Kheirallah injury

from Rovers twitter::
"Featherstone Rovers can sadly confirm that fullback Mark Kheirallah suffered an ACL injury, along with injury to the MCL and LCL, in our victory over Newcastle Thunder. Everyone at the Rovers would like to wish Mark a very speedy recovery. "

Very sad to have that confirmed even though we pretty much knew it was bad news. A genuinely high-class player at this level and really seemed to have bought into the club. Hope he recovers well and that we haven't seen the last of him at Fev, but that's going to be a long-haul injury.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Kheirallah will be lucky to be playing within 9 to 10 months with an injury like that.Good luck to him with his treatment and recovery.As for Pickersgill i said it was stupid to loan him out for odd games, wish him a speedy recovery.

We all knew it was stupid except the man in charge by looks of . Hopefully Pickersgill can get fit soon. All the best to Mark on his recovery.

Really disagree that it was stupid to send Pickersgill out on loan.  If Kheirallah had got injured in the last game of the regular season and Pickersgill had to come into the team without having played for four or five months people would have been saying it was a mistake not to have given him any game time.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Really disagree that it was stupid to send Pickersgill out on loan.  If Kheirallah had got injured in the last game of the regular season and Pickersgill had to come into the team without having played for four or five months people would have been saying it was a mistake not to have given him any game time.

It's ok saying that now,hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Really bad news, been a top performer for years. Standard rehab is 6 months, i am told this can be shortened a bit with extensive physio work but in reality he's gone for the season now. Looks like Hall will get a prolonged run at full back and hopefully Hardcastle is fit to fill in the centre slot. A tough one to stomach but we must keep rolling. Would like to hear some word of forward recruitment but all seems quiet.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If we'd have had a reserve team we wouldn't have had to send him out for game time. He could have injured himself in blue & white instead. 😉

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Am confused now - are you agreeing with me?

No iam not,Mark as been hobbling about towards end of game for a few week so something wasn't right,so Pickersgill should have played so he could get fit. Anyway it is what it is.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

No iam not,Mark as been hobbling about towards end of game for a few week so something wasn't right,so Pickersgill should have played so he could get fit. Anyway it is what it is.

Ah, right. The original comment seemed to be suggesting it was stupid to loan Pickersgill out because of the injury risk to him, or maybe I just interpreted it wrong. 

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ah, right. The original comment seemed to be suggesting it was stupid to loan Pickersgill out because of the injury risk to him, or maybe I just interpreted it wrong. 

It just seemed silly when Mark didn't look 100%.

Surely Big Mac would have asked if he was fit to play, and if he had said YES so be it. Terrible blow both for Mark and the team

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No i said at the time and still think it was stupid.The lad was fit and full back is an easy position to come in to.You can practice catching in training and if you can't tackle you don't deserve to get into any team.We will have to re adjust our attacking game in the backs as Kheirallah is involved in 70% of the moves.Different with Holmes .Half backs and number 9's handle the ball a lot and need to stay sharp to come back in. it is much more difficult than at full back or winger.

It makes me laugh all this nonsense about we shouldn't have let him go on loan do you think the club gets a request and says off you go close the door on your way out it's a two way street If a player doesn't want to go he can sit in the stand and  pick up his money  there's nowt the club can do but if he wamts to go then it's in the clubs best interest to let him go and get some competative game time 

Then there's all this rubbish about he can do it in training NO he can't IF players could then why bother with pre-season frindlies 

Tell you what lets all blame pickersgilli instead he knew he had a dodgy back but still played for the bulls🤣

By the way I see kyle Trout signed 18 month contract with the cougars

Working on the presumption that it's the same knee we're talking about, didn't Kheirallah pick up the injury in that last-minute incident at Tottenham, when Sam Stone went through him scoring Leigh's final try? He was helped off at the hooter, then missed the following game at Newcastle (where Pickersgill played instead). A week later he played against Bradford on the Monday night, and was clearly not right, limping through much of the game, and was largely the same the following week at Leigh.

While I appreciate nobody can predict when injuries are going to occur, the signs were there, and in the context of the above, not giving Pickersgill more of a run at the time to allow Kheirallah a longer rest and rehab period, instead sending him over to Bradford for game time, looks to me to have been an idiotic decision, which now feels disastrous in view of the consequent injuries to both.

I should add that I wish both of them a full and speedy recovery, they've been excellent for us this year and I look forward to seeing both back in a Fev shirt as soon as possible.

Edited by Adam B
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, RobLambert said:

What with his 3 sub rule....

We can joke about it, but if it's even a little bit true that McD has at times chosen to not use all his interchanges in games, he really needs to have a look at himself.

The brutality/physicality/intensity of today's game coupled with the number of part-time (and/or not 100% fit) lads we've got out there at times makes the careful use of all your subs an absolutely essential part of the plan.

Ford not getting on against Batley, and Eseh not getting a run out at any stage last week were mind-boggling decisions.