The World Cup

3 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Sorry for the confusion I meant england can be beaten by PNG too just like samoa and Tonga. But like I said almost everything will have to be in PNG favour for that to happen

Yes of course. PNG are a really entertaining side and I believe they could beat anyone (maybe not aus or nz) on the there day. They have a really talented back line and great edge fowards. Ipape is phenomenal and I have no doubt we’ll be talking about him being one of the best hookers in in the world in a few years.

I genuinely can’t wait for that Tonga test. It’s probably the game I’m most excited for in the group stage and with No Taumalolo it should make a really close, entertaining game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Well no, obviously not that! 😆

Although it is interesting that Leeds cheap tickets (including Western Terrace) are selling more poorly than more expensive seats. 

Compare to Bolton for example:

Cat E: sold out

Cat D : sold out

Cat C :70% sold

Cat B: 55% sold

Cat A: not mentioned

That's because, contrary to popular opinion, we're not that tight on this side of the hill! Perhaps those jokes come from an inferiority complex??

In all seriousness I expect that having the Newcastle game on the Saturday and Jamaica vs Ireland on the Sunday at Headingley will have been a lot of competition for ticket buyers.

I really hope that the game can keep trying to raise awareness of the world cup, quite frightening that at the weekend a work colleague mentioned he had watched part of the nrl grand final but was totally unaware of the looming world cup,managed to point him in the right direction and left him fighting with the website as he tries to buy tickets for the Ireland games

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I really hope that the game can keep trying to raise awareness of the world cup, quite frightening that at the weekend a work colleague mentioned he had watched part of the nrl grand final but was totally unaware of the looming world cup,managed to point him in the right direction and left him fighting with the website as he tries to buy tickets for the Ireland games

yep - a lot of people in my very wide circle of work and even friends don't have a scooby its even taking place 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

35 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I have said for some time that this World Cup team seem to be doing as well as we can expect on raising awareness.  The draw live from Buckingham Palace, the venues announced live on the BBC and lot's of social media work.

I think once the tournament starts there will be a significant uplift in attention and the whole thing will build in momentum as it progresses.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

in my very wide circle of work and even friends

Show off.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, MattSantos said:

There's a youtube clip of Peacock putting Mason on his backside in Sydney. It has, what turns out to be an embrace song playing. It's a fantastic watch.

Anyway, doing some work and the song randomly comes onto my Spotify shuffle as that's what shuffles do.. Immediate and mega goosebumps and i cant explain how excited i am all of a sudden.

I know immediately what song you are talking about. Brought back a few memories, so I have been playing it all day too. I think I will adopt it as my personal world cup song 👊

On 03/10/2022 at 13:13, Ragingbull said:

Wales wont win a single game.  Absolute terrible squad.  Sad to see how far the game has fallen in Wales

A weak squad compounded by withdrawals and injuries isn’t a good reflection of the health of rugby league - far from it in fact.

Welsh RL is in great shape away from the context of the men’s national team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

I know immediately what song you are talking about. Brought back a few memories, so I have been playing it all day too. I think I will adopt it as my personal world cup song 👊

I have a huge collection of vinyl - cds - mp3s - etc -going into the thousands I REFUSE to include any ub40 - madonna - kaiser chiefs or sodding embrace 

On 03/10/2022 at 07:20, Mojo said:

The stats you bought up clearly shows Ofahengaue is better lol the meters run he's behind by only a few but tackle breaks and offloads he's better than most of them. Are we judging on meters run only? Because that seems to be the only thing your comparing right now

Ofahengaue is nowhere near Taukeiaho, Tatola or Fonua-Blake.

59 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

my very wide circle of work and even friends

37 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Show off.

Unlike me who used to ring the speaking clock just to talk to someone . I rang the Samaritans once and they hung up . Luckily I like my own company 

• Like 1

Kaiser Chiefs the pre-match entertainment for the Newcastle game.  That's pretty good, they are quality.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Kaiser Chiefs the pre-match entertainment for the Newcastle game.  That's pretty good, they are quality.

quality what ? quality manure?  one of the worst and most overrated bands  of the past 20 years - utterly insulting to people who know the slightest thing about music 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

quality what ? quality manure?  one of the worst and most overrated bands  of the past 20 years - utterly insulting to people who know the slightest thing about music 

Jeez johnny.  I realise your outlook on life is glass half full (edit... empty, I meant empty)  but these days it seems like you don't even have a glass.

Edited by Dunbar

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Jeez johnny.  I realise your outlook on life is glass half full but these days it seems like you don't even have a glass.

dunbar - they released "i predict a riot 20 years ago " it did nowt and got popular 2 years later- then wrote some melodies around choruses such as the ruby rubbish - are they even relevant anymore- no idea

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I'm really surprised by this post. 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

dunbar - they released "i predict a riot 20 years ago " it did nowt and got popular 2 years later- then wrote some melodies around choruses such as the ruby rubbish - are they even relevant anymore- no idea

I like them.

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

This is a quote from their wiki:

plus a further two Top 20 singles in 2007 with "The Angry Mob" and "Everything Is Average Nowadays". 

Sounds like they would be right up your street... 

• Haha 3

Just now, Dave T said:

This is a quote from their wiki:

plus a further two Top 20 singles in 2007 with "The Angry Mob" and "Everything Is Average Nowadays". 

Sounds like they would be right up your street... 

dave t- everyday i love you less and less 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I like them.

They are a decent enough selection. Not earth shattering, but mainstream popular and have a few hits everyone will have heard of. They are currently on an arena tour round the UK, so somebody is paying to see them. 

I don't think I've ever seen them over the years, so I'm looking forward to it 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They are a decent enough selection. Not earth shattering, but mainstream popular and have a few hits everyone will have heard of. They are currently on an arena tour round the UK, so somebody is paying to see them. 

I don't think I've ever seen them over the years, so I'm looking forward to it 

well I am looking forward to the Guana batz and the spunyboys in November - different levels i think 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

well I am looking forward to the Guana batz and the spunyboys in November - different levels i think 

I like going to michelin star restaurants. 

I also enjoy eating at Nando's.