Brett Hodgson Sacked

No it's not. A couple of weeks ago I was certain that he would be here at the start of next season. Obviously that performance in Saturday was the final straw. 

I do feel sorry for him. There are some things he did well and he seems like a really decent guy and the problems at the club go far beyond the coach.

Ultimately, whether or not this was the right call will depend on who we get in to replace him. The wrong appointment (again) will see us back to square one.

• Like 3

No other option for me, the way I felt when I left the game on Saturday I couldn’t see him being there any longer.

I have attended all the fearful drubbings this season but my head hasn’t been on fire like it was after that shambles of a derby effort.

Would love to see Tony Smith get the gig, he seems to be a man of principle and a decent coach, in spite of what others have said on here as soon as it was announced he was to leave his last job.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Who would want this job, clubs a mess coaching performance wise. 

any new coach will have to create a new culture or just a culture full stop. Its a really build from the foundations jib and 5 years minimum.

Hull have invested far too much on big pacific island players who too many have proved to be lazy and lacking real grit, inhouse player development is very poor, the decent players are too much show ponies, who disappear when it really matters.

• Like 1

From the outside looking in, there’s got to be underlying, long-standing issues at that club that goes well beyond whoever the coach is because they’ve finished 8th three times in the past five seasons, with sixth being the “high” in that period. Four years out of five of not finishing in the play-offs given the financial outlay and the playing roster at FC is, simply, shambolic. 

The next appointment you feel is massive for Hull. You’d think Tony Smith would be a shoe-in. Would he work with Pearson though?

• Like 1

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tony-smith-hull-fc-interest-7550059

Sounds like it's already sorted to me, Pearson is just delaying the inevitable.

My word, I'd love to see how he gets on here, at least the playing staff should all have respect for him.

Unlike the last few coaches, sadly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Live after death said:

Who would want this job, clubs a mess coaching performance wise. 

any new coach will have to create a new culture or just a culture full stop. Its a really build from the foundations jib and 5 years minimum.

Hull have invested far too much on big pacific island players who too many have proved to be lazy and lacking real grit, inhouse player development is very poor, the decent players are too much show ponies, who disappear when it really matters.

One thing that any new coach has in their favour is that the current batch of youngster looks to be the best in a long time. There's some very talented players in that 18-20 age bracket and if their transition to first team is handled well it could be a foundation for us to have a good period of (relative) success. Some big decisions need to be made in the first team, and the most important and difficult task is picking up a bunch of players who's confidence will be through the floor, and instilling a winners mindset and culture.

It will be an attractive job to a lot of people, its still one of the biggest coaching jobs in the game and the potential rewards are huge. But it's also one of the most difficult. Whoever gets it has got an awful lot of work to do.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tony-smith-hull-fc-interest-7550059

Sounds like it's already sorted to me, Pearson is just delaying the inevitable.

My word, I'd love to see how he gets on here, at least the playing staff should all have respect for him.

Unlike the last few coaches, sadly.

I'd be pretty happy with Smith. Bags of experience, respected throughout the game, and a pretty good track record. I also like the way he conducts himself.

8 minutes ago, MZH said:

I'd be pretty happy with Smith. Bags of experience, respected throughout the game, and a pretty good track record. I also like the way he conducts himself.

As I suggested earlier, unlike some on here.

Just now, haskey said:

I cannot see Hull fans over the moon if they appoint Tony Smith, after the way he left HKR in the lurch. 

Haha...you  must be joking!

Is the owner possibly a problem for the club? how much involvement does he have in the recruitment side of the club? they do seem to stick with players who don't appear to perform for quite a long time despite their constant struggles but yet they go through coaches rather quickly.

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Is the owner possibly a problem for the club? how much involvement does he have in the recruitment side of the club? they do seem to stick with players who don't appear to perform for quite a long time despite their constant struggles but yet they go through coaches rather quickly.

they are going through coaches quicker than Arriva 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

No other option for me, the way I felt when I left the game on Saturday I couldn’t see him being there any longer.

I have attended all the fearful drubbings this season but my head hasn’t been on fire like it was after that shambles of a derby effort.

Would love to see Tony Smith get the gig, he seems to be a man of principle and a decent coach, in spite of what others have said on here as soon as it was announced he was to leave his last job.

You would have to ask why he would want the gig at his time of life. 

13 minutes ago, daz39 said:

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

they are going through coaches quicker than Arriva 

Hull have only two head coaches in the last nine seasons plus Andy Last as caretaker coach between Lee Radford's departure and Brett Hodgson's arrival.  

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

He still lives in East Yorkshire, he left our nearest rivals under a cloud, for the life of me, I can't think of anything that would attract him more.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

He still lives in East Yorkshire, he left our nearest rivals under a cloud, for the life of me, I can't think of anything that would attract him more.

We're going to have some fun if he is the man.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I see your point, but I'm not sure where a man of his age, experience and temperament would have that mindset. How about Danny Ward?

Just now, Gordon Street said:

I see your point, but I'm not sure where a man of his age, experience and temperament would have that mindset. How about Danny Ward?

Isn't he 55?

Should he be looking for a retirement home?

In my mind he's a perfect fit.

15 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

It was interesting this evening listening to Paul Cooke's take on Smith taking the Hull KR job and why he would be interested in the Hull job.  It was on BBC Radio Humberside's Talk Sport programme so is probably available on BBC Sounds if anybody's interested in hearing it.