2017 RLWC: 382,080

(13,646 per match)

2013 RLWC: 458,483

(16,374 per match)

2022 WOMEN’S EURO: 574,865

(18,544 per match)

ORIGINAL TARGET: 750,000

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Bet you'd have been chuffed if you had paid £70 and seen folk doing that.

Not blaming you at all mate, I would have done the same (indeed my dad and I did in 2013 at Cardiff for the Wales game after England), but I'm seeing a few people who have paid £70 etc for tickets and left doubting if it was worth it.

That is damaging imo, as ultimately these are the high value customers that are central to the drive in revenues the organisers are promoting. 

I had paid for the £50 bracket and it looked like people were in our seats, so we just went were we wanted. So not overly cheeky. 

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Bet you'd have been chuffed if you had paid £70 and seen folk doing that.

Not blaming you at all mate, I would have done the same (indeed my dad and I did in 2013 at Cardiff for the Wales game after England), but I'm seeing a few people who have paid £70 etc for tickets and left doubting if it was worth it.

That is damaging imo, as ultimately these are the high value customers that are central to the drive in revenues the organisers are promoting. 

I've been looking to buy cheap seats for two of the Wire games, Samoa v France, and the QF, both have sold out that category. 

I'd be very surpriaed if that was actually true. 

It's fine for me, but again, it'll mean my group which will be a small one. I've always been happy to miss out on tickets as it means sales are going well, but when yiu miss out on tickets that have not been sold its pretty rubbish. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've been looking to buy cheap seats for two of the Wire games, Samoa v France, and the QF, both have sold out that category. 

I'd be very surpriaed if that was actually true. 

It's fine for me, but again, it'll mean my group which will be a small one. I've always been happy to miss out on tickets as it means sales are going well, but when yiu miss out on tickets that have not been sold its pretty rubbish. 

So, it turns out I've already bought these and they are sat in my ticket account 🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

So, it turns out I've already bought these and they are sat in my ticket account 🤣

Entertainment Weekly — Read our original review of Memento ...

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Maybe we're starting to understand why 'sold' seats are empty on the night.

• Haha 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Dutton being Dutton. 

I'm interested in how they are correcting their mistake. 

Free ticket to the Middlesbrough game. 

3 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

TOTAL after DAY 3: 78,646 

PNG v Tonga: 10,409 

TOTAL after DAY 4: 89,055

TARGETS:

2000 RLWC: 263,921

(8,514 per match)

2017 RLWC: 382,080

(13,646 per match)

2013 RLWC: 458,483

(16,374 per match)

2022 WOMEN’S EURO: 574,865

(18,544 per match)

ORIGINAL TARGET: 750,000

I enjoy these emails Jimzy.

1 request if i may, could you give us a rolling average for this year? Clear that the total is 89,055 but when we get deeper into the comp, remembering how many games will be difficult.

Yours with love.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m calling rubbish on the RLWC’s claim about TV gantry. There is an existing TV gantry in the corner of the South Stand (that Sky use for Saints games for Jon Wells’ bits) away from the seats. Why would more need to be built?

Tbf they used a different TV studio at Headingley in one of the corners tbf 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m calling rubbish on the RLWC’s claim about TV gantry. There is an existing TV gantry in the corner of the South Stand (that Sky use for Saints games for Jon Wells’ bits) away from the seats. Why would more need to be built?

Apparently the gantry will be in that block for game 2.

Apparently the gantry will be in that block for game 2.

Interesting. Tickets in that block (SA) were on sale at one point as I’ve seen evidence online of people actually having tickets allocated in that block (one bought these a long time ago in 2021) for last night’s game. These people have also confirmed that they never had any email to say they were being moved to another block (or back to their existing block) considering there was going to be scaffolding on their heads. 

I’m still calling rubbish on this. It’s a greedy act to get more money out of people by claiming blocks were sold out and they’ve been called out for it now. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Interesting. Tickets in that block (SA) were on sale at one point as I’ve seen evidence online of people actually having tickets allocated in that block (one bought these a long time ago in 2021) for last night’s game. These people have also confirmed that they never had any email to say they were being moved to another block (or back to their existing block) considering there was going to be scaffolding on their heads. 

I’m still calling rubbish on this. It’s a greedy act to get more money out of people by claiming blocks were sold out and they’ve been called out for it now. 

I agree mate. I've called out the lies and gaslighting for a long time now. 

It's like they didn't realise that these things would catch up with them. 

I agree mate. I've called out the lies and gaslighting for a long time now. 

It's like they didn't realise that these things would catch up with them. 

You're assuming that they've got the brains to think of a strategy like this in the first place. I'd just put it down to incompetence.😄

3 minutes ago, faithfulbyname said:

You're assuming that they've got the brains to think of a strategy like this in the first place. I'd just put it down to incompetence.😄

It's absolutely incompetence, covered by spin and lies. And I don't just mean this instance 

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Dutton being Dutton. 

I'm interested in how they are correcting their mistake. 

Interesting.

BBC seem to be moving to having their pre-match/half time/full time punditry team in the open air in the stadium. Tanya Arnold, Hunter-Paul and Kear were however in a studio in Salford last night instead.

I've booked tickets for the Leeds semi-final and am going with my dad. He used to be a Leeds Utd season ticket holder and we decided to get tickets in the same block in the north-east corner that his season ticket used to be. When the tickets became available I notice we are behind the posts at the Gelderd End instead. The north-east corner was where BBC put their pundits on scaffolding for the Challenge Cup semi-finals this year and it was otherwise empty. I assume they plan to do the same thing for the world cup semi.

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

Interesting.

BBC seem to be moving to having their pre-match/half time/full time punditry team in the open air in the stadium. Tanya Arnold, Hunter-Paul and Kear were however in a studio in Salford last night instead.

I've booked tickets for the Leeds semi-final and am going with my dad. He used to be a Leeds Utd season ticket holder and we decided to get tickets in the same block in the north-east corner that his season ticket used to be. When the tickets became available I notice we are behind the posts at the Gelderd End instead. The north-east corner was where BBC put their pundits on scaffolding for the Challenge Cup semi-finals this year and it was otherwise empty. I assume they plan to do the same thing for the world cup semi.

I expect weather and channel affect the studio setup. Big games in key channels will probably have studios, lesser games maybe a casual style. 

We've been lucky with weather so far, maybe studios are a contingency 

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's absolutely incompetence, covered by spin and lies. And I don't just mean this instance 

Look, I’ve been critical of pricing strategy here and on twitter, and to be fair Mick Hogan has engaged and explained. Nothing’s perfect, but let’s all maybe keep some pespective and tone down the “incompetence” and “lies” vitriol? It ain’t that bad, and they’re doing a good job even if not perfect. There’s no conspiracies, or deliberate attempts to rip people off. 

We’re all on the same team here 

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?