Catalans confirm Sio Siua Taukeiaho signing

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-45/257-9703-dragons-sign-siosiua-taukeiaho/

2 years with an option for a third.

Still only 30 years old and one of the top props in the NRL, Catalans could potentially get 3-5 years out of him yet. Would have to be one of the best signings from the NRL in recent times based off career to date and his status as an essential part of a top International side.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Great signing. Just what Catalans need.

Wonder how many years Napa is signed for? 

Believe Napa was the same with 2 years and an option for a third.

Seems to be the MO at Catalans as Pearce was reported as the same length and option as well.

• Like 1

Wade Graham also considering a move to Catalans. Was on the Benji show on Fox Sports talking about it as his wife is French-Canadian. 

Catalans is now the highest profile SL club in the NRL it seems. They are paying marquee money for the top players and that attracts others to go there. The location and lifestyle is also a huge pull.

Taukeiaho is one of the best forward NRL signings in recent years. He kicks goals at 80% too.

• Like 5

Top quality player.

The only person in the Catalans club who should be concerned about this signing is Dylan Napa as it will be an awful comparison for him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Top quality player.

The only person in the Catalans club who should be concerned about this signing is Dylan Napa as it will be an awful comparison for him.

Maybe they can offload him to Warrington too.

I agree this looks like an excellent signing for Les Dracs, but I am also pleased to see that, in the last few days, they have extended to the end of 2024 the contracts of Matthieu Laguerre and Jordan Dezaria - French talent which, one hopes, blossoms fully.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I agree this looks like an excellent signing for Les Dracs, but I am also pleased to see that, in the last few days, they have extended to the end of 2024 the contracts of Matthieu Laguerre and Jordan Dezaria - French talent which, one hopes, blossoms fully.

Both look amazing prospects for the next few years and huge units too.

Looks like a really good signing for the comp.

I felt he should have been the Golden Boot winner a few years ago. I haven't seen all that much of Easts this year, so I don't know whether he's still playing his best football on a consistent basis. If he is, he promises to be some addition to the Catalans outfit.