The World Cup

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I like going to michelin star restaurants. 

I also enjoy eating at Nando's. 

we do contracting work for nandos - was at the one in ashton  yesterday - never seen as many rat traps round the back of a lock up before  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

well I am looking forward to the Guana batz and the spunyboys in November - different levels i think 

I am happy to accept that people have different tastes in music.

But from a Rugby League perspective, why is an unknown band from the 80's better than a well known band from the 2000's?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I am happy to accept that people have different tastes in music.

But from a Rugby League perspective, why is an unknown band from the 80's better than a well known band from the 2000's?

never said one thing was better than than the other - of course I wouldn't expect any of my stuff to be on but theres a glut of mediocre around to choose from - uninspiring rubbish = totally predictable choice 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

never said one thing was better than than the other

37 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

quality what ? quality manure?  one of the worst and most overrated bands  of the past 20 years - utterly insulting to people who know the slightest thing about music

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, MattSantos said:

There's a youtube clip of Peacock putting Mason on his backside in Sydney. It has, what turns out to be an embrace song playing. It's a fantastic watch.

Anyway, doing some work and the song randomly comes onto my Spotify shuffle as that's what shuffles do.. Immediate and mega goosebumps and i cant explain how excited i am all of a sudden.

Embarrassingly, I find that video moving on a scale you wouldn't believe.  After watching it countless times, when Mason takes Long out, I still go haywire.

Remember watching the game live with my girlfriend all those years ago, and as the ball starts to move out to Raynor, screaming "We're in here! We're in!".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Of course, if you like what is known as music for the "hard of thinking"

Thanks for that.  Let me know what you like and I will slag it off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, that about sums it up, that stuff called rapping is mainstream popular and that has as much connection with music as Henderson Gill had with winning a beauty contest.

Harry, this isn't a music forum, is it?

Given over 99% of the people on "actual" music forums know less than zero about music, I don't think we should be debating it here.

Seriously.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Like 1

This might help. Just checking the squads and the website has usefully taken the last letter off the end of the Fiji player's names. I am looking forward to seeing tbc tbc playing though, great young prospect but a bit of an unknown.

image.png.456f63e347a9641f8bcdb9b2fe0447ba.png

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

39 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Embarrassingly, I find that video moving on a scale you wouldn't believe.  After watching it countless times, when Mason takes Long out, I still go haywire.

Remember watching the game live with my girlfriend all those years ago, and as the ball starts to move out to Raynor, screaming "We're in here! We're in!".

I will watch that video 4-5 times in the week leading up to the World Cup kick off, I do every time there is test rugby.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I will watch that video 4-5 times in the week leading up to the World Cup kick off, I do every time there is test rugby.

Right, you've convinced me, watching it now. Expect tears and expletives.

Here. If anyone else wants to join in:

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Like 1

Wane apparently might be using players that's not in the 24 man squad for the world cup in the warm up game this week against fiji. Is that a good call? That's definitely confusing and it doesn't make any sense at all

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Wane apparently might be using players that's not in the 24 man squad for the world cup in the warm up game this week against fiji. Is that a good call? That's definitely confusing and it doesn't make any sense at all

New Zealand are doing it to. They are including the likes of Willie Isa and Thomas leuluai In the Leeds game.

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

New Zealand are doing it to. They are including the likes of Willie Isa and Thomas leuluai In the Leeds game.

That I understand because they're playing a club team like Leeds and they had 7 players in the nrl final. England are playing a international team. Wouldn't you want to make the most of that match to get the combination right? Because I know for sure fiji will

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojo said:

That I understand because they're playing a club team like Leeds and they had 7 players in the nrl final. England are playing a international team. Wouldn't you want to make the most of that match to get the combination right? Because I know for sure fiji will

Yeah it’s quite strange. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mojo said:

I doubt he’ll want to play players who played in the GF. So probably giving other players in the squad a game and they need a few bodies in to make up the numbers. 

• Like 1