RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

32 minutes ago, Griff said:

I don't know why we bother with results of the games.

People are far more interested in attendances.

Of course they are. Ignore it all you like but attendances (or not) do matter in big games like these, it's denial to pretend otherwise. 

26 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

As I discussed earlier this is the entertainment industry attendances and atmosphere DO matter . They also work as a barometer for the health of the game . 

This is an undeniable fact. If crowds aren't that important, why go through the expense of booking stadia? Just play the game on a training ground, after all, it's the result that matters. Its no different to  going to see a band at the O2 in London and the crowd numbering 2000, people would comment on that, RL is not that different in that respect. 

27 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Some people are.

Some see the bigger picture. 

If you think people don't notice things like this, you're kidding yourself. Even if someone enjoys the game, they will notice.

And people insinuating that it's gives any RL fan pleasure to see these things happen -and it's time after time let's be realistic - are way off. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

I’m at Hull tonight, Leeds next week and old Trafford the week after , I’ve seen 5 group games , I feel I’ve done my but and warrant an opinion.

You have done your but(t) by sitting at all those matches.... well done

25 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

For the reasons I listed. 

Believe we are still moving forward in terms of revenue, media reach and the other tournaments even if attendances aren't what they could/should have been.  Also notable this is first time we've moved away from super groups, which is a step I think we needed to take, but does present a challenge in giving less marquee games.  

I do see your points , However I’m sure you understand the dissatisfaction with how this tournament has turned out . It should have been so much better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Are you in the right ground because it looks pretty much full on TV

This stand holds 6,100. The players came out about 2 mins after this pic, it didn’t get fuller. 

65246231-444C-45EA-BE0B-B2774DE54CA9.jpeg

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

No. That's how that stand was. 

My pic is the same. It amazes me that people who weren’t there (the irony) don’t believe the eyes and photos of people who were 

- 3 stands were probably 90% full

- The West stand shown had - at most - 2k in it from 6k capacity 

- You couldn’t buy tickets in the middle 6 blocks of the West Stand all week, as they prioritised the TV arc, quite rightly. So those seats weren’t empty because early buyers didn’t show up. They’re empty because they didn’t sell them.

DW holds 24.5k. There’s no way there was 23.5k in there. It was 19k tops based on the above. And importantly they didn’t sell the tickets most people prefer (the sides), at a price people are prepared to pay. This isn’t just moaning about numbers. The data point is important because it determines whether people are prepared to learn lessons or not, or held accountable. Those are things we need in order to progress as a sport, rather than doing the same wrong things again because we all collectively take the Cool Aid and think this was OK. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

However it did get fuller though didn't it.

No mate, the West Stand did not get fuller than that. Dave T’s photo is 5 mins later. It’s the same. Us deciding to be collectively delusional helps nobody. If you don’t know where you’re starting from, you don’t know what you need to do in order to get where you need to be. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

I wasn’t there. But having been to the DW a lot, it didn’t look like 23k.

However, do the organisers have to pay the tax man on the tickets sold? If so, surely overstating the amount of tickets sold is counterproductive as you need to pay more tax?

I don't think people were querying whether 23.5k were there or even really whether 23.5k were "sold".

Just the actual figure in the ground then thinking around the difference between the two.

No shows being a logical reason for some.

And then others started jumping up and down on the thread about why people might want to discuss that.

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Thats my point

But will it be over 23K?

I was at 2013 game vs Ireland at Huddsfield and the place was rocking with 24K.  Yet in 2022 we play a much more attractive team in PNG in a quarter final, we should at least be above that, and playing the game in a 30K stadium with saless approaching 30K.  yet we are happy with 23K.

Argentina are tier 2 when it comes to attractiveness of fixture.  I would say Japan, NZ and SA are all more attractive fixtures than the Argentina one.

PNG is not more of an attractive fixture to casual sports fans at all, a lot of people have probably never heard of the place.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

No mate, the West Stand did not get fuller than that. Dave T’s photo is 5 mins later. It’s the same. Us deciding to be collectively delusional helps nobody. If you don’t know where you’re starting from, you don’t know what you need to do in order to get where you need to be. 

If they sold 23k tickets they sold 23k tickets. If there were 20k in the stadium they still sold 23k tickets.

45 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I wasn’t there. But having been to the DW a lot, it didn’t look like 23k.

However, do the organisers have to pay the tax man on the tickets sold? If so, surely overstating the amount of tickets sold is counterproductive as you need to pay more tax?

They pay the tax man on ticket income.

The stated attendance will bear absolutely no relation to that and hasn't for decades.

The tax man doesn't care what attendance you claim.

The oddity here - and it's an example to me of the inconsistency of so much of this tournament - is that we have examples of stating a lower attendance versus tickets sold (the women's game on Tuesday for example) but here we have what seems to be a clear case of using tickets sold/issued (their phrasing from before) and using that as the attendance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, redjonn said:

OK thanks for replying

No problem.

This was it. Somebody posted it early on the thread. Although it is for the 2021 version - but yes - it is cool.

Pricing-Table-RLWC2021.jpg