RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

On Facebook I got an advertisement from the Wales RU for their autumn internationals and thought I'd take a look to compare with the World Cup. I'm actually amazed how cheap they were, with loads of tickets for Georgia from £7.50, Argentina from £12.50, Australia from £22.50 and NZ from £42.50. I always presumed RU internationals were way more than that. The user experience was far better too and I can pick my seat and not have to faff about creating an account and logging in just to view.

They are kids prices aren’t they? I had a look (got the same ad) and the adult tickets were way more expensive.

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

They are kids prices aren’t they? I had a look (got the same ad) and the adult tickets were way more expensive.

Yeah you are right, I was on my phone and didn't look too closely as I felt dirty enough as it is. Still only double that for adults though, still cheaper than I'd have thought really. I'm paying more for poor seats at a bog-standard SL ground like the DW next week than for a RU game against Australia at a marquee stadium.

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

You had said in cricket there are enough people wiling to pay top dollars for big events. I think a world cup is a big event….and even with cheap tickets the crowds are poor. Half empty tonight for aussies v ireland.

I know, I pointed that out on another thread. But I had to admit that this is not their actual WC, just some sort of additional one. 

And it still doesn't change the fact that if, say, England looked like they were going to win the cricket WC or were on the brink of beating the Aussies in the ashes, tickets would be selling really well - and especially so the corporate and best seats. RL just doesn't have enough of the money to burn category. 

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Have they reduced the cost of the South Terrace at Wire the QF? Seems to be Cat D prices now at £25 - included in the Cat D seat drop down area.

35 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Yes, looks that way. 

Wonder whether they'll refund those who paid £40?

They can't even do price changes well. The map still shows £40 for South Stand. You'd never notice unless you go into Cat D. 

If you go into Cat C where South Stand is meant to be, you'd assume it was sold out as not on sale. 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They can't even do price changes well. The map still shows £40 for South Stand. You'd never notice unless you go into Cat D. 

If you go into Cat C where South Stand is meant to be, you'd assume it was sold out as not on sale. 

The ticket website is a right mess, this is one of the biggest failures IMO, it should have been far simpler, you should be able to pick your seat and obviously it should work properly

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The ticket website is a right mess, this is one of the biggest failures IMO, it should have been far simpler, you should be able to pick your seat and obviously it should work properly

Isn't it white labelled from ticketmaster? 

Doesn't absolve them of blame - but they aren't the coders.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Isn't it white labelled from ticketmaster? 

Doesn't absolve them of blame - but they aren't the coders.

Ticketmaster do seat selection though, we've got what we've paid for. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Mate, just accept it, you aren't making any money touting that 2nd lot of tickets 🤣

Im the worst criminal.. i'd love to think i would have the guts to do it but i would keep thinking i was going to get caught and someone was going to come to my seats during one of the matches and hall me away like some really bad cop show!! 

or i'd flog one set and it would be the ones i kept that had been bloody cancelled!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Ticketmaster do seat selection though, we've got what we've paid for. 

Pay peanuts.

I assume that was intentional though - so they can get up to last minute shenanigans. Tougher to do if people have already picked seats. 

10 minutes ago, RP London said:

Im the worst criminal.. i'd love to think i would have the guts to do it but i would keep thinking i was going to get caught and someone was going to come to my seats during one of the matches and hall me away like some really bad cop show!! 

or i'd flog one set and it would be the ones i kept that had been bloody cancelled!

I did that at a gig once. They had sent me 4 tickets and cancelled two.

Got outside and decided I couldn't be bothered - so sold all 4 to a tout.

Often wonder what happened.

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Horrendous isn’t it…

… it does however open up a serious line of debate - how can they do this for this game alone having supposedly stated they wouldn’t do this? 

21 minutes ago, RP London said:

It would actually be a pretty good idea - if they're not going to fix the problem - if RLWC were just to tell people who have been sent two lots of tickets to go ahead and use both. Otherwise we're potentially going to end up with "sold-out" semi-final and final with loads of empty seats in prime positions.

5 minutes ago, Intake Don said:

Looks like they are selling the edges of the stands on side as Cat E. I'm sure my ticket which was Cat D is in a Cat C section 🤣 Its a mess aint it. Think splitting stands into different categories is a bad move need to be one category then its simpler

I don't mind them splitting stands into blocks but it should have been a lot simpler

Seating middle of the main stand cat A

Seating anywhere else Cat B

Standing Cat C

Stadiums Like HJ just aren't big enough to warrant all the different categories 

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Pay peanuts.

I assume that was intentional though - so they can get up to last minute shenanigans. Tougher to do if people have already picked seats. 

I do think it was intentional, I think they wanted to micro-manage it. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

The thing that has annoyed me most about this WC is the disgraceful way that the early buyers weren’t given the ‘best available’ seats but just shoved at the front or wherever. Basically meant being enthusiastic and buying on the first day ensured a gash seat. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The thing that has annoyed me most about this WC is the disgraceful way that the early buyers weren’t given the ‘best available’ seats but just shoved at the front or wherever. Basically meant being enthusiastic and buying on the first day ensured a gash seat. 

Agree, one thing about the CC final is that you can choose the exact seat you want- did it this year at Tottenham and had great seats on the top tire.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Its poor and not being able to pick a seat would actively dissuade many from buying early, completely defeating the point of aiming for early sales.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don't go there , you'll have them all having a go at you for suggesting simplicity 😂