Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

All the official RL channels are announcing it, taking the ###### out of the Governing bodies and the competition you are playing in next year is just unprofessional.

I dunno. If they announce "the real" rebrand straight after and it's striking and amazing, it could go down as a stroke of genius.

I just don't think Leigh are playing 4D chess here. More like Snakes & Ladders.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

WTF, that branding is terrible, that’s not real surely?

Ha ha ha..  this is next level.

I realise what I’m about to say is as ridiculous as this ‘rebrand’, but the RFL should have rules in place that stop this kind of childish nonsense. Seriously, there should be rules on standards, and people who have the knowledge to uphold those standards.

this is pure comedy.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Whatever they're called, they'll still be long on favourites to go down again sadly.

After all, they're unlikely to change their spots...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I dunno. If they announce "the real" rebrand straight after and it's striking and amazing, it could go down as a stroke of genius.

I just don't think Leigh are playing 4D chess here. More like Snakes & Ladders.

A stroke of genius, why? it will generate some clicks and ridicule for what?

If its a stunt its just for DBs  ego

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Ha ha ha..  this is next level.

I realise what I’m about to say is as ridiculous as this ‘rebrand’, but the RFL should have rules in place that stop this kind of childish nonsense. Seriously, there should be rules on standards, and people who have the knowledge to uphold those standards.

this is pure comedy.

Yep my thoughts exactly, were trying to raise the image of the sport and this is just tin pot, if it is a PR stunt its even worse.

Just now, LeeF said:

Presumably this “quality” of rebranding will result in a club losing points under the new IMG grading process? It really is so unprofessional and that’s being kind

If such things weren't on the criteria before, I'm sure they will be being added.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, The Future is League said:

IF it is its good people talking about the club its mission achieved for Dexy 

Really, why?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Most rebrands are viewed with cynicism.

Any new rebrand will be well received in comparison to this nonsense they've come up with.

Not to mention it's given all the other clubs a chance to get in on it🤣

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Most rebrands are viewed with cynicism.

Any new rebrand will be well received in comparison to this nonsense they've come up with.

Not to mention it's given all the other clubs a chance to get in on it🤣

If they're still the Leopards at this time tomorrow then it wasn't a wind up.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Agree.

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I'm no fan of Dexy, but he is a successful businessman

What's that got do with the price of fish?

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s definitely a wind up, and a very good one. 

If it is a wind up then its a stupid one. It does nothing but make Leigh look tinpot. Even if you did do it as a wind up it's daft to do it on a day when you announce 10 new signings when you'd have publicity anyway. You also don't announce those signings in fake branding and completely undermine them, and also your club, by allowing that branding to be used on official SL media releases.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2