Jump to content

NRL Grand Final.


Recommended Posts


Two big errors there. 

The knock on before the line and now getting carried into touch. I understand why he went for it, but he always looked covered and surely had to succumb to being tackled and keeping possession

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Joey the Kangaroos are going away to the World Cup in a couple of weeks.  They will have missed the Fiji game then.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dunbar said:

According to Joey the Kangaroos are going away to the World Cup in a couple of weeks.  They will have missed the Fiji game then.

Good. 24-0 Fiji walkover 😂

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too good. From scoring the first try Penrith have never looked like being anything other than comfortable winners.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched about 20 minutes total of the whole game, Penrith`s relentless lift and drag back is against the spirit of the game for me, suffocates opposition teams attack and makes games unbearable to watch. 

I thought the whole point of the tackle was to get the opposing player to the ground, not the opposite. Showcase games like this deserve better.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I watched about 20 minutes total of the whole game, Penrith`s relentless lift and drag back is against the spirit of the game for me, suffocates opposition teams attack and makes games unbearable to watch. 

I thought the whole point of the tackle was to get the opposing player to the ground, not the opposite. Showcase games like this deserve better.

We have reached a point where the ball carrier tries to get to the ground and the tacklers tries to keep him up.

It definitely feels a bit Bizarro World.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Not the greatest of games for those wanting a close game but that said, Penrith were near perfect for much of that game and it was a pleasure to watch. 

can't add much more than that - maybe the greatest sporting unit on the face of the planet at the moment - it's up to the rest to try and get near them somehow but how is the question?

  • Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

We have reached a point where the ball carrier tries to get to the ground and the tacklers tries to keep him up.

It definitely feels a bit Bizarro World.

Dunbar I said that exact same thing to my son not 5 minutes ago when he rang me after the game. 

Ivan Cleary has realised what Melbourne did on the ground with the wrestle and was eventually outlawed, you can now do legally if you keep the player off the ground. Pure ###### tactical genius.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

can't add much more than that - maybe the greatest sporting unit on the face of the planet at the moment - it's up to the rest to try and get near them somehow but how is the question?

Outlaw all that in the tackle, because if that`s how you win competitions, then wake me up when it`s over. Because eventually they will outlaw it, because that stuff isn`t going to attract and keep new fans. Even the idiot Johns had a bit of a dig on the FTA coverage tonight about Penrith`s defensive tactics, and that`s saying something.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...