New coach if we need one.

spanishknight

10 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

McDermott named as new Knights coach. But don't worry it's Newcastle knights, he is their new assistant coach.

So that's one name to scratch of the list.

I'd already seen the article that he'd gone to the NRL but you had me in the first half of that post!

• Haha 1

Maybe he's not as bad a coach as the Fev fans say, maybe it was the players that weren't good enough.

• Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Maybe he's not as bad a coach as the Fev fans say, maybe it was the players that weren't good enough.

Trust me Simon it was Mcdermot, it was awful to watch nowt to do with the players. Swopping and changing  the team,dropping players for daft things. Honestly York don't need him. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

McDermott named as new Knights coach. But don't worry it's Newcastle knights, he is their new assistant coach.

So that's one name to scratch of the list.

Why. It’s not like contracts can’t be broken😁

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

13 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Trust me Simon it was Mcdermot, it was awful to watch nowt to do with the players. Swopping and changing  the team,dropping players for daft things. Honestly York don't need him. 

He probably did it on purpose. 

• Like 1

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

2 hours ago, andyacko said:

I think the timing of the announcement might be a pointer - four weeks??

Period of worked notice or end of the RLWC??

The more I think about it, I'm sure I know where my money is....

• Like 1

I feel like I'm too young to know about this Graham Steadman fella, only started watching rugby in 2003. 

Clearly from googling he was/is a York legend, but he has only had 1 coaching role and it was 18+ years ago? Why is his name being mentioned?

Edited by YCKonstantine
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

I feel like I'm too young to know about this Graham Steadman fella, only started watching rugby in 2003. 

Clearly from googling he was/is a York legend, but he has only had 1 coaching role and it was 18+ years ago? Why is his name being mentioned?

Because he was voted the best back ever to play for York rlfc, I prefer some one who is still in the game whether a Brit or an Aussie, all I want is to do better than last season and play great rugby.

I was a regular at Castleford when Steadman was in charge, going to most matches home and away. Just like at York he is a club legend there but he was badly let down by his signings and he was in charge for some of the season when Cas were relegated for the first time in their history.

The rugby on show was really poor - it made some of the ‘inside pass then kick it to the corner’ performances under Fordy look like Harlem Globetrotter stuff. 

He’s been out of the game almost 2 decades and wouldn’t be my choice but he is still highly respected and if he does get the job will have my full support.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

So?

Not trying to sound rude, but what does that have to do with it?

Probably nothing other than it's great having a York icon involved. However, we shouldn't think that he has been out of rugby for all that time as, after leaving league, he went on to coach in Union at Munster, Newcastle and Cardiff club teams and the Irish and Scottish national sides. So he's not as out of touch with modern sporting techniques as some are making out. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JonT said:

Probably nothing other than it's great having a York icon involved. However, we shouldn't think that he has been out of rugby for all that time as, after leaving league, he went on to coach in Union at Munster, Newcastle and Cardiff club teams and the Irish and Scottish national sides. So he's not as out of touch with modern sporting techniques as some are making out. 

Have him at the club in some capacity by all means, but head coach? I honestly don't think that's sensible. Surely if you are looking to employ a coach you'd look at all those available and choose one on merit and recent experience, not one who just happened to play for the club 40 odd years ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Have him at the club in some capacity by all means, but head coach? I honestly don't think that's sensible. Surely if you are looking to employ a coach you'd look at all those available and choose one on merit and recent experience, not one who just happened to play for the club 40 odd years ago.

Absolutely agree. He's not sole head coach material at all. Just wanted to set the record straight that he's hardly been twiddling his thumbs as some on TRL seem to think. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, andyacko said:

I think the timing of the announcement might be a pointer - four weeks??

Period of worked notice or end of the RLWC??

Why did you think I mentioned James Tedesco on another thread Acko? Right timing, plus one James out and another in. You know it's makes sense. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Sorry YCK but I for one will always mention his name. If I was to say that any York RL back in recent years was half as good as him then I'd be flattering em. Nuff said.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Sorry YCK but I for one will always mention his name. If I was to say that any York RL back in recent years was half as good as him then I'd be flattering em. Nuff said.

I’m not saying he isn’t the best player to ever play, I was asking why was he being mentioned as being the next coach when from what I could see he hadn’t coached since Castleford 18+ years ago 

• Like 3