Wed 3rd-Sun 7th Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, RBKnight said:

York have beaten Batley and Barrow away this season. Is Fax's run-in in danger of being blighted by injuries and suspensions ? I don't know their remaining fixtures.....

Fax remaing fixtures are Batley(h), Sheffield(a), Newcastle(h), Bradford(h), Widnes(a), Fev(h). Its not unrealistic for us to 5/6 of those but the loss can't afford to be against Batley and Batley should just about clinch 3rd with victory on Sunday baring a massive drop off in form. A couple of tricky away games at Sheffield and Widnes for us but if you want to say you are the 3rd best team in the league then those are the ones that need to be won. I don't think Fev will be too bothered either way on the last game of the regular season but at the moment i would be disappointed if we didn't win that one even as it stands with key players missing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Given the gap between Fev and Leigh i see the Fax v Batley match as being the game of the season so far. Both teams are very evenly matched i feel. If Fax can get back to their pre London form i can see them getting the two points. Anything less than top form and Batley could get the points and with it 3rd place probably. It's sure to be a cracker either way. 🏉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Given the gap between Fev and Leigh i see the Fax v Batley match as being the game of the season so far. Both teams are very evenly matched i feel. If Fax can get back to their pre London form i can see them getting the two points. Anything less than top form and Batley could get the points and with it 3rd place probably. It's sure to be a cracker either way. 🏉

Better then some of that in SL.

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Sorry state of affairs when i cant say with and confidence that my team will beat a team bottom of the league with only 1 win all year. 

Embarrasing really 😥

You could be a London Fan.  At least you know you will be around next year.

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Sorry state of affairs when i cant say with and confidence that my team will beat a team bottom of the league with only 1 win all year. 

Embarrasing really 😥

I wouldn’t worry 

SUNDAY 7th AUGUST
Bradford Bulls v Workington Town Bradford by 30
Dewsbury Rams v York City Knights York by 22
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 2
Leigh Centurions v Barrow Raiders Leigh by 18
Newcastle Thunder v London Broncos Newcastle by 8
Sheffield Eagles v Whitehaven Eagles by 10
Widnes Vikings v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 16

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

SUNDAY 7th AUGUST
Bradford Bulls v Workington Town Bradford by 18
Dewsbury Rams v York City Knights York by 26
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs Fax by 8
Leigh Centurions v Barrow Raiders Leigh by 38
Newcastle Thunder v London Broncos Newcastle by 8
Sheffield Eagles v Whitehaven Eagles by 12
Widnes Vikings v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 6

Widnes 12 Featherstone 6 after 33 minutes. Slightly against the run of play, as Fev have dominated for a while but not been able to score. Their try came from a blatantly forward pass though. Widnes missing quite a few players, some of whom I suspect would've played if there was anything at stake.

6 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes 12 Featherstone 6 after 33 minutes. Slightly against the run of play, as Fev have dominated for a while but not been able to score. Their try came from a blatantly forward pass though. Widnes missing quite a few players, some of whom I suspect would've played if there was anything at stake.

Fev missing quite a few players as well.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Fev missing quite a few players as well.

Yes. Widnes seem to have 'rested' a couple though.

12-6 HT. Fev do look the more dangerous team though.

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

Yes. Widnes seem to have 'rested' a couple though.

12-6 HT. Fev do look the more dangerous team though.

Something doesn't feel right at Rovers ,there's quite a few un happy fan's. There's no flowing rugby like last season either.

Game on at Widnes. Interception try for Jake Spedding to go the length of the pitch puts Widnes in the lead, completely against the run of play with Rovers having been camped out on the Widnes line for pretty much the whole second half.

Widnes 16 Featherstone 14 after 68 minutes.