1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Lebanon by 1 to 6 points
    • Lebanon by 7 to 12 points
    • Lebanon by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 19:00

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Where’s the crowd . This kiwi team is packed with stars and Lebanon have guys like Moses ? And things like no national anthem singer , it just seems disappointing and low key 

The no singer just comes across as cheap and is really easy to fix. You've got the Royal Northern College of Music up the road. Get a student or two from the singing course to lead it.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Day 1 was like world cup 2013 ........ Day 2 feels like world cup  2000

It's nowhere near as bad as that.

It's just like the games we've forgotten from 2013.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Where’s the crowd . This kiwi team is packed with stars and Lebanon have guys like Moses ? And things like no national anthem singer , it just seems disappointing and low key 

It’s disappoint isn’t it. 19:30 on a Sunday evening may be a factor. Over-saturation is definitely another factor.

I think back to Samoa vs NZ at Warrington in 2013 to contrast. 

Looks really ordinary and drab how they seem to be going about doing the anthems without any lead singer.

I felt a bit sorry for the Italians and Jamaicans earlier. Having someone leading the singing would have made both those anthems a lot more uplifting and impressive visually/aurally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Miss Isaac Luke and Adam Blair going crazy in the haka

True... but I don't miss those two going crazy in the first set of six and getting sent off. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The no singer just comes across as cheap and is really easy to fix. You've got the Royal Northern College of Music up the road. Get a student or two from the singing course to lead it.

I went to Scotland Italy and a local I went to school with ( fantastic singer ) sang an anthem 

• Like 1