Cas Stadium Revelopment - could it be this time?

20 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Do away teams still get changed in the facilities under the stand (the stand opposite the corporate stand)or was that a COVID thing?.....looking in I could see it was tiny and the players had to spill out to get changed (last year this was)

I belive they still use it but i can't comment on them as i have never been in them. IF we did EVENTUALLY lol got to SL i assume we would have to sort dressing rooms out if they are as bad as some say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Do away teams still get changed in the facilities under the stand (the stand opposite the corporate stand)or was that a COVID thing?.....looking in I could see it was tiny and the players had to spill out to get changed (last year this was)

Not sure if it was a covid hangover or not.  But if it's a little uncomfortable for the visitors, I'm OK with that.  Home advantage and all that 😜

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Not sure if it was a covid hangover or not.  But if it's a little uncomfortable for the visitors, I'm OK with that.  Home advantage and all that 😜

Not happy with them having to walk under the local youth spitting on them though 🤔😡

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

I went to the Leeds friendly earlier this year....it was quite funny seeing Agar and various SL stars spilling out half dressed into the mud behind the stand.... while people tried to get past to the toilet ....

I bet they don't have the heating on very high in there either!

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I went to the Leeds friendly earlier this year....it was quite funny seeing Agar and various SL stars spilling out half dressed into the mud behind the stand.... while people tried to get past to the toilet ....

I bet they don't have the heating on very high in there either!

As funny as it is , a bit naughty , doubt they'd get away with it if they went up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Not happy with them having to walk under the local youth spitting on them though 🤔😡

Yeah, that's not great.  A stop has been put to that with stewards and the first 5 seats on either side being blocked off.

And in fairness I can only recall that happening at one game when the 30 or so members of the Fev Brain Trust decided to go in the stable stand, rather than in their usual place.

• Haha 1

On 24/12/2022 at 10:18, David Shepherd said:

Yeah, that's not great.  A stop has been put to that with stewards and the first 5 seats on either side being blocked off.

And in fairness I can only recall that happening at one game when the 30 or so members of the Fev Brain Trust decided to go in the stable stand, rather than in their usual place.

" Brain trust " 😂 , I thought that was Evans and Suggy sharing one ? 😉 

Although it wouldn't be an even split , more 99% to 1% 😂

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Haha 1

On 20/12/2022 at 18:12, Taffy Tiger said:

Not necessarily . Some teams prefer a smaller and tighter pitch . Home advantage is exactly that , having a pitch that suits you and your style of play . There was an average of 42.59 points per game last season , with Cas having 41.76 per game , only slightly below average . In 2017 when Cas won the league , they outscored everybody , and played some fantastic , expansive rugby both home and away , despite the size of the pitch at WR .

It’s the length of the pitch that’s a problem not the width, therefore expansive play isn’t impaired at all. It’s just that once you’ve made a break you’re in danger of running into the stand before you realise you’ve crossed the try line.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It was quite funny when we played Fev in a preseason friendly and Brett Ferres went straight into the burger van queue at half time.

• Haha 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, OMEGA said:

It’s the length of the pitch that’s a problem not the width, therefore expansive play isn’t impaired at all. It’s just that once you’ve made a break you’re in danger of running into the stand before you realise you’ve crossed the try line.

Hahaha , like it . Have a good Christmas and the same to everyone else

2 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

It was quite funny when we played Fev in a preseason friendly and Brett Ferres went straight into the burger van queue at half time.

Must have liked it because didn't he end up going to Fev in the end ? Maybe an eat as you play deal! (Or meat as you play? )

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

9 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Will the pitch at Cas still be an under 10s sized one even after the ground redevelopment?

No.  The club are going to put in a speed bump every 5 metres so if you were to then measure the actual playing surface it will be 100m long.  Nothing against that in the rules is there?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think this isn’t pie in the sky stuff - I can’t see this one not going ahead.

And with Belle Vue getting a revamp too, we may actually have a SL where all clubs play in modern stadiums.

IMO, I’m glad Cas and Wakey are going down the renovation route rather than the new ground route - it maintains the history while providing modern facilities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

And with Belle Vue getting a revamp too, we may actually have a SL where all clubs play in modern stadiums.

IMO, I’m glad Cas and Wakey are going down the renovation route rather than the new ground route - it maintains the history while providing modern facilities.

I think too much time was wasted hoping they could get the new stadium with little investment from the club.The Wheldon road site has plenty of space for redevelopment and i think that is the best option.

2 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

Axiom have been trying to develop that land for a good few years and aside from putting some new flags up about 4 years ago, they've achieved the square root of sod all.

I'm not saying it will never happen, but I'd be amazed if they had started work in 5 years time, nevermind got to the stage where they'd be coughing up for the stadium improvements. 

Hopefully Cas can make some use of the £2m that WMDC have allocated to each of the three clubs and make some much needed improvements, independent of waiting for this development to happen.  There are many hurdles for it to overcome, not least highway access and their plans for what is already an overloaded motorway junction look like they've been crayoned by a 4 year old.

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Axiom have been trying to develop that land for a good few years and aside from putting some new flags up about 4 years ago, they've achieved the square root of sod all.

I'm not saying it will never happen, but I'd be amazed if they had started work in 5 years time, nevermind got to the stage where they'd be coughing up for the stadium improvements. 

Hopefully Cas can make some use of the £2m that WMDC have allocated to each of the three clubs and make some much needed improvements, independent of waiting for this development to happen.  There are many hurdles for it to overcome, not least highway access and their plans for what is already an overloaded motorway junction look like they've been crayoned by a 4 year old.

Looks like CAS would be best to take a leaf out of Fevs book and try to find a football club with a half decent stand that is being demolished , and use the 2 M to acquire it and relocate it to Wheldon Rd 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Covid slump caused the same problems as for Wakefield with two years of inactivity.  Axiom were originally planning Retail Outlets alongside the proposed New Build Stadium but retail never recovered.  Now Light Industrial isn't it?  This change should prevent the traffic tailbacks up onto the M62 being any worse than they currently are.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

23 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Covid slump caused the same problems as for Wakefield with two years of inactivity.  Axiom were originally planning Retail Outlets alongside the proposed New Build Stadium but retail never recovered.  Now Light Industrial isn't it?  This change should prevent the traffic tailbacks up onto the M62 being any worse than they currently are.

Have you seen the proposed junction layout? It's a right dog's breakfast. May not impact the mainline of the 62 thanks to the increase in stacking lanes, but travel through the junction between Ponte/Xscape/Cas looks to be much more difficult. Not sure the local residents will enjoy all that extra HGV activity either.

I also see that the initial activity is to extract coal from the site.  That would suggest they're a long way off building anything.  It's unlikely to be a quick process, even if the Cult of St Greta allow them to strip mine greenbelt for some nasty, evil coal.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1