Shirt sponsor.

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

He did say it would evolve with feedback on the fan page on Facebook and the thre were different things to come

Was that on the page that is still called Leigh Centurions? I presume that is also what these "enoses" are in reference to:

If you rebrand and then immediately start changing it, I can't see how anyone spins that into a positive...

49 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It is completely different.

God this is amateur time

On the plus side, now Derek's picked a different clip art image for the leopard/jaguar head it no longer has the testicles (or face with sunglasses and a moustache if you prefer) at the top 😀

image.png.4100452ec796d6b7c97a5102a7a88172.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

One of the more interesting things about threads like this is it highlights which contributors are not so much fans for their club as spin doctors.

Most of us have things that happen at our clubs from time to time that we don't agree with, and it's perfectly reasonable not to want to criticise your club on social media, and the simple option is just to keep quiet in those circumstances.

As someone who isn't a Leigh fan, there are lots of positive things I can see about the owner - he loves his club and has pumped vast amounts of his own money in, and rugby league needs to be grateful for people who do that. I think he has some very positive sides to his character that sometimes get a bit forgotten amongst his more bombastic comments.

The Leigh club had a terrific year, recruited really well, and I think they deserve to go well in SL, and I think and hope they will.

But this is such an obvious vanity project of the owner's, nothing more, nothing less. He's changed both their name and their time-honoured colours without any consultation with fans just to indulge his own slightly odd passion for leopard print. He's even admitted that the main reason for the change is "far and above, the owner's open love for the leopard."

It's a colossal own-goal where the only defense appears to be "but publicity!" - including by Beaumont on his own social media who is now thanking people who comment adversely on Twitter with comments thanking them for "the exposure".

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Moove said:

On the plus side, now Derek's picked a different clip art image for the leopard/jaguar head it no longer has the testicles (or face with sunglasses and a moustache if you prefer) at the top 😀

image.png.4100452ec796d6b7c97a5102a7a88172.png

Devastating. That was the best bit - and the confirmation that the thing hadn't been designed by a professional.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Changed it already?

Amateur hour

To be honest, that is at least better than the initial design so if a bit of indecision at least results in a better looking end product i'd rather that than belligerently sticking with the initial offering. 

There seems to be some suggestion now that the rebrand had to be brought forward at the last minute to avoid SL fixtures coming out with the old club name on them. Which does explain some very sloppy details, however in my opinion the response from the club to the expedited date should have been holding back on any badge/kit and just gone with a name reveal along with signings/women's team/academy announcements. It also appears that the initial shirt designs were very much concept and could end up looking nothing like the finished product, which again highlights poor communication from the club as most of the frustration/anxiety about this with Leigh fans has come from uncertainty over what is actually happening. The club could and should have released the branding and basically said 'here's the new name, this is why and badge/kit are still going through final designs and will be released in due course...in the meantime here's the best Leigh squad of the SL era'. If they'd have done that, I guarantee the mood of Leigh fans would have been overwhelmingly more positive than it has been.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Devastating. That was the best bit - and the confirmation that the thing hadn't been designed by a professional.

I have figured this out - it’s not technically a logo, it’s more of an avatar. The red that’s newly appeared reflects the unsuccessful attempt of the leopard to bash its own brains out to put itself out of its misery. One can hardly blame it. Is there no beginning to Derek’s talents?

• Haha 2

Did anybody listen to the Radio GMR rugby hour today?

The shirt is an example and different logos are being released over the next week. The colours are not finalised.

The fans will be asked to vote for the final shirt, colours and logo.

• Haha 2

Just now, binosh said:

The shirt is an example and different logos are being released over the next week. The colours are not finalised.

You'd have thought that might have been mentioned at the launch if it was part of the plan all along.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

If that’s true it’s even more amateurish than first thought

• Like 4

23 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why?

But why? 

Why?

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why?

Why?

Why and how?

I am sure I have had this conversation many times with my 9 year old.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Leigh-Poor rebrand

RL fans- that’s poor, that’s amateur, fans weren’t even consulted, the heritage gone, I hate it amateurs, tinpot. Shirt is awful not buying it.

Leigh Owner- Nothing is finalised, fans can choose the final colours, we have different logos we want you to see, kit can be chosen we showed a concept. A fans forum is being held at the end of the month.

RL fans- That’s even more amateur and tinpot.

RL fans- but but but the font has changed.

Edited by binosh

So,those in attendance at the launch,and who thought it was wonderful,were really thinking only the name change from Centurions to Leopards was wonderful as everything else was merely preparatory steps towards something completely different.

Very Monty Python - as is the rumour that it was RFL/IMG approved.

There is also a shirt sponsor sponsoring an as yet unknown shirt.

Super.This and politicians make life so much easier. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

11 minutes ago, binosh said:

Leigh-Poor rebrand

RL fans- that’s poor, that’s amateur, fans weren’t even consulted, the heritage gone, I hate it amateurs, tinpot. Shirt is awful not buying it.

Leigh Owner- Nothing is finalised, fans can choose the final colours, we have different logos we want you to see, kit can be chosen we showed a concept. A fans forum is being held at the end of the month.

RL fans- That’s even more amateur and tinpot.

RL fans- but but but the font has changed.

The launch of a rebrand wasn't actually the launch of a rebrand, but nobody told anyone this till several days later because they definitely didn't see the public reaction being incredibly negative and change their position based on that...

Everything associated with this "rebrand" is tinpot from start to finish.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

"Don’t keep asking me why, Reg
It just happens to be that year"

One for the Shuttleworth fans.

I have shouted along to that in Newark Town Hall.

I'm not proud.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The launch of a rebrand wasn't actually the launch of a rebrand, but nobody told anyone this till several days later because they definitely didn't see the public reaction being incredibly negative and change their position based on that...

Everything associated with this "rebrand" is tinpot from start to finish.

It was a rebrand, the Leopards name isn’t changing. But the design work was awful / tinpot. And it looks like that will be revisited, along with the lack of consultation with the fan base.

Not sure why trying to correct the rubbish stuff is tinpot?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

So,those in attendance at the launch,and who thought it was wonderful,were really thinking only the name change from Centurions to Leopards was wonderful as everything else was merely preparatory steps towards something completely different.

Very Monty Python - as is the rumour that it was RFL/IMG approved.

There is also a shirt sponsor sponsoring an as yet unknown shirt.

Super.This and politicians make life so much easier. 

I would why Mr Sadler didn’t mention all this 

54 minutes ago, phiggins said:

It was a rebrand, the Leopards name isn’t changing. But the design work was awful / tinpot. And it looks like that will be revisited, along with the lack of consultation with the fan base.

Not sure why trying to correct the rubbish stuff is tinpot?

Trying to pretend that this was always the plan is what makes it tinpot.  Infact, it is tinpot squared.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1