Sat 3rd-Sun 4th Sept: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SATURDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER
North Wales Crusaders v Swinton Lions KO 14:30 
at Victoria Park, Warrington

SUNDAY 4th SEPTEMBER
Doncaster v London Skolars KO 15:00
Midlands Hurricanes v Cornwall KO 15:00
Oldham v Hunslet KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v Keighley Cougars KO 15:00

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER

SUNDAY 4th SEPTEMBER

North Wales Crusaders 24-34 Swinton

Doncaster 26-10 London Skolars

Midlands Hurricanes 18-28 Cornwall

Oldham 18-22 Hunslet

Rochdale 16-40 Keighley

Wins for Doncaster, Hurricanes, Oldham .......and Cougars, who will finish 20 wins from 20 games...

but Saturday is the BIG ONE, 3rd v 2nd, the winner finishes second, all to play for, it's a four pointer.....

Can North Wales Crusaders beat Swinton for a third time this season? Both teams will be trying all out to win this one; it should be a cracker.

Unsurprisingly, I'm predicting a Crusaders win....but it will be close.

56 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Rochdale's capacity limited to 952, initially it was 1600 and then the football club have lowered it again.

Really poor form as Keighley could have taken that amount themselves for such a historic game.

I feel for Rochdale, a pity they couldn't have moved the game and collected higher gate receipts elsewhere.

I was actually surprised that 1600 was announced. When North Wales Crusaders visited it was 952. I do feel for Rochdale Hornets; they are getting royally shafted by the football club, who not so very long ago got bailed out by the Hornets.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gogledd said:

I was actually surprised that 1600 was announced. When North Wales Crusaders visited it was 952. I do feel for Rochdale Hornets; they are getting royally shafted by the football club, who not so very long ago got bailed out by the Hornets.

Looks like short memories, could have made some much needed money Hornet's.

17 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Looks like short memories, could have made some much needed money Hornet's.

It down to restriction imposed by the football club who own the stadium. I'm sure Hornets would love a bigger capacity.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER

SUNDAY 4th SEPTEMBER

Cru

Skolars

cornwall

oldham

cougars

hornets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogledd said:

As long as someone informs IMG that a League 1 fixture sold out!

Very poor by the home club on the occasion that the visiting side could finish the campaign winning all of the fixtures and go into the history books/computers/records.

Such a poor attendance only reflects badly on the sport in 2022.

Can only get better;hopefully.

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On recent evidence, and the neutral venue, I'm going for Swinton, though not by anything near enough to threaten the 76-point swing that (I think?) could lift Doncaster into third.

Concur on how sad it is that Hornets, who've done more than the football club have ever done, are being shafted out of Spotland.

Crusaders 16-28 Swinton

Doncaster 40-6 Skolars

Hurricanes 32-6 Cornwall

Oldham 16-16 Hunslet

Hornets 12-40 Cougars

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cougarmaniac said:

On recent evidence, and the neutral venue, I'm going for Swinton, though not by anything near enough to threaten the 76-point swing that (I think?) could lift Doncaster into third.

Recent evidence is North Wales Crusaders have played Swinton twice this season already...and have won twice.....and its not a neutral venue....Warrington has been annexed to become part of Cymru on Saturday and will be known as Tre Gwifren!!

20 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Cru (pretty please), Donny, Midlands, Hunslet, Keighley.

I'll go with that (keeping everything crossed). Can't go sat due to helping a friend with a house move, but will be keeping a very close eye on the score.... 

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

23 hours ago, gogledd said:

but Saturday is the BIG ONE, 3rd v 2nd, the winner finishes second, all to play for, it's a four pointer.....

it should be a cracker.

Unsurprisingly, I'm predicting a Crusaders win....but it will be close.

This game should be on Premier or our league!

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Oops. NOT a pleasant afternoon at Latchford RLFC for us Cru supporters. The club's problems with teams that have fast, mobile back divisions that work well together were once again exposed. Looked a good crowd, the majority seemed to be Swinton supporters, in what is a very nice stadium which exposes the difference between the game's heartlands and the rest. The Cru could now finish fourth if Donny put 50+ past the Skolars at home tomorrow - well within the bounds of possibility.

• Like 1

Just now, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Oops. NOT a pleasant afternoon at Latchford RLFC for us Cru supporters. The club's problems with teams that have fast, mobile back divisions that work well together were once again exposed. Looked a good crowd, the majority seemed to be Swinton supporters, in what is a very nice stadium which exposes the difference between the game's heartlands and the rest. The Cru could now finish fourth if Donny put 50+ past the Skolars at home tomorrow - well within the bounds of possibility.

I'm not optimistic. I expect a win tomorrow but 51 points is pushing it. I'm not that sure home advantage next week means much. I know this opinion won't be popular but I expect Dons to win regardless.