RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

7 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Just landed in my inbox...

Tomorrow at 8:30am, a limited number of Category E tickets for the men’s and women’s double-header final at Old Trafford on Saturday 19th November will go on sale for £45 for adults and £20 for students and U16s.

These tickets have been given back to us from partners, and as one of our biggest supporters, we wanted to let you know about them first.

With England Men and Women still in contention for a place at the Theatre of Dreams, we expect fans to snatch up these limited tickets extremely quickly.

They will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so block out 8.30am in your calendar and secure your place at what will be a thrilling culmination to Rugby League World Cup 2021.  

Omigod they didn't really give their sponsors the worst tickets in the stadiums did they????  Hardly the way to get sponsors to renew!!!!

7 hours ago, meast said:

Did you get your ticket sorted Dave?

Yes thanks mate. After basically having an email argument with the guy, he suddenly said "Oh, I've just realised that you said..." and fixed it for me. 

I must say, I've had to deal with the accessibility processes, and I haven't been impressed versus the service we've had at other places (gigs, theatre, festivals etc). Although the actual person I dealt with previously was excellent, the process was terrible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Omigod they didn't really give their sponsors the worst tickets in the stadiums did they????  Hardly the way to get sponsors to renew!!!!

Not necessarily. Some of those Cat E tickets are in the NE and NW quadrants, which are linked to hospitality offerings by United. So it may well be that they have returned them and there is no requirement for the hospitality, therefore leaving just the seats to be sold. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philipw said:

Not necessarily. Some of those Cat E tickets are in the NE and NW quadrants, which are linked to hospitality offerings by United. So it may well be that they have returned them and there is no requirement for the hospitality, therefore leaving just the seats to be sold. 

Yeah these were definitely originally Man United hospitality tickets.

Clever bit of marketing to have these on sale before Saturday and it gave me a push.. just booked two tickets - up in the Gods but on the plus side they were cheap and have got seat numbers 😀

Edited by theswanmcr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So I've just had a gander on the website to try and get some tickets for the semi on Friday night. I can't access the website and it's telling me I have to wait as it's busy. Hopefully that's a good sign. 

I had that yesterday, it’s probably more of s sign how rubbish the ticketing website is 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So I've just had a gander on the website to try and get some tickets for the semi on Friday night. I can't access the website and it's telling me I have to wait as it's busy. Hopefully that's a good sign. 

If it gives you the option of adding your email to be notified then put that in (doesn't have to be the one linked to your account)... you should then get a link through really quick to let you access the website.

Edited by theswanmcr
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

If it gives you the option of adding your email to be notified then put that in (doesn't have to be the one linked to your account)... you should then get a link through really quick to let you access the website.

Yeah thanks I saw that. I'm actually on now but struggling to find 2 tickets together for 2 tightwads. I'll keep trying but have lots of other stuff to do so I might forget.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yes thanks mate. After basically having an email argument with the guy, he suddenly said "Oh, I've just realised that you said..." and fixed it for me. 

I must say, I've had to deal with the accessibility processes, and I haven't been impressed versus the service we've had at other places (gigs, theatre, festivals etc). Although the actual person I dealt with previously was excellent, the process was terrible. 

Was going to say I have a spare which you could have had if needed that's all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IM2 said:

told 25k+ for Leeds and 42-5k for emirates and 65k final so far

Our friend Mr Gledhill is saying just tipped over 40k for Emirates and organisers hoping to beat the 67k semi-final total from last time round. That's about where we have thought, but possibly a couple of thousand less at the Emirates than we had hoped for.

4 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Our friend Mr Gledhill is saying just tipped over 40k for Emirates and organisers hoping to beat the 67k semi-final total from last time round. That's about where we have thought, but possibly a couple of thousand less at the Emirates than we had hoped for.

Over 40,000 tickets have now been sold so it's looking good for a 45,000+ attendance. Elland Road is selling really well as well. The RLWC organisers are hopeful that the two attendances combined will beat the 67,000 set in 2013 for the doubleheader at Wembley Stadium.

14 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I'm not sure they will shift 5k of tickets in 48 hours for The Emirates if it has only just tipped over the 40k mark today.

No, they won't. 

42 ish would be slightly on the disappointing side, whereas 25+ for Elland Road would be good. Perhaps it's simply that the southern fanbase has largely turned out for our game, whereas some northern fans have taken the opportunity to stay closer to home and see the Southern hemispheres big guns instead. If so, fair enough all things considered. 

Overall, if we do match the 67k of 2013 - with substantially higher ticket prices - I'll class the semi final round as a success crowds wise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toby Chopra said:

No, they won't. 

42 ish would be slightly on the disappointing side, whereas 25+ for Elland Road would be good. Perhaps it's simply that the southern fanbase has largely turned out for our game, whereas some northern fans have taken the opportunity to stay closer to home and see the Southern hemispheres big guns instead. If so, fair enough all things considered. 

Overall, if we do match the 67k of 2013 - with substantially higher ticket prices - I'll class the semi final round as a success crowds wise. 

I'm with you, although my doubt over the accuracy of numbers is sown by the reliability of the source.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I'm not sure they will shift 5k of tickets in 48 hours for The Emirates if it has only just tipped over the 40k mark today.

It was 35k a while ago, if we've only sold 5k in all that time, I'm not sure why anyone thinks we'd sell 5k over the next 35hrs.

But, this is Gledhill, so who knows what the truth is. 

• Like 1

I’m sure he’s plucking figures from his backside tbh. Didn’t he say 18k for Wigan about Thursday last week? No way we shifted over 5,000 in less than 2 days from that point. He’s not putting a figure on Elland Road, so his ‘info’ can’t be that detailed. 

• Like 2