The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

If Croft goes then I think those people who donated some of their hard earned money to Salfords cause earlier in the year have every single right to be aggrieved, the club appears to have been acting somewhat dishonestly by saying it is no longer a selling club, Dupree and seemingly now Croft being sold makes a mockery of that particular statement, its simply not good enough and lacks integrity.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Red Willow said:

This is the bit about central funding

We’ve been told that next years’ distributions will likely, best-case, top out at around £1.31m – almost £200k less than was discussed during the realignment process with the RFL and around £800k less than they were just six years ago. Our given agreement to realign was contingent on the assurance of £1.5m.

This reduction – alongside a further near £100k reduction to 2023’s distributions that we were told about last week – creates an approximate £300k shortfall for us over the next 12 months. This has been known for 8 months, which is particularly aggravating given the lengths to which we’ve gone to in ensuring the Club’s welfare in that time.

Am I missing something? Anyone who even has afleeting interest in RL knew the TV deal would be considerably less. Surely they weren't planning for next year on a figure discussed 3 years a go!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bull Mania said:

Am I missing something? Anyone who even has afleeting interest in RL knew the TV deal would be considerably less. Surely they weren't planning for next year on a figure discussed 3 years a go!! 

If we believe what is said then SL clubs asked the RFL how much they would be allocated from the new TV deal and budgeted on that. Unfortunately what they were told was wrong and £190k less. Hence the discomfort.

So if the TV deal is £20m per year and each SL clubs gets £1.3m, then where is the remaining £4.8m?

Certainly not yer Championship/League 1 clubs nor BARLA.

Just to recall.......

https://www.sportcal.com/financial/huge-severance-payments-to-former-execs-contribute-to-rfls-1m-losses/

• Like 1

So Leeds are rumored to have an announcement for a big sponsorship deal tomorrow. 

We once had a similar big money deal spent it all and almost died . We had a different management then 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

4 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

So Leeds are rumored to have an announcement for a big sponsorship deal tomorrow. 

We once had a similar big money deal spent it all and almost died . We had a different management then 

Ive got a feeling the sponsor will be Caddick Construction and they will be planning to buy the cricket part of the stadium aswell to stop Mike Ashley buying it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive got a feeling the sponsor will be Caddick Construction and they will be planning to buy the cricket part of the stadium aswell to stop Mike Ashley buying it.

Yes and as MJM has said YCC are scaring off potential sponsors 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, M j M said:

I know I was being a bit cheeky TBH

9 minutes ago, M j M said:

I might be being thick here, but I'm genuinely intrigued why those pages (and many others) exist?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I might be being thick here, but I'm genuinely intrigued why those pages (and many others) exist?

I think they load the whole league into a database which match reports and team listings refer to.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

I think they load the whole league into a database which match reports and team listings refer to.

It requires a pretty simple slice of code to not serve pages which name non-Leeds players. In fact, one single sentence of code would do it.

I'm genuinely amazed that Fluid's content management system doesn't do it. Amateurish doesn't quite capture it. Great for stuff like this though, well played you two 😃

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Erm the reality is dear Derrell Olphert.

5 hours ago, DG70 said:

If Croft goes then I think those people who donated some of their hard earned money to Salfords cause earlier in the year have every single right to be aggrieved, the club appears to have been acting somewhat dishonestly by saying it is no longer a selling club, Dupree and seemingly now Croft being sold makes a mockery of that particular statement, its simply not good enough and lacks integrity.

Think most Salford fans are aware of the restrictions on the club. We will always sell if the amount  is right

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Looks like you’re getting Nene Macdonald next year, must be part of the Croft deal surely?

Given MacDonald is probably replacing Ken Sio so not so sure.

Nah if he is coming and you had a new wee bairn, would you want it to learn a Salford/Manc accent or Yorkshire. 😃

Salford

Yorkshire.

https://youtu.be/ScELaXMCVis?feature=shared