Fri 2nd Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 19:30

24 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Not really with all due respect his ceiling is low. Hes neither quick nor strong enough, no passing nor kicking game. Average with some flashes of decent.

Collected loads of kicks and cleaned up plenty in the corner. Tackled loads and did it well and didn't see him make any kicks. Didn't see him make many metres out of yardage but didn't fold either 

Not sure how playing Wigan with Smith kicking the way he did and plenty of other quality out there was a low ceiling 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Collected loads of kicks and cleaned up plenty in the corner. Tackled loads and did it well and didn't see him make any kicks. Didn't see him make many metres out of yardage but didn't fold either 

Not sure how playing Wigan with Smith kicking the way he did and plenty of other quality out there was a low ceiling 

Ive been following the lad for years in the local comp.

Ive seen him dozens of times. Id be surprised if he ever becomes more than a fringe player. 

Plus, the lad is an absolute bogan. Obnoxious and thinks hes god.

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Having a mismatched number of games and play offs 

Without play offs the season would have bee irrelevant but all for a couple of teams weeks ago, but you knew that any way.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Without play offs the season would have bee irrelevant but all for a couple of teams weeks ago, but you knew that any way.

Well that should be the price of underperforming. Play offs and glorified academy games hardly have fans flocking through the gates.

Just now, Damien said:

Well that should be the price of underperforming. Play offs and glorified academy games hardly have fans flocking through the gates.

Clubs and fans complained of meaningless games from mid season for years, now your complaining the final games of the season are meaningless. There has to be a point where some clubs have nothing to play for, oh ffs.

• Confused 2

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 minutes ago, Padge said:

Clubs and fans complained of meaningless games from mid season for years, now your complaining the final games of the season are meaningless. There has to be a point where some clubs have nothing to play for, oh ffs.

What a weird post with an awful lot of made up nonsense and assumptions.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Damien said:

What a weird post with an awful lot of made up nonsense and assumptions.

No it's not, it's all well documented.

• Haha 1

As mentioned earlier in the thread given Carcassonne effectively beat this side by 50 in elite one and they haven't played in months now you'd probably take keeping a decently strong Wigan under 50 as a win.

As for my count of French players, I currently have the number at 43 if you count the Chan boys and 41 without, I feel like I may have missed some obscure ones however so would love to be corrected by anyone who knows. One in particular that I know has been in the Dragons squads this year but am unsure whether he actually played a match is Florian Vailhen, at the moment I have him off the list as I can't recall one of him playing but it would be great if someone has a definitive answer there. 

Anyway here's a current list that'll take up half the page, I note Benjamin Laguerre is in the TO squad for their final match so we have another potential addition:

1. Matthieu Jussaume
2. Paul Marcon
3. Lucas Albert
4. Romain Navarrette
5. Anthony Marion
6. Eloi Pelissier
7. Maxime Puech
8. Ilias Bergal
9. Gadwin Springer
10. Justin Sangare
11. Hugo Pezet
12. Lambert Belmas
13. Maxime Stefani
14. Tony Gigot
15. Arthur Mourgue
16. Fouad Yaha
17. Julian Bousquet
18. Benjamin Garcia
19. Alrix Da Costa
20. Benjamin Julien
21. Paul Seguier
22. Mickael Goudemand
23. Matthieu Laguerre
24. Arthur Romano
25. Corentin Le Cam
26. Jordan Dezaria
27. Matthieu Cozza
28. Cesar Rouge
29 Romain Franco
30. Joe Chan
31. Tiaki Chan

32. Theo Fages
33. Morgan Escare
34. Bastian Scimone
35. Ugo Tison
36. Leo Laurent
37. Tanguy Zenon
38. Maxime Jobe
39. Mike Parenti
40. Hugo Salabio
41. Lucas Ribas
42. Loan Castano
43. Leo Llong

Edited by UTK
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Damien said:

Oh the irony when Leigh have stacked their team full of imports in the Championship and you have been saying all season they should be allowed to have unlimited imports, if promoted, so they can be competitive. 

My post was in direct response to last night's team being full of French lads, I merely pointed out that the best of French lads i.e. the national squad could not win the SL title, it would be like a team full of Leigh lads couldn't win L1, OK then do you think the French National team could win the SL title if it played in that division?

10 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Ive been following the lad for years in the local comp.

Ive seen him dozens of times. Id be surprised if he ever becomes more than a fringe player. 

Plus, the lad is an absolute bogan. Obnoxious and thinks hes god.

Fair enough but watching him with fresh eyes last night he showed potential 

Shame he's a ###### if that's true

Wigan played like it was a training run, the young Catalan team are very weak around the ruck in defence, Wigan went through the middle once and scored, but kept trying to go around them even after scoring this try. 

But I've seen the young team a few times maybe Wigan couldn't get any video footage of elite 1 games, does  this mean carcassonne are better than Wigan as they beat the Catalans with a bigger score 😂😉

Edited by barnyia

22 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Wigan played like it was a training run, the young Catalan team are very weak around the ruck in defence, Wigan went through the middle once and scored, but kept trying to go around them even after scoring this try. 

But I've seen the young team a few times maybe Wigan couldn't get any video footage of elite 1 games, does  this mean carcassonne are better than Wigan as they beat the Catalans with a bigger score 😂😉

Are all the younger players playing in elite 1?

8 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Mike Parenti was fantastic and stood his ground whilst marking one of the best wingers in the world. He was easily Catalans best in my opinion and has a lot of potential.

Not even close in my opinion. He was solid and put in a good performance but Tison was the standout to me. He looked first team quality hooker, played big minutes in the middle and excellent control of the ruck. Didn’t see him miss a tackle. He must be pushing Da Costa next year as back up hooker. 

After that, I had Chan as the next best, very industrious and strong in defence. Excellent work ethic. Parenti next. 

I was watching some of the more familiar fringe players and Le Cam’s defence was noticeably poor, quite a number of missed tackles or players who cut through by him. Romano’s defence always leaves a lot to be desired as well

Edited by DoubleD

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Not even close in my opinion. He was solid and put in a good performance but Tison was the standout to me. He looked first team quality hooker, played big minutes in the middle and excellent control of the ruck. Didn’t see him miss a tackle. He must be pushing Da Costa next year as back up hooker. 

After that, I had Chan as the next best, very industrious and strong in defence. Excellent work ethic. Parenti next. 

I was watching some of the more familiar fringe players and Le Cam’s defence was noticeably poor, quite a number of missed tackles or players who cut through by him. Romano’s defence always leaves a lot to be desired as well

Fair enough I thought Tison was great too Hopefully He can get a utility role of the bench for Catalans in the playoffs. 

• Like 1