The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like Wigan did with Sharrocks was Norman allowed to go to Leigh to come back and give the tactics to be employed, makes one wonder ?

Are you suggesting these top class coaching teams are too thick to suss out Leigh by just watching video's? 😀

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like Wigan did with Sharrocks was Norman allowed to go to Leigh to come back and give the tactics to be employed, makes one wonder ?

No one in their right mind would send a prop to do that. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Edited by bobbruce

53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Toulouse like Fev or any other Championship team that hopes to get to SL through promotion this season need to be signing players that can compete if they do go up, otherwise just another player that will need to be replaced.

As I've pointed out before Harry, what Championship teams hoping to be promoted need is an owner with loads of spare cash to spend on SL-quality players, a team that's so dominant they look virtually certain to go up, and ideally a coach whose son happens to be an NRL-quality half back. No Championship team at present ticks any of those boxes.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As I've pointed out before Harry, what Championship teams hoping to be promoted need is an owner with loads of spare cash to spend on SL-quality players, a team that's so dominant they look virtually certain to go up, and ideally a coach whose son happens to be an NRL-quality half back. No Championship team at present ticks any of those boxes.

You missed out that the coach should also be the Kangaroo's assistant 😉

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Honest question, percentage wise how do you envisage Fev's chances of being promoted?

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You missed out that the coach should also be the Kangaroo's assistant 😉

Lam is the biggest factor for me. Whether it's down to his knowledge of the Oz comps, his contacts or his pull as Oz assistant/PNG hero...I don't think there is a coach currently within the UK with a better hit rate of imports than him. Since coming over with Wigan 4 years ago he's brought French, Field, Asiata, Ipape, Lam Jr who are all in the conversation of best players in SL currently, not to mention other hidden gems like Amone/O'Donnell.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't know the lad, would you say he is SL quality?

Toulouse like Fev or any other Championship team that hopes to get to SL through promotion this season need to be signing players that can compete if they do go up, otherwise just another player that will need to be replaced.

Dimitri is very good, only 21 too...and French. SL no idea, time will tell. Toulouse don't have the budget to sign top players, besides, who is available? It's just musical chairs at the moment with the same players just swapping clubs. TO have a 2 year plan, it's not a disaster if they don't get promoted this year as they are building for a french future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Lam is the biggest factor for me. Whether it's down to his knowledge of the Oz comps, his contacts or his pull as Oz assistant/PNG hero...I don't think there is a coach currently within the UK with a better hit rate of imports than him. Since coming over with Wigan 4 years ago he's brought French, Field, Asiata, Ipape, Lam Jr who are all in the conversation of best players in SL currently, not to mention other hidden gems like Amone/O'Donnell.

Not according to the throngs of Wiggin fans on this site, Mr Lam has no idea of coaching a team and without the influence of Matty Peet Field and French would not be as good as they are.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honest question, percentage wise how do you envisage Fev's chances of being promoted?

I think we should just about be favourites. We've been the most consistent team by some way. But I know we don't have much margin for error and I've seen all our games this season. Did you see the Toulouse game at Fev Harry?

Much will depend on injuries between now and the play-offs and which teams are in good form in October.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think we should just about be favourites. We've been the most consistent team by some way. But I know we don't have much margin for error and I've seen all our games this season. Did you see the Toulouse game at Fev Harry?

Much will depend on injuries between now and the play-offs and which teams are in good form in October.

We've certainly had/ got our fair share of injuries.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Will know more in a couple of weeks when we play Batley. Since the Toulouse game our defence has looked so much better, however no disrespect the teams we have played against haven’t been the same quality. 
Thing with rugby it’s a game of fine margins against Toulouse Hall missed 3 out of 4 kicks which is not like him and just after half time we broke player either side should have been an easy score instead we take the ball into the tackle and loose it, then Toulouse go up the field and score.

But to answer your question I would say about 65-70% to win promotion.

Edited by Daft old hooker
Typo

9 hours ago, LINNERS said:

Drink it in.

This is why you should never be too serious on a fans forum. If you are serious about everything you say people are just going to hold it against you and remind you of it at every opportunity. It took me about 15 years to learn that though. RagingBull is clearly a young pup and he will get there eventually and learn to take life less serious. Until then its glorious that people keep reminding him of this. 🤣

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Will know more in a couple of weeks when we play Batley. Since the Toulouse game our defence has looked so much better, however no disrespect the teams we have played against haven’t been the same quality. 
Thing with rugby it’s a game of fine margins against Toulouse Hall missed 3 out of 4 kicks which is not like him and just after half time we broke player either side should have been an easy score instead we take the ball into the tackle and loose it, then Toulouse go up the field and score.

From a betting standpoint 70% would be about right considering a home semi-final and a home final where Fev would start each game as quite large favs. If you think Toulouse would not be a large dog then its probably closer to 50% but thats still pretty decent odds really.

10 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

After the recent losses in Grand Finals and last season's semi for Fev, I can understand you lot having 'squeaky bums' going into the play-offs, but sometimes you can be to close to the action and examine everything under the microscope to deeply. If like me you are stood back somewhat and look at the bigger picture in wide screen and glorious technicolour you get a far different aspect, as I said in a previous post the loss to T.O. at your place has not caused you any problems (bhuggered up my pre season prediction) in fact the coaches, team and club will have learned more from that defeat than winning, you will be fine. I have you at least 90% to walk away with the 'Big Gong', it is Fev's to lose no one will just take it of you.

21 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

One major factor for Fev has been the return of Mark Kheirallah, who has been fantastic in recent weeks. When you add in the improvement that Hau is making, this will most likely be a better Fev team that finishes the season than started it. 

Ford and Killer got TO over the SL goal line, I suspect they will do the same for Fev.

15 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Lam mentioned in his post match interview following the Cas game that he was recalled last week by Saints. Bit frustrating when Wellens doesn't seem to have any intention of playing him at Saints but can understand them not wanting to strengthen our team with the Semi final looming

It was just an initial 2 week loan agreement and then to be extended on a week to week basis, so not really him be recalled more like Saints just not extending the agreement. Still surprised they did it though given he's nowhere near a 1st team selection at the moment.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Ford and Killer got TO over the SL goal line, I suspect they will do the same for Fev.

Both getting on a bit, but have been superb when fit. Hopefully Ford will be back for the back end of the season. Killer is as good as new, a year out, but you wouldn’t know it. Fingers crossed that we have these two fit for the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

After the recent losses in Grand Finals and last season's semi for Fev, I can understand you lot having 'squeaky bums' going into the play-offs, but sometimes you can be to close to the action and examine everything under the microscope to deeply. If like me you are stood back somewhat and look at the bigger picture in wide screen and glorious technicolour you get a far different aspect, as I said in a previous post the loss to T.O. at your place has not caused you any problems (bhuggered up my pre season prediction) in fact the coaches, team and club will have learned more from that defeat than winning, you will be fine. I have you at least 90% to walk away with the 'Big Gong', it is Fev's to lose no one will just take it of you.

You wouldn't make a good bookie Harry. That would put them at about a 95% chance of winning those 2 individual games. Against Batley or Toulouse would Fev fans be that confident?

• Like 1