The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

55 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Leeming announced by Wigan for next year, very good signing for them

Great signing if Wigan get a couple of decent props now they’ll take some stopping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

Wigan also sign Chan from Catalans on a 3 year contract.

Walters is potentially a good signing but Chan isn’t the biggest middle & that’s where we’ve been lacking.

Edited by Davo5

All good signings for Wigan, although the timing of the announcements is quite surprising. It's a rarity these days to see a signing for the following year officially confirmed before the GF, let alone 3 in a day. Usually clubs just sit on these until the season is over.

Wigan also sign Chan from Catalans on a 3 year contract.

Not as convinced by Chan but still a good solid signing. Wigan certainly looking the team to beat next year. Just a big prop needed to give what is essentially a small side some momentum. 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Walters is potentially a good signing but Chan isn’t the biggest middle & that’s where we’ve been lacking.

I think both might see some time in the back row as well. It feels like we’ve tried to identify a couple of younger forwards to add some depth after losing lads like Nicholson and McDonnell, who are going well elsewhere. 

We still need an experienced forward now to round things off in the pack but it’s a pleasing start. The next job after that will be to sort the right centre spot out. It’s good to see us on the front foot because it’s not always like that. 

52 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Another excellent signing can’t believe Leeds are letting him go. 

I’ve read this a lot about ‘letting him go’ (mainly by Leeds fans to have a go at the club which is a lot of Leeds fan’s favourite hobby)

We offered him a good deal, Wogan offered him a better one, along with it being closer to home it meant hes moving on.

We didn’t let him go, he chose to go elsewhere. It happens and whilst he is a good young player in a salary capped sport you can’t always get into a bidding war.

some Leeds fans also saying we let our best young kids go whilst clubs like Wigan don’t- the same ones that will be cheering on James McDonnell, and forgetting Walters came from Widnes.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Hopefully we can now see the back of Singleton, Mago and Isa.

First two will definitely go but I’m not sure on Isa. He’s had a really good season so far but he’s getting no younger and if we can replace him with an experienced overseas second rower, they might be best served doing it. 

26 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’ve read this a lot about ‘letting him go’ (mainly by Leeds fans to have a go at the club which is a lot of Leeds fan’s favourite hobby)

We offered him a good deal, Wogan offered him a better one, along with it being closer to home it meant hes moving on.

We didn’t let him go, he chose to go elsewhere. It happens and whilst he is a good young player in a salary capped sport you can’t always get into a bidding war.

some Leeds fans also saying we let our best young kids go whilst clubs like Wigan don’t- the same ones that will be cheering on James McDonnell, and forgetting Walters came from Widnes.

Gazumped by Wogan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very disappointing for Leeds to lose Walters. Him plus Oledzki, Holroyd, Gannon, McDonnell and Cam Smith is/was set to be the best pack in the league for the next decade.

No idea what Wigan are doing giving Leeming a four year deal though. Bonkers.

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

Very disappointing for Leeds to lose Walters. Him plus Oledzki, Holroyd, Gannon, McDonnell and Cam Smith is/was set to be the best pack in the league for the next decade.

No idea what Wigan are doing giving Leeming a four year deal though. Bonkers.

Leeming wont see 4 years out

58 minutes ago, WN83 said:

First two will definitely go but I’m not sure on Isa. He’s had a really good season so far but he’s getting no younger and if we can replace him with an experienced overseas second rower, they might be best served doing it. 

Isa has had a good season ? Must have missed that game.

The deal for Leeming does seem a long one but we need more threat from dummy half and he'll bring a nice balance alongside Brad O'Neill. I've been really happy with his development this season. He's adding a good running threat to his game, he's a good defender and his distribution is getting better. We're clearly adding some more power in the forwards, so having a couple of hookers to take advantage of that will be useful for us. 

Hopefully we can now see the back of Singleton, Mago and Isa.

I’d add Ellis to that list & maybe Cust given his form this year,that free’s up some quota places for hopefully some quality imports.

10 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Isa has had a good season ? Must have missed that game.

There has been more than one, in fact he's been good in most of the games he's played. It's his best season in quite a while and I don't think I'm on my own with that view amongst Wigan fans. My worry with him is if injuries are creeping in and they are added to the bans he picks up, then we'd be better placed looking elsewhere.