The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

Don't follow Intsagram but those that follow Tommy Mak saw a post he put up over the weekend as a bit of teaser, pic of him & Luke Thompson with the words "Sorted for 2023" with the Saints Angel emoji. 

Been told Thompson's missus is pregnant so wants to come back to the UK. Also looks like Bell could be on his way to Salford to free up cap space.

Could well see Tommo back sooner rather than later !!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good Championship centre, no more.

A Good Championship centre, H who has just been named Toulouse Olympique's Player of The Season so if he can bring some of that to FEV I will be a happy bunny🐰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, POR said:

A Good Championship centre, H who has just been named Toulouse Olympique's Player of The Season so if he can bring some of that to FEV I will be a happy bunny🐰

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I agree, having been voted player of the season at a SL club this year, he can be described as a good Championship centre no more 😜

OK it was a few years ago, but he played 7 games for Leigh but then sent out on loan to Swinton and Barrow for the best part of 2 seasons, Wigan wouldn't have sent him back to Swinton then to London if he had come up to expectations, I havn't seen many SL clubs coming in for him since he became available, I was just giving my opinion and that you both disagree fine, but good luck to the lad and to Fev next year I really mean that, there is nothing that would please me more than seeing Fev get promoted, we still have P&R at the end of next season - don't we?

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

OK it was a few years ago

2014 I believe...

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

but he played 7 games for Leigh but then sent out on loan to Swinton and Barrow for the best part of 2 seasons, Wigan wouldn't have sent him back to Swinton then to London if he had come up to expectations

As I recall, Hankinson joined London on loan at around the same time as another SL centre, one who has spent most of his career being shunted around other Championship teams on loan,  you're going to be gutted when you find out which SL club he'll be playing for next season if that's your view...
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-secure-second-super-league-loan-signing/

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

2014 I believe...

As I recall, Chamberlain joined London on loan at around the same time as another SL centre, one who has spent most of his career being shunted around other Championship teams on loan,  you're going to be gutted when you find out which SL club he'll be playing for next season if that's your view...
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-secure-second-super-league-loan-signing/

Hankinson is a really good signing,id take him over over Chamberlain who is pretty average every day of the week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

A very good champ centre , see fevs logic , hall is probably in his last season at that level and hardcastle is a better back rower.

Yes I think that's a fair assessment. For me Hall wasn't quite as effective last season as his previous couple of years, whether that was coach/tactics related or not I'm not sure. He might start the season at full back with Kheirallah aiming for an April return, but he might need to fight for his place especially with a recognised goal kicker newly signed. Hardy's move to the back row has been mooted for years and it probably does suit his skillset better.

Titus Gwaze leaves Fax to take up an opportunity elsewhere after failing to agree terms with Fax. Sounds like he wanted too much money and then told the club that he wanted to wait till the end of the season. Fax decided to sign other players rather than risk waiting.

I think he would be a decent pick up for any team in our league. Quite small for a forward but always made a big impact for us and was always one of our better players when on the pitch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Titus Gwaze leaves Fax to take up an opportunity elsewhere after failing to agree terms with Fax. Sounds like he wanted too much money and then told the club that he wanted to wait till the end of the season. Fax decided to sign other players rather than risk waiting.

I think he would be a decent pick up for any team in our league. Quite small for a forward but always made a big impact for us and was always one of our better players when on the pitch.

Must admit a little disappointed with this one it’s 50/50 who will regret it the most , the club or the player. Fax have done a good job of keeping signings quiet , haven’t heard a thing apart from doro and king . I wonder if the new board will invest in some late signings.

On 17/10/2022 at 11:28, Davo5 said:

Hankinson is a really good signing,id take him over over Chamberlain who is pretty average every day of the week.

Yeah you have said that before and that is your opinion from afar Dav, but I have watched - in actually being in attendance - for most if the Leigh games thus season and Chamberlain has not been 'pretty average' he has been 'well above' average in pretty much all the games he has performed in, granted next season is a different matter we shall have to see how he goes.

I saw a mate yesterday who had been walking to the Morrison's on the LSV complex, he said he was sure that Mr Beaumont was with Zak Hardacre going into the stadium, my reaction was I thought Hardacre did not like travelling over here and wanted to be closer to home, and isn't he rumoured to be joining Hull FC, do I want it to be true and Leigh sign him, not to sure on that one.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I saw a mate yesterday who had been walking to the Morrison's on the LSV complex, he said he was sure that Mr Beaumont was with Zak Hardacre going into the stadium, my reaction was I thought Hardacre did not like travelling over here and wanted to be closer to home, and isn't he rumoured to be joining Hull FC, do I want it to be true and Leigh sign him, not to sure on that one.

It used to take him 5 hours some days to get home from Wigan training to Ponte, so if you believe that, there's every chance he could move to Leigh. 

Rumour has it he asked not to be selected for the World Cup as he was worried about the 24 hour coach journey from the team hotel to Newcastle for the opener and that's before we take in to account the potential of a 36 hour sleeper train down to London for a semi. 

In short, I wouldn't rule it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah you have said that before and that is your opinion from afar Dav, but I have watched - in actually being in attendance - for most if the Leigh games thus season and Chamberlain has not been 'pretty average' he has been 'well above' average in pretty much all the games he has performed in, granted next season is a different matter we shall have to see how he goes.

Pretty sure I’ve seen more of Chamberlain “live” than you’ve watched Hankinson.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This last season re  Chamberlain?

Oh so you use the whole of Hankinson’s career to claim he’s no better than a good Championship player but only use last season as a gauge to Chamberlain’s ability,how so very Harry.

50 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Think you'd need viable rail access to temp Zak back over the pennines 😜 Commuting along the M62 from Ponte to Greater Manchester isn't conducive to a happy family life, as my wife would have screamed at you 20 years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Oh so you use the whole of Hankinson’s career to claim he’s no better than a good Championship player but only use last season as a gauge to Chamberlain’s ability,how so very Harry.

Correction please, but those many games of Chamberlain you have seen would have been in '15/'16 at Whitehaven, If so you judge him not on present form but from 6/7 years ago?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Think you'd need viable rail access to temp Zak back over the pennines 😜 Commuting along the M62 from Ponte to Greater Manchester isn't conducive to a happy family life, as my wife would have screamed at you 20 years ago.

There is a viable Railway link 10 mins away from the LSV mainline Manchester then across the big hill, but as I said David it was only being told by someone yesterday who said they saw him.

I know very well what your good lady means, I had offices in Leeds, Halufax and Teesside which I had to visit quite often.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is a viable Railway link 10 mins away from the LSV mainline Manchester then across the big hill, but as I said David it was only being told by someone yesterday who said they saw him.

I know very well what your good lady means, I had offices in Leeds, Halufax and Teesside which I had to visit quite often.

We've signed Luis Roberts from you guys. Any good?

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

We've signed Luis Roberts from you guys. Any good?

He was originally at Salford had just a few games and couldn't get a starting place.

Chamberlain was also at Salford and was nothing more than a squad player, we let him go and kept Burke which probably says everything.