Jump to content

Is Big Mac on his way out,


Recommended Posts

"Hearing strong reports that Brian McDermott may be heading out the door at Featherstone after one senior player in the dressing room announced the squads lack of passion to play under him as a head coach, and is questioning the decision of Jonathan Ford continuously being benched.”

And this is usually the kiss of death when an official says:-

However, after being contacted by Serious About Rugby League, a senior spokesman at the West Yorkshire club has completely dismissed any notion of that, stating: “There’s absolutely nothing in it.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

"Hearing strong reports that Brian McDermott may be heading out the door at Featherstone after one senior player in the dressing room announced the squads lack of passion to play under him as a head coach, and is questioning the decision of Jonathan Ford continuously being benched.”

And this is usually the kiss of death when an official says:-

However, after being contacted by Serious About Rugby League, a senior spokesman at the West Yorkshire club has completely dismissed any notion of that, stating: “There’s absolutely nothing in it.”

Nice to see a player deciding who should be in the side... imagine if that was the case at every club a player deciding whom should be in or out.

If it was the club I support I'd want that player moved on for sure even if the coach went.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Nice to see a player deciding who should be in the side... imagine if that was the case at every club a player deciding whom should be in or out.

If it was the club I support I'd want that player moved on for sure even if the coach went.

So you can say for sure its true  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Nice to see a player deciding who should be in the side... imagine if that was the case at every club a player deciding whom should be in or out.

If it was the club I support I'd want that player moved on for sure even if the coach went.

Said player who is reported as a "Senior Player" maybe it is a personal thought or he is expressing the opinion of the majority of the dressing room says "the squad lacks the passion to play under him as head coach" it is either sensational reporting with no substance or something more serious, it will be either nipped in the bud and we will hear no more, or it will blow up either in Fevs results or the coach or (some) players leaving the club or in dispute.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Said player who is reported as a "Senior Player" maybe it is a personal thought or he is expressing the opinion of the majority of the dressing room says "the squad lacks the passion to play under him as head coach" it is either sensational reporting with no substance or something more serious, it will be either nipped in the bud and we will hear no more, or it will blow up either in Fevs results or the coach or (some) players leaving the club or in dispute.

That's why I'm glad he's still there Harry 

Tick tock tick tock tick 💥 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he does move on in the near future at least he will be able to drive to a new job "sob sob poor me". I would have expected him to take his punishment on the chin. Also does not say a lot about Fev's infrastructure.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

If he does move on in the near future at least he will be able to drive to a new job "sob sob poor me". I would have expected him to take his punishment on the chin. Also does not say a lot about Fev's infrastructure.

12 points on his licence suggests he plays by his own rules.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Fevrover said:

So you can say for sure its true  ?

nope... no idea but my comment was in relationship to the comment and not in isolation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2022 at 09:11, RigbyLuger said:

They've probably got the rumour from here!

That would be far too much like serious research journalism.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusscouldn'tcareless v Keith AWOL Tory vast majority in the making.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2022 at 09:10, Harry Stottle said:

"Hearing strong reports that Brian McDermott may be heading out the door at Featherstone after one senior player in the dressing room announced the squads lack of passion to play under him as a head coach, and is questioning the decision of Jonathan Ford continuously being benched.”

 

Harry, this is the same guy who announced that Lachlan Lam had signed for Leigh, the same guy who said Leigh were going to sign Gelling, Ford and Josh Dugan. He is a proven guesser. I think the fact that you have started a thread based on one of his tweets and a Serious About Rugby League piece doesn't do you much credit, frankly.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2022 at 09:10, Harry Stottle said:

"Hearing strong reports that Brian McDermott may be heading out the door at Featherstone after one senior player in the dressing room announced the squads lack of passion to play under him as a head coach, and is questioning the decision of Jonathan Ford continuously being benched.”

And this is usually the kiss of death when an official says:-

However, after being contacted by Serious About Rugby League, a senior spokesman at the West Yorkshire club has completely dismissed any notion of that, stating: “There’s absolutely nothing in it.”

Poor stuff Harry

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Harry, this is the same guy who announced that Lachlan Lam had signed for Leigh, the same guy who said Leigh were going to sign Gelling, Ford and Josh Dugan. He is a proven guesser. I think the fact that you have started a thread based on one of his tweets and a Serious About Rugby League piece doesn't do you much credit, frankly.

I don't have much history of either the reporter or Serious about RL, it just popped up on my pad in the "headline" column, and after in the very recent past reading of some Fev fans scratching their heads on the selections of the team and letting others go out on loan even when the team is depleted with injuries, I thought it may be relevant, a ls they say Phantom "don't shoot the messenger"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

May I just say, that I have no issues whatsoever with Fev, and even some of you may remember how much I have defended the club when others have not been so complementary about visiting POR, if there is a problem with your coach then I am sure it will get sorted, I am much more interested in what is happening West of the Pennines in a small town in the Wigan Metropolitan area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't have much history of either the reporter or Serious about RL, it just popped up on my pad in the "headline" column, and after in the very recent past reading of some Fev fans scratching their heads on the selections of the team and letting others go out on loan even when the team is depleted with injuries, I thought it may be relevant, a ls they say Phantom "don't shoot the messenger"

But your OP stated you’d heard ‘STRONG’ rumours which none of that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

But your OP stated you’d heard ‘STRONG’ rumours which none of that is.

I thought that even you would not be confused that was a copy and paste, just shows how wrong one can be, got to try better Dav!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought that even you would not be confused that was a copy and paste, just shows how wrong one can be, got to try better Dav!

You seem to be the one showing confusion with posts on this thread old lad,I just find it pathetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't have much history of either the reporter or Serious about RL, it just popped up on my pad in the "headline" column, and after in the very recent past reading of some Fev fans scratching their heads on the selections of the team and letting others go out on loan even when the team is depleted with injuries, I thought it may be relevant, a ls they say Phantom "don't shoot the messenger"

Poor stuff Harry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Davo is obviosuly unable to tell the original post was a copy and paste of an article and not the opinion of Harry  being expressed. 🤦‍♂️

You have to give allowances RB, @Davo5 has a history of being "confused" in most posts he reads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...