Andrew Henderson…

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

I wish

Apologies,David.I obviously meant to write Wakefield Trinity.  

5 hours ago, Derwent said:

You are misinformed. Newcastle did not spend a lot of money, in fact despite presenting themselves as "full time" their playing budget was lower than some "part time" clubs. Their owner has absolutely no interest in RL, and not much more in RU also, his interest is in sweating his asset at Kingston Park and nothing more. He told me this himself.

Falcons nearly 40 million pounds in debt - though I did hear a rumour Newcastle Thunder have money to spend.( I shall await their signings being announced)

https://www.ruck.co.uk/two-more-premiership-clubs-in-trouble-as-leagues-debt-topples-500m/3/

Anyway,once again it seems honour, honesty,and loyalty has all but disappeared in todays society,and rugby league continues to highlight it.

No wording in this piece suggests a hankering to return to the role of coaching.Yet a phone call while on holiday brought about a complete conversion!

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/andrew-henderson-commits-to-keighley-cougars/

Just as Mr Ford didn't last anywhere close to the end of his reported contract I don't  think I'll be too far wrong in thinking Mr Henderson won't last close to 5 years at York,either.

That's if what I read is true...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 hours ago, Dovster said:

As a Cougar fan I am disappointed but not suprised. This comes with success.

Everyone is replaceable but we do need to make sure we get the right person.

I do wish Hendo all the best going forward.

What a brilliant level headed post......what on earth are you doing on here....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 18/10/2022 at 19:23, Angelic Cynic said:

Apologies,David.I obviously meant to write Wakefield Trinity.  

Falcons nearly 40 million pounds in debt - though I did hear a rumour Newcastle Thunder have money to spend.( I shall await their signings being announced)

https://www.ruck.co.uk/two-more-premiership-clubs-in-trouble-as-leagues-debt-topples-500m/3/

Anyway,once again it seems honour, honesty,and loyalty has all but disappeared in todays society,and rugby league continues to highlight it.

No wording in this piece suggests a hankering to return to the role of coaching.Yet a phone call while on holiday brought about a complete conversion!

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/andrew-henderson-commits-to-keighley-cougars/

Just as Mr Ford didn't last anywhere close to the end of his reported contract I don't  think I'll be too far wrong in thinking Mr Henderson won't last close to 5 years at York,either.

That's if what I read is true...

Yes Hendo was commited to Keighley , until his Chairman did not support IMG proposals so he went to a club whose Chairman backed IMG BEFORE the clubs voted 37 out of 42 in favour of IMG.

We are glad to have Hendo thank you very much .

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Yes Hendo was commited to Keighley , until his Chairman did not support IMG proposals so he went to a club whose Chairman backed IMG BEFORE the clubs voted 37 out of 42 in favour of IMG.

We are glad to have Hendo thank you very much .

Well thank you,Stirlin.

You have convinced me of the moral rectitude of Henderson.

I just wonder why he didn't leave Keighley Cougars at the end of September when the club first kept the supporters in the loop about their views when IMG gave a press release about how little imagine they had bothered with in their reimagining.

This was over a week before it was announced Ford was leaving York but there were a few other head coach jobs available at that time.

I would worry about a chairman who backs an organisation before the full facts are known but I know York followers gave fervent support to Mr John Guildford,a former chairman, prior to the lady at the council judging him correctly and giving him an excoriating denunciation during the time of the stadium planning.

I am also very glad you have Hendo.In my eyes his true colours have very much been revealed.

I am sure there will not be any cognitive dissonance at the York club.

Loyalty is a wonderful thing.

4 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Well thank you,Stirlin.

I just wonder why he didn't leave Keighley Cougars at the end of September when the club first kept the supporters in the loop about their views when IMG gave a press release about how little imagine they had bothered with in their reimagining.

This was over a week before it was announced Ford was leaving York but there were a few other head coach jobs available at that time.

I would worry about a chairman who backs an organisation before the full facts are known but I know York followers gave fervent support to Mr John Guildford,a former chairman, prior to the lady at the council judging him correctly and giving him an excoriating denunciation during the time of the stadium planning.

I am also very glad you have Hendo.In my eyes his true colours have very much been revealed.

Theres no such thing as loyalty in sport.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

...but I know York followers gave fervent support to Mr John Guildford,a former chairman, prior to the lady at the council judging him correctly and giving him an excoriating denunciation during the time of the stadium planning.

The ones with half a brain bloody well didn't. 🤣

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Well thank you,Stirlin.

I would worry about a chairman who backs an organisation before the full facts are known 

Maybe I could have worded it differently , here is the man himself.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/22852100.goodchild-proposed-changes-positive-scenario-overall/

Edited by Stirlin

Yes.As mentioned on another thread IMG are all about marketing - they may be needed to assist some clubs after yesterdays news.One which gained Super League status after pitch results,2 years after gaining Super League status from an off-field decision made by a retired judge:if memory serves.

Lots of clubs altering club crests,apparently for the digital age.

Human conduct remains the same, and as fellow York fan,spanishknight,states above,there is no such thing as loyalty in sport.

There ain't longevity either.IMG = 12 yrs.Henderson at York = 5 years.

Long live the lettuce.

If Henderson and your current chair support IMG it seems a perfect match, made perfect, for YorkrlfcKnights.

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yes.As mentioned on another thread IMG are all about marketing - they may be needed to assist some clubs after yesterdays news.One which gained Super League status after pitch results,2 years after gaining Super League status from an off-field decision made by a retired judge:if memory serves.

Lots of clubs altering club crests,apparently for the digital age.

Human conduct remains the same, and as fellow York fan,spanishknight,states above,there is no such thing as loyalty in sport.

There ain't longevity either.IMG = 12 yrs.Henderson at York = 5 years.

Long live the lettuce.

If Henderson and your current chair support IMG it seems a perfect match, made perfect, for YorkrlfcKnights.

Thank you for that , given that the NRL Premiership where almost every team in that league  have won the Grand final where as here since the formation of Super League only 4 teams have been successfull in taking the grand prize it is not just us that could benefit from IMG proposals.

Edited by Stirlin

22 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Well thank you,Stirlin.

Trust such a supercilious sesquipedalian as AC to not let the facts get in the way of an attention seeking nonsensical diatribe 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Thank you for that , given that the NRL Premiership where almost every team in that league  have won the Grand final where as here since the formation of Super League only 4 teams have been successfull in taking the grand prize it is not just us that could benefit from IMG proposals.

There are reasons why only 4 clubs have proved to be the winners.....but if you don't know those reasons and reckon York can benefit from IMG...then good luck with those beliefs.

59 minutes ago, JonT said:

Trust such a supercilious sesquipedalian as AC to not let the facts get in the way of an attention seeking nonsensical diatribe 🙄

Supercilious....by a conciliatory agreement and attempting to leave the thread?

Attention Seeking? You ain't as plausible as Andrew Henderson - that's for sure!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Attention Seeking? You ain't as plausible as Andrew Henderson - that's for sure!

Whatever darling 😘 

Just know you're not the only with a vocabulary 🙄

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There are reasons why only 4 clubs have proved to be the winners.....but if you don't know those reasons and reckon York can benefit from IMG...then good luck with those beliefs.

Ok this is your 2022 dig at York , similar to the one in 2018 , IMG could benifit all clubs wishing to progress up the ladder , not just York.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Stirlin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Has nobody on here ever changed their job or are they too loyal for that?

I remember Chisholm leaving Sheffield Eagles. 

I remember Sam Barlow.Left,then played against them,didn't he? Breached part of an agreement?

I remember a certain club not being too pleased.

Forget contracts.Mean nothing.Everyone should remain a free agent.

I am all for it.

Then the supporters won't feel they have been given disinformation and misinformation by people who are supercilious and have a vocabulary.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I remember Chisholm leaving Sheffield Eagles. 

I remember Sam Barlow.Left,then played against them,didn't he? Breached part of an agreement?

I've no quarrel with either of those players. 

What's your point?

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I've no quarrel with either of those players. 

What's your point?

You may not have a quarrel with either player - but the Sheffield Eagles club took action.

Breach of contract.

There again,the laws of the game on the pitch are also either ignored,or a bit of a lottery.

Anyway,it seems the chair of York will be there for a bit of time,Andrew Henderson for 5 years,and IMG the next decade,or so.

Interesting times - they could even change jobs and no one will complain.....just meekly accept.

Good Oh. 

41 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

You may not have a quarrel with either player - but the Sheffield Eagles club took action.

Breach of contract.

There again,the laws of the game on the pitch are also either ignored,or a bit of a lottery.

Anyway,it seems the chair of York will be there for a bit of time,Andrew Henderson for 5 years,and IMG the next decade,or so.

Interesting times - they could even change jobs and no one will complain.....just meekly accept.

Good Oh. 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ⁰

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Breach of contract.

Good Oh. 

What's that got to do with me?

• Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"