RL merch spotted in unexpected places

Spotted a few Wakey shirts still in the crowd at the final whistle yesterday.

• Haha 5

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The merch: a Jacksonville Axemen USARL jersey.

The place: as worn by the presenter of a Microsoft Learn online seminar into artificial intelligence.

The fella: Steve Guggenheimer. A seriously cashed up Microsoft+HSBC executive, who appears to like his acrylic sports gear.

Who knew works training could be so interesting, although I’m none-the-wiser on what artificial intelligence is.

The I’m not making this up, honestly glossary…

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

• Like 6

On holiday in Cyprus a few years ago, in a tourist tat shop, next to the beach balls, buckets and spades, trinkets, postcards etc, a bloke had about half a dozen Paramatta Eels hats for sale. I asked him if he saw many Aussies on holiday in Cyprus, and he said no. I bought one at a knockdown price. No idea what he was doing with them.

Pretty sure the Eels were guffing at the time too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/06/2022 at 23:15, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's always a thrill seeing someone wearing league tops down here. I always try and talk to people about it and usually positive....it's like we share a secret most people down here are too stupid to know 

Agreed, I was behind a Hunslet car sticker on the A47 today and really wanted to flag them down to ask about it. 

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2022 at 08:54, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I know, I know, it takes me a lot longer to flight from MAN-CDG myself but I can't go too close to the aeroplanes or I'll get sucked into the engines. 

And then some old geezer gets all the credit for landing in a river.

On 29/06/2022 at 09:50, Shaggy said:

I once saw a guy wearing a Wigan shirt pulling a cart through down town Antananarivo, capital of Madagascar.

There’s a good reason behind this. When people donate their old RL gear to charities a lot of it ends up in the third world. When I lived in the Middle East I saw a Indian expat labourer wearing a RL World Cup 2000 polo shirt.

Having said that, it’s not unusual to see Wiganers pulling carts in Wigan town centre in club gear. Third world and all that 😉

• Haha 2

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

When I lived in the Middle East I saw a Indian expat labourer wearing a RL World Cup 2000 polo shirt.

Did you go over and start lecturing him on the difference between League and Union? 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Did you go over and start lecturing him on the difference between League and Union? 

He did tell me he loved Johnny Wilkinson’s drop goal. Although I let him off, as he’d been drinking a few Mango Lassi’s at the time. 

• Haha 5

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

I would like to put a stop to the scurilous rumours that TGG merch was found in Nadine Dorries' Knicker drawer!

Such a vile suggestion must be repudiated in order to protect the quality and reputation of TGG merch,

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Once saw a begger outside Baker Street Tube station with a Bradford Bulls Bobble hat on - i gave him some change just to ask him if he was a fan - he said he had no idea what the hat was as he found it..🤣🤣

Edited by Mr Frisky

12 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Once saw a begger outside Baker Street Tube station with a Bradford Bulls Bobble hat on - i gave him some change just to ask him if he was a fan - he said he had no idea what the hat was as he found it..🤣🤣

I would just like to scotch the rumour that this bobble hat was found in a knicker drawer of any putative politician imaginary, living or dead.

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political