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Archived