YorkRLFC - Rebrand

BridKnight

Just now, spanishknight said:

It was on Facebook early this morning, think you could be right H.K.

Facebook, twitter etc., are fine for those who use social media, but there are many fans, especially the older ones, who don't, and the club need to recognise this and not alienate those supporters.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

couldn't agree more., York RLs colours are Amber and Black, it is great that the new owner wants to engage with our history but also push forward, carrying on the excellent work of John Flatman after the disastrous Guildford era. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Just watched a little clip of Antrobus, O'Hagan, a couple of the Knights ladies commenting on the new branding plus Graham Steadman also commenting, wonder if that's a clue to the new coach?.

All the time in the world for club legends like Steadman, but bringing them in as coach when they've been out of the game for 18 years would be asking for trouble in my opinion.

• Like 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I've eventually found it, but surely the club could have informed supporters of the new website address before it happened. Looks like the first step in attempting to become a Category A club under the new propsals.

I just tried the old site link and it automatically pointed me to the new website.

• Like 1

i was never a fan of us being york city knights, to me york city is a football team, and york RL is a rugby team (who play in black n amber) so im delighted with the return-rebrand and even happier that we have given the womens team its own identity. 'york city knights ladies' made no sense

well done to all concerned!

• Like 5

I think the rebrand looks great. Forward thinking to give the mens and ladies team their own identities, whilst still all under one club umbrella. I hope the disability team don’t get left out of all this. The disability team side of the club has come on leaps and bounds this year and is something the club should rightly be proud of. Now, all we need are some stonking new shirts for next season, BRING ON THE BLACK AND AMBER!!!!! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

All the time in the world for club legends like Steadman, but bringing them in as coach when they've been out of the game for 18 years would be asking for trouble in my opinion.

Would he want to leave his post as Head of Rugby at Hull Ionians RUFC ?.😉

Edited by Stirlin

12 hours ago, HolmeKnight said:

Valkyrie refers to a mythical female figure - SINGULAR. Not sure how this name makes sense.  Should it not be Valkyries?

It's like calling the men's team Knight.

this is indeed true. hopefully an 's' can be added sharpish! unless we intend fielding teams of 1?

Totally agree, the plural is: "Valkyries"

The Twitter handles are also inconsistent:   @YorkRLFCKnights  &  @YorkValkyrie    Should the Ladies be: @YorkRLFCValkyries ?

Oh, and finally this forum needs renaming!   

Always loads to cover with a rebrand.   All in all, a massive step forward.

#RiseUp

27 minutes ago, OhWhataKnight said:

Totally agree, the plural is: "Valkyries"

The Twitter handles are also inconsistent:   @YorkRLFCKnights  &  @YorkValkyrie    Should the Ladies be: @YorkRLFCValkyries ?

Oh, and finally this forum needs renaming!   

Always loads to cover with a rebrand.   All in all, a massive step forward.

#RiseUp

I can only assume YorkRLFCValkryies is too long as a handle. Yesterday it was YorkValky