2023 New Kits - Part 2

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I have my fingers crossed that Degsy is wearing a full on leopard print suit when he leads Leigh out at Wembley.

I will be very disappointed in him if he doesn't!

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Yes…they were the original colours…not sure when they changed but they wore red and white hoops throughout 60s and 70s (and reflected in the long standing programme cover)

Here is the programme in question. They must have played in red and white for a good number of years. I think they were red and white the 50s as well.

download.jpeg-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 11:20, Gooleboy said:

A bit of nostalgia here. I remember getting this in the Hotspur comic as a kid.

Hotspur-Club-Colours-8.jpg

Nice bit of nostalgia. Strikes me as odd, though, that in an era before Wakefield Wildcats, Leigh Leopards, and even non-alliterative animal-based team names like Leeds Rhinos, there were the Rochdale Hornets. And bizarrely, they played not in black and yellow but red, white and blue.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Damien said:

Oxen 2 for 1 England summer range sale:

For me, at the risk of going back to scheduling issues much debated on here, there's no real point buying the latest England RL kit, because they surely won't have played a game in it. If you are going to try and shift sports kit you surely need the team to be playing some matches for it to come with any kind of identity/association with a current event or future collective memory, don't you?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any Wigan supporters here buy the retro jersey? Wondering what the sizing is like compared to the 2023 shirt or are they more of a relaxed fit? Example: if I'm a 3XL in the current shirt with a firm fit, would a 3XL retro shirt fit the same or be a bit looser?

• 2 weeks later...