2023 New Kits - Part 2

25 minutes ago, daz39 said:

God knows why clubs don't produce decent shirts at the start of the season, it's clearly possible to do halfway through, would love us to do a retro shirt and wear it for a few games.

Your jersey this year is already class tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Your jersey this year is already class tbf. 

Yes for a change they both are but i'm a real retro man myself and love to see clubs playing in as near to tradition as today's market allows.

• Like 2

How many shirts do clubs need? It’s just fast fashion and sport combining further but unlike the annual merry-go-round of shirts changes, many of these kind of shirts are one-off’s, which I don’t really like. 

Still, it’s a good shirt, being modern whilst having enough of a retro feel about it. 

On 01/05/2023 at 19:06, Chrispmartha said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet, lovely stuff from wire

Talk was they were going to have a kit the same from the last year they were champions but as all the photos were black and white they couldn’t colour match 😜

• Haha 1

Castleford's Magic Weekend kit, a tribute to Tawera Nikau.

89QDfeuUlRdJhfl5drHy-80.png

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes - longer than I expected.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That original shirt is lovely, the one they’ve made actually isn’t bad, I like the retro badge and it’s quite smart but it’s not a great remake of the original shirt. 

Leeds’ isn’t bad for a charity shirt, either. 

The Leeds shirt is such a great Idea and cause I just wish they'd put a bit of effort into it, I mean look at the sponsors logos, they've clearly gone they don't work lets just put a massively thick blue line around them and slap them on.

And in the brand guidelines for the Doddle Weir foundation it show the pattern in detail, there's something very familiar from a Leeds RL POV in there that the designers could have used to better effect...

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

The Leeds shirt is such a great Idea and cause I just wish they'd put a bit of effort into it, I mean look at the sponsors logos, they've clearly gone they don't work lets just put a massively thick blue line around them and slap them on.

And in the brand guidelines for the Doddle Weir foundation it show the pattern in detail, there's something very familiar from a Leeds RL POV in there that the designers could have used to better effect...

spacer.png

Almost like it's a slight knock-off, when the obvious thing is in front of them.

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

C’mon F. Put me out of my misery. All I can hear is a whooshing sound.

The moment I saw the pictures of the shirt, I knew someone would complain (correctly) that it looks nothing like the Cas short Tawera wore. Normally, someone jumps in with an objection a lot sooner.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don’t understand why RL kit designers treat logos on the shirt as an afterthought they are part of the design and should be treated as such, it’s not difficult it took me 5 minutes 

spacer.png

Now that is a nice shirt incorporating a great charity... I could see more of those being sold to be honest.. which surely is the point.. 

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don’t understand why RL kit designers treat logos on the shirt as an afterthought they are part of the design and should be treated as such, it’s not difficult it took me 5 minutes 

spacer.png

mqdefault.jpeg.bdd2b8981ef88ea0f3dcacb6b5eb3466.jpeg

"What are these? Kits for the invisible man?!"

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

17 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

spacer.png

Would be nice, but harder to distinguish against that already dark Cas Nikau shirt no?

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Would be nice, but harder to distinguish against that already dark Cas Nikau shirt no?

It was more to show how logos don’t need to be slapped on-top of the design.

the top blue half sleeves , shorts and socks could be white.