1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I like watching a very good Rugby League team play great Rugby League. 

We know that if Australia play anyone outside of the top 3 or 4 nations they will run up a high score.  So what, the best teams wins games. 

What are we supposed to do, be embarrassed by how good they are.

No, make the comp worth watching instead of having fill in teams to try to make the game seem stronger than it actually is, it is a self effacing pat on the back to say we have 16 nations who can be part of a World Cup competition.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuff Smith said:

That. And a miracle.

And possibly electrodes.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Real shame we have a damp squib crowd garn on. Was hoping they would brighten up proceedings and give us a Mexican wave at least. There's plenty of room to get a good conga going, it'll take the spotlight off the dungfest on the pitch for a bit. What a dire spectacle.

Just now, Mark S said:

The video ref sounds like he has been inconveniently dragged away from watching Eastenders. 

Gardener's World on iPlayer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm not enjoying such a one sided game personally. But people moaning that it embarrasses the game should remember the England women's football team won a game 20-0 a while back and all you hear in the media is how great they are, not that big scores shouldn't happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What was the sin binning for? I'm watching with the sound off and was looking away when it happened. 

I think it was for tackling the player by grabbing his collar. Does that even count as a high tackle? not sure

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, make the comp worth watching instead of having fill in teams to try to make or game seem stronger than it actually is, it is a self effacing pat on the back to say we have 16 nations who can be part of a World Cup competition.

I enjoyed the Scotland Italy game and I expect I will enjoy the Scotland Fiji game.

If you don't want to watch these games, you know what, I really don't care.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Hughsehhh said:

Matty Russell is a genuine Scot and proud, so for the likes of him I feel sorry for 

As is David Scott, but he's nowhere to be seen. Same with Ireland, they pick half arsed Aussies over Ronan Michael.

There needs to be a rule in 2025 that you must have at least 8 domestic in your 24 man squad. If the likes of Scotland etc can't do that, well tough. They don't have a divine right to be in the competition. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moe syszlak said:

I'm not enjoying such a one sided game personally. But people moaning that it embarrasses the game should remember the England women's football team won a game 20-0 a while back and all you hear in the media is how great they are, not that big scores shouldn't happen.

Who gives a shot?

Handbags bring the noise from the crowd!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson